Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Anyone knows a good culinary school???

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2011-09-26, Dan Abel > wrote:
>
> > Seriously, my father (age 95) just moved into a skilled nursing
> > facility.

> What's a "skilled nursing facility", Dan?

I don't know the differences. He was in an Adult Home. He fell off a
curb into a parking lot and broke his neck. He went from (in the
hospital) intensive care, a regular room and then a different hospital
in the rehab unit. The rehab unit said he wasn't making progress (he
has dementia), so said he needed a skilled nursing facility. Didn't
know how long he would be there, but now they say that it will be a
while. It is unknown whether his vertebrae will heal.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
>Dan Abel wrote:
>
>>my father (age 95) just moved into a skilled nursing facility.

>What's a "skilled nursing facility"?

Ooo, Ooo, I know. Hey, it's more nourishing and much more satisfying
than a can of ensure. LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:

> Seriously, my father (age 95) just moved into a skilled nursing
> facility. They have two cats and a dog (for 100 beds). He's pretty
> happy with that.

Every nursing home needs a cat like this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-470906
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> notbob > wrote:
>
>> On 2011-09-26, Dan Abel > wrote:
>>
>> > Seriously, my father (age 95) just moved into a skilled nursing
>> > facility.

>> What's a "skilled nursing facility", Dan?

> I don't know the differences. He was in an Adult Home. He fell off a
> curb into a parking lot and broke his neck. He went from (in the
> hospital) intensive care, a regular room and then a different hospital
> in the rehab unit. The rehab unit said he wasn't making progress (he
> has dementia), so said he needed a skilled nursing facility. Didn't
> know how long he would be there, but now they say that it will be a
> while. It is unknown whether his vertebrae will heal.
>
> --
> Dan Abel
> Petaluma, California USA

The term "skilled nursing facility" is used to differentiate it as a full
care nursing home, not assisted living, senior housing, or a re-hab center.

Highest acuity level in the industry... Nursing facilities offer the highest
intensity level of long term care and are characterized primarily by the
need for 24-hour nursing care. Few persons enter a nursing facility as a
matter of choice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 26, 10:41*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 06:50:06 +0000, chrisdenwoy wrote:
> > Life at Central Baptist Village offers a continuum of care and
> > accommodations complete with many amenities, services, activities,
> > conveniences and a lifestyle of warmth, faith, friendship and family.

> what about pussy?

I think the typical resident would settle for a date willing to take
out her dentures, if you know what I'm getting at.