Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sally's Zucchini & Summer Squash

Sally's Zucchini & Summer Squash
Categories: Vegetable. Dixie, Southern, Side dish
Yield; 6 servings

3 ea Zucchini squash
3 ea Summer squash
1/3 c Onion chopped
1/4 C Olive Oil
1 ts Bacon grease
Salt & pepper to taste

Wash then slice squashes into 1/4" thick slices.
Add olive oil & bacon grease into a large cast iron skillet.
Add vegetables then season with salt & pepper.
Saute over med-heat while turning often to coat ell as well as to keep
them from sticking.
Continue cooking until done but still firm.

ORIGIN: Sally Tolliver, Ocala-FL, circa 2009
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 May 2011 06:51:22 -0700 (PDT), kozzak >
wrote:

> Sally's Zucchini & Summer Squash
> Categories: Vegetable. Dixie, Southern, Side dish
> Yield; 6 servings
>
> 3 ea Zucchini squash
> 3 ea Summer squash
> 1/3 c Onion chopped
> 1/4 C Olive Oil
> 1 ts Bacon grease
> Salt & pepper to taste
>
> Wash then slice squashes into 1/4" thick slices.
> Add olive oil & bacon grease into a large cast iron skillet.
> Add vegetables then season with salt & pepper.
> Saute over med-heat while turning often to coat ell as well as to keep
> them from sticking.
> Continue cooking until done but still firm.
>
> ORIGIN: Sally Tolliver, Ocala-FL, circa 2009

Looks good, thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/29/2011 8:51 AM, kozzak wrote:
> Sally's Zucchini& Summer Squash
> Categories: Vegetable. Dixie, Southern, Side dish
> Yield; 6 servings
>
> 3 ea Zucchini squash
> 3 ea Summer squash
> 1/3 c Onion chopped
> 1/4 C Olive Oil
> 1 ts Bacon grease
> Salt& pepper to taste
>
> Wash then slice squashes into 1/4" thick slices.
> Add olive oil& bacon grease into a large cast iron skillet.
> Add vegetables then season with salt& pepper.
> Saute over med-heat while turning often to coat ell as well as to keep
> them from sticking.
> Continue cooking until done but still firm.
>
> ORIGIN: Sally Tolliver, Ocala-FL, circa 2009

In my kitchen cutting up a few veggies and sauteeing them never
required a recipe.

Just a thought

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 May 2011 11:36:22 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

> In my kitchen cutting up a few veggies and sauteeing them never
> required a recipe.

Actually, sauteing them rarely occurs to me and bacon grease, never
occurs... so there ya go.

PS: Have you done that Russian trip yet?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On May 29, 6:51*am, kozzak > wrote:
> Sally's Zucchini & Summer Squash
> Categories: Vegetable. Dixie, Southern, Side dish
> Yield; 6 servings
>
> 3 ea Zucchini squash
> 3 ea Summer squash
> 1/3 c *Onion chopped
> 1/4 C *Olive Oil
> 1 ts Bacon grease
> Salt & pepper to taste
>
> Wash then slice squashes into 1/4" thick slices.
> Add olive oil & bacon grease into a large cast iron skillet.
> Add vegetables then season with salt & pepper.
> Saute over med-heat while turning often to coat ell as well as to keep
> them from sticking.
> Continue cooking until done but still firm.
>
> ORIGIN: Sally Tolliver, Ocala-FL, circa 2009

This is my most favorite summer squash recipe. It's not too heavy or
eggy or cheesy and the taste of the squash shines through.

http://hizzoners.com/recipes/vegetab...uash-casserole

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/29/2011 11:44 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 29 May 2011 11:36:22 -0500, Janet Wilder
> > wrote:
>
>> In my kitchen cutting up a few veggies and sauteeing them never
>> required a recipe.

> Actually, sauteing them rarely occurs to me and bacon grease, never
> occurs... so there ya go.
>
> PS: Have you done that Russian trip yet?

We leave in 3 weeks. Got the visas. Started to "think" about packing.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

i like everything about this except that i would do the green first as they
are a bit longer to cook than the yellows... and for me i would use either
all OO or all bacon grease, not a combo, Lee
"kozzak" > wrote in message
> Sally's Zucchini & Summer Squash
> Categories: Vegetable. Dixie, Southern, Side dish
> Yield; 6 servings
>
> 3 ea Zucchini squash
> 3 ea Summer squash
> 1/3 c Onion chopped
> 1/4 C Olive Oil
> 1 ts Bacon grease
> Salt & pepper to taste
>
> Wash then slice squashes into 1/4" thick slices.
> Add olive oil & bacon grease into a large cast iron skillet.
> Add vegetables then season with salt & pepper.
> Saute over med-heat while turning often to coat ell as well as to keep
> them from sticking.
> Continue cooking until done but still firm.
>
> ORIGIN: Sally Tolliver, Ocala-FL, circa 2009

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/29/2011 1:12 PM, ImStillMags wrote:

> This is my most favorite summer squash recipe. It's not too heavy or
> eggy or cheesy and the taste of the squash shines through.
>
> http://hizzoners.com/recipes/vegetab...uash-casserole

That looks delicious! Thanks!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leon Manfredi" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 May 2011 16:53:58 -0500, "Storrmmee"
> > wrote:
>
>>i like everything about this except that i would do the green first as
>>they
>>are a bit longer to cook than the yellows... and for me i would use either
>>all OO or all bacon grease, not a combo, Lee
>>"kozzak" > wrote in message
>>> Sally's Zucchini & Summer Squash
>>> Categories: Vegetable. Dixie, Southern, Side dish
>>> Yield; 6 servings
>>>
>>> 3 ea Zucchini squash
>>> 3 ea Summer squash
>>> 1/3 c Onion chopped
>>> 1/4 C Olive Oil
>>> 1 ts Bacon grease
>>> Salt & pepper to taste
>>>
>>> Wash then slice squashes into 1/4" thick slices.
>>> Add olive oil & bacon grease into a large cast iron skillet.
>>> Add vegetables then season with salt & pepper.
>>> Saute over med-heat while turning often to coat ell as well as to keep
>>> them from sticking.
>>> Continue cooking until done but still firm.
>>>
>>> ORIGIN: Sally Tolliver, Ocala-FL, circa 2009

> Maybe a slight splash of sugar.....
> Make breakfast with remains, tossing a few spoonfuls in with your,
> scrambled eggs..... Also makes a great cold leftover egg sandwich on
> I'tralian bread or even French.... stores well in a lunch bag too!!!
>
> JUST WHERE IN HELL DID ALL YOU DODO'S LEARN HOW TO EAT????

You ain't from roun here, are ya, boy??

Boli