Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Store-bought pudding

I bought some chocolate pudding at the supermarket today. It tasted pretty
good.

But then I mixed some sugar with some cocoa, and then mixed them into the
pudding together. (Sugar helps the cocoa to mix easier). It tasted *so* much
better.

It got me thinking that these pudding companies probably put the minimum
amount of sugar and cocoa in their pudding that they need to be competitive.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 20, 11:31*am, "Christopher M." >
wrote:
> I bought some chocolate pudding at the supermarket today. It tasted pretty
> good.
>
> But then I mixed some sugar with some cocoa, and then mixed them into the
> pudding together. (Sugar helps the cocoa to mix easier). It tasted *so* much
> better.
>
> It got me thinking that these pudding companies probably put the minimum
> amount of sugar and cocoa in their pudding that they need to be competitive.
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

You're just all over the place!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 14:31:13 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

> I bought some chocolate pudding at the supermarket today. It tasted pretty
> good.
>
> But then I mixed some sugar with some cocoa, and then mixed them into the
> pudding together. (Sugar helps the cocoa to mix easier). It tasted *so* much
> better.
>
> It got me thinking that these pudding companies probably put the minimum
> amount of sugar and cocoa in their pudding that they need to be competitive.

Is there a reason you don't make your own from scratch? It's easy and
you control the quality of the ingredients.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 20, 2:47*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 14:31:13 -0400, "Christopher M."
>
> > wrote:
> > I bought some chocolate pudding at the supermarket today. It tasted pretty
> > good.

> > But then I mixed some sugar with some cocoa, and then mixed them into the
> > pudding together. (Sugar helps the cocoa to mix easier). It tasted *so* much
> > better.

> > It got me thinking that these pudding companies probably put the minimum
> > amount of sugar and cocoa in their pudding that they need to be competitive.

> Is there a reason you don't make your own from scratch? *It's easy and
> you control the quality of the ingredients.
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

AND... the texture and taste will be superior. Not to mention saving
a few dimes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 20/09/2011 2:31 PM, Christopher M. wrote:
> I bought some chocolate pudding at the supermarket today. It tasted pretty
> good.
>
> But then I mixed some sugar with some cocoa, and then mixed them into the
> pudding together. (Sugar helps the cocoa to mix easier). It tasted *so* much
> better.
>
> It got me thinking that these pudding companies probably put the minimum
> amount of sugar and cocoa in their pudding that they need to be competitive.

I always found the chocolate in pudding mixes to be pretty bad. Pudding
is pretty easy and you don't save much work by making vanilla,
butterscotch or chocolate pudding. The basics of making a pudding are
pretty simple. Blend sugar and corn starch, add milk and egg, bring to a
boil, stir for a minute, add some butter and stir it in. It is pretty
much the same as making it from a mix, except you aren't paying a lot of
money for a small amount of corn starch and sugar. The flavourings you
add yourself are bound to be better than the artificial commercial flavours.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 20, 1:31*pm, "Christopher M." > wrote:
> I bought some chocolate pudding at the supermarket today. It tasted pretty
> good.
>
> But then I mixed some sugar with some cocoa, and then mixed them into the
> pudding together. (Sugar helps the cocoa to mix easier). It tasted *so* much
> better.
>
> It got me thinking that these pudding companies probably put the minimum
> amount of sugar and cocoa in their pudding that they need to be competitive.
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Nobody needs more sugar in their diets. ;-) I love the Swiss Miss
triple chocolate refrigerated pudding.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
> On Sep 20, 1:31 pm, "Christopher M." > wrote:
>> I bought some chocolate pudding at the supermarket today. It tasted
>> pretty good.
>>
>> But then I mixed some sugar with some cocoa, and then mixed them
>> into the pudding together. (Sugar helps the cocoa to mix easier). It
>> tasted *so* much better.
>>
>> It got me thinking that these pudding companies probably put the
>> minimum amount of sugar and cocoa in their pudding that they need to
>> be competitive.
>>
>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> Nobody needs more sugar in their diets. ;-) I love the Swiss Miss
> triple chocolate refrigerated pudding.

I don't have a sweet tooth either. I just used the sugar with the cocoa
because it made it mix easier.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pinstripe Sniper" > wrote in message
> Dave Smith > wrote:
>
>> The flavourings you
>>add yourself are bound to be better than the artificial commercial
>>flavours.

> How about adding some Nutella! (which is what I have been going nuts
> over lately)

That might be difficult to mix into pudding. I could mix it into some milk
first.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:25:36 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

> "Pinstripe Sniper" > wrote in message
> > Dave Smith > wrote:
> >
> >> The flavourings you
> >>add yourself are bound to be better than the artificial commercial
> >>flavours.

> > How about adding some Nutella! (which is what I have been going nuts
> > over lately)

> That might be difficult to mix into pudding. I could mix it into some milk
> first.

It could be a Nutella swirl pudding.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2011 2:31 PM, Christopher M. wrote:
> I bought some chocolate pudding at the supermarket today. It tasted pretty
> good.
>
> But then I mixed some sugar with some cocoa, and then mixed them into the
> pudding together. (Sugar helps the cocoa to mix easier). It tasted*so* much
> better.
>
> It got me thinking that these pudding companies probably put the minimum
> amount of sugar and cocoa in their pudding that they need to be competitive.

What do you mean by "minimum"?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2011 4:39 PM, Pinstripe Sniper wrote:
> Dave > wrote:
>
>> The flavourings you
>> add yourself are bound to be better than the artificial commercial flavours.

> How about adding some Nutella! (which is what I have been going nuts
> over lately)

You should try the nutella baked in puff pastry that I recently posted
about. Good stuff.