Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default White Castle Law Suit

On Sep 12, 2:02*pm, (Pinstripe Sniper) wrote:
> Seems a larger than normal NYC stockbroker is suing White Castle
> because he cannot fit into a booth.
>
> http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2119...an-sues-white-...
>
> It also seems White Castle sent him coupons for free food in reply to
> his pre-suit complaints. *LOL!
>
> I wonder if certain NYC / high cost urban locations have snugger
> booths / seating?

White Castle should claim that they're doing a public service: if you
can't squeeze into a booth, you shouldn't be buying burgers, and if
you can barely squeeze in, the tight booth limits the amount you can
eat.

Many years ago, when Schrafft's Restaurants were semi-upscale, they
tacked a $.10 bread charge onto every check, with no mention of that
on the menu, even if you didn't ask for bread. One man complained at
the register, but had to pay in the end. Then he wrote the company a
letter pointing out that this was probably illegal and certainly
injurious to their reputation. The next day, he sent an invoice on
letterhead for legal advice in the amount of $50. The quick response
from Schrafft's legal department was that they had not asked for any
advice. He responded that he had not asked for any bread. Our hero
lawyer got his dime back and the practice was stopped.

Jerry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jerry Avins wrote:
> On Sep 12, 2:02 pm, (Pinstripe Sniper) wrote:
>> Seems a larger than normal NYC stockbroker is suing White Castle
>> because he cannot fit into a booth.
>>
>> http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2119...an-sues-white-...
>>
>> It also seems White Castle sent him coupons for free food in reply to
>> his pre-suit complaints. LOL!
>>
>> I wonder if certain NYC / high cost urban locations have snugger
>> booths / seating?

> White Castle should claim that they're doing a public service: if you
> can't squeeze into a booth, you shouldn't be buying burgers, and if
> you can barely squeeze in, the tight booth limits the amount you can
> eat.
>
> Many years ago, when Schrafft's Restaurants were semi-upscale, they
> tacked a $.10 bread charge onto every check, with no mention of that
> on the menu, even if you didn't ask for bread. One man complained at
> the register, but had to pay in the end. Then he wrote the company a
> letter pointing out that this was probably illegal and certainly
> injurious to their reputation. The next day, he sent an invoice on
> letterhead for legal advice in the amount of $50. The quick response
> from Schrafft's legal department was that they had not asked for any
> advice. He responded that he had not asked for any bread. Our hero
> lawyer got his dime back and the practice was stopped.

That's great!

Posted to rec.food.cooking