Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Boneless Troll Ribs

On Jun 26, 7:44*pm, "cshenk" > wrote:

> For every shopper, there are habits that work for them. *What you are
> doing is noticing strongly the few 'bad' checkout line behaviors of a
> small segment.

> There are in general 2 types of shoppers. *Those with a list who zip in
> and out for their set items, often unaware of anything else in the
> store, and the 'know i need these 6-7 items and lets see what else
> looks good' shoppers. *Coupon shoppers come in both sets, but more
> often the later. *Organized ones will shuffle coupons as they shop and
> put the ones that match something they bought in an accessable spot
> (front basket for me).

> LOL! *It's a sort of wallet with sorted pockets. *My old one had 15, 3
> of which were 'write your own label'. *'Cleaning products',
> beauty/hygene (soaps, shampoos etc), vegetables (canned or frozen
> stuff), grains/pasta, and so on. *Some coupons never expire, many are
> good for a year.

> Mostly I'm checking salt content in our case. *Don has to have a
> somewhat salt reduced diet. *You'd probably get frustrated watching me
> check 7-8 differnt cans of tomatoes to find one that suited me best.

I wouldn't watch you, I'd be racing around the store following
list which begins after entering the store and making a left into the
produce section and moving clockwise around the perimeter of the store
while ducking occasionally into an appropriate aisle in route. As I
result your canned tomato cost-saving routine would go unnoticed by
me. Unless you're 4 feet wide and take up the whole aisle. Or a
bunch of kids. Or a parked cart. Almost on purpose, as if to say
"hey, this is my aisle, and if you want to pass, you're going to have
to ask." -- Again, I'm not against coupons. You sound a bit
defensive there as if I've put coupons down. And yes, even if they
mean well, I have seen the coupon users create trouble they can always
say was not their fault, such as the register person challenging a
coupon and the manager having to be called over. I think maybe I do
possibly over-estimate the number of inconsiderate coupon users, but I
also think that maybe you even more so under-estimate it. If you are
not one of them, no need to defend the others. I am a great cab
driver. When someone says cabbies suck, instead of defending them, I
say, "You're probably right, about most of them, but not about me."

Take each individual ingredient and keep tossing them in till they
become generalized, then stir, gently.
TJ

TJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tommy Joe wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> I wouldn't watch you, I'd be racing around the store following
> list which begins after entering the store and making a left into the
> produce section and moving clockwise around the perimeter of the store
> while ducking occasionally into an appropriate aisle in route. As I
> result your canned tomato cost-saving routine would go unnoticed by
> me. Unless you're 4 feet wide and take up the whole aisle.

LOL, we'd not note one another then. I think if my hair was sopping wet
I might hit 127? I have long hair and a buddy who's at work is setting
goals. He 'wants to lose one of me' so we put me on a scale and it was
124.7. Not perfect for my height but Doc says to keep it there due to
back issues (spine problems). Perfect for my height if I were younger
would be about 110.

> "hey, this is my aisle, and if you want to pass, you're going to have
> to ask." -- Again, I'm not against coupons. You sound a bit
> defensive there as if I've put coupons down. And yes, even if they

Naw, you just came out as if all coupon users were 'bad people who slow
you down'. You'll see the same crop up at times from folks who object
to check users.