Posted to rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/23/2011 7:04 PM, l, not -l wrote:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Just asking.

Pretty much anything.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cooler than vanilla seltzer?

Christopher M. wrote:
> What's cooler than vanilla seltzer?
>
> Just asking.
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

What's vanilla seltzer? Here, we homemake vanilla syrup, and we add it
to our SodaStream-produced seltzer, but the result is called cream soda.
Cream Soda can or cannot have actual cream in it - it's basically
vanilla seltzer.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:38:51 -0400, "Steve Freides" >
wrote:

>Christopher M. wrote:
>> What's cooler than vanilla seltzer?
>>
>> Just asking.
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

>What's vanilla seltzer? Here, we homemake vanilla syrup, and we add it
>to our SodaStream-produced seltzer, but the result is called cream soda.
>Cream Soda can or cannot have actual cream in it - it's basically
>vanilla seltzer.

There are more variations than Carter's has Little Liver Pills:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream_soda

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> Christopher M. wrote:
>> What's cooler than vanilla seltzer?
>>
>> Just asking.
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> What's vanilla seltzer? Here, we homemake vanilla syrup, and we add it to
> our SodaStream-produced seltzer, but the result is called cream soda.
> Cream Soda can or cannot have actual cream in it - it's basically vanilla
> seltzer.

Cool. I had no idea.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:38:51 -0400, "Steve Freides" >
> wrote:
>
>>Christopher M. wrote:
>>> What's cooler than vanilla seltzer?
>>>
>>> Just asking.
>>>

>>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

>>What's vanilla seltzer? Here, we homemake vanilla syrup, and we add it
>>to our SodaStream-produced seltzer, but the result is called cream soda.
>>Cream Soda can or cannot have actual cream in it - it's basically
>>vanilla seltzer.

> There are more variations than Carter's has Little Liver Pills:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream_soda

I've had Barq's Red Creme Soda in New Orleans. It's vanilla and almond
flavored. They call the flavor "nectar" down there.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 23:48:34 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

>"Steve Freides" > wrote in message
>> Christopher M. wrote:
>>> What's cooler than vanilla seltzer?
>>>
>>> Just asking.
>>>

>>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

>> What's vanilla seltzer? Here, we homemake vanilla syrup, and we add it to
>> our SodaStream-produced seltzer, but the result is called cream soda.
>> Cream Soda can or cannot have actual cream in it - it's basically vanilla
>> seltzer.

>Cool. I had no idea.

With milk/cream that would be a vanilla eggcream.
However soda fountain concoctions are very geographically biased, even
within the same town they can be very different.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 26, 11:38*am, "Steve Freides" > wrote:
> Christopher M. wrote:
> > What's cooler than vanilla seltzer?

> > Just asking.

> > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> What's vanilla seltzer? *Here, we homemake vanilla syrup, and we add it
> to our SodaStream-produced seltzer, but the result is called cream soda.
> Cream Soda can or cannot have actual cream in it - it's basically
> vanilla seltzer.

In my book, cream sodas differ from vanilla seltzer in being
sweetened. Egg cream is another fizzy "cream" drink that doesn't
contain cream, but at least it has milk. (But no egg. Go figure.)

Jerry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 07:15:30 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Avins >
wrote:

>On Sep 26, 11:38*am, "Steve Freides" > wrote:
>> Christopher M. wrote:
>> > What's cooler than vanilla seltzer?

>> > Just asking.

>> > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

>> What's vanilla seltzer? *Here, we homemake vanilla syrup, and we add it
>> to our SodaStream-produced seltzer, but the result is called cream soda.
>> Cream Soda can or cannot have actual cream in it - it's basically
>> vanilla seltzer.

>In my book, cream sodas differ from vanilla seltzer in being
>sweetened. Egg cream is another fizzy "cream" drink that doesn't
>contain cream, but at least it has milk. (But no egg. Go figure.)

Whole milk contains cream. It's called an *egg*cream because the foam
at the top looks like frothy beaten egg whites... made correctly the
foam should be pure white without a speck of syrup.

Funny Old Alka Seltzer Commercials jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 0 06-11-2013 09:18 PM
Seltzer Man brooklyn1 General Cooking 6 27-09-2009 08:23 PM
Cucumber seltzer???? percy Diabetic 5 03-03-2009 12:18 AM
wine cooler or bevarage cooler claudia Cooking Equipment 5 13-08-2008 02:55 AM
Seltzer cartridges? Nancy Young General Cooking 17 07-04-2006 12:15 AM