Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Beginner, first propane grill

Hi, being a freecycle friendly sort, we now have a propane tank grill.
I have to get the tanks to match it and clean it up but it is a
slightly rusty fairly quality unit with one large covered grill and one
smaller covered grill and a center 'burner' (assuming a pot sits on it).

We've always used simple units and this is more of a quality piece in
construction.

Wish us luck figuring it out!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

good luck, Let us know how it goes, Lee
"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Hi, being a freecycle friendly sort, we now have a propane tank grill.
> I have to get the tanks to match it and clean it up but it is a
> slightly rusty fairly quality unit with one large covered grill and one
> smaller covered grill and a center 'burner' (assuming a pot sits on it).
>
> We've always used simple units and this is more of a quality piece in
> construction.
>
> Wish us luck figuring it out!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Hi, being a freecycle friendly sort, we now have a propane tank grill.
> I have to get the tanks to match it and clean it up but it is a
> slightly rusty fairly quality unit with one large covered grill and one
> smaller covered grill and a center 'burner' (assuming a pot sits on it).
>
> We've always used simple units and this is more of a quality piece in
> construction.
>
> Wish us luck figuring it out!

Sounds like an unusual setup of burners. What brand is it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 22:28:07 +0200, "Ed Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"cshenk" > wrote in message
m...
>> Hi, being a freecycle friendly sort, we now have a propane tank grill.
>> I have to get the tanks to match it and clean it up but it is a
>> slightly rusty fairly quality unit with one large covered grill and one
>> smaller covered grill and a center 'burner' (assuming a pot sits on it).
>>
>> We've always used simple units and this is more of a quality piece in
>> construction.
>>
>> Wish us luck figuring it out!
>>

>Sounds like an unusual setup of burners. What brand is it?

I'd be very tentative attempting to light such a dinosaur before
having it checked out by a qualified technician.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> > Hi, being a freecycle friendly sort, we now have a propane tank
> > grill. I have to get the tanks to match it and clean it up but it
> > is a slightly rusty fairly quality unit with one large covered
> > grill and one smaller covered grill and a center 'burner' (assuming
> > a pot sits on it).
> >
> > We've always used simple units and this is more of a quality piece
> > in construction.
> >
> > Wish us luck figuring it out!
> >

> Sounds like an unusual setup of burners. What brand is it?

Havent a clue! It's about 10 years old and no rust for all it's been
outdoors if that says much.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 22:28:07 +0200, "Ed Pawlowski" >
> wrote:
>

> >"cshenk" > wrote in message
> >> Hi, being a freecycle friendly sort, we now have a propane tank

> grill. >> I have to get the tanks to match it and clean it up but it
> is a >> slightly rusty fairly quality unit with one large covered
> grill and one >> smaller covered grill and a center 'burner'
> (assuming a pot sits on it).
> > >
> >> We've always used simple units and this is more of a quality piece

> in >> construction.
> > >
> >> Wish us luck figuring it out!
> > >

> > Sounds like an unusual setup of burners. What brand is it?

> I'd be very tentative attempting to light such a dinosaur before
> having it checked out by a qualified technician.

I figure to pipe cleaner the valves and all that then have a friend who
has such a unit check it over.

Request for propane grill info, please. No Way Barbecue 0 21-04-2007 08:14 PM
Propane grill Scotty General Cooking 16 26-06-2005 06:06 AM
Help With Weber Propane Grill Jim Mitchell Barbecue 3 04-04-2005 12:54 PM
How to grill steak using a portable propane bbq Mark Barbecue 18 15-06-2004 12:22 AM
propane vs coal grill question tgodiver Barbecue 5 05-10-2003 07:38 AM