Posted to alt.appalachian,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.environment,rec.food.cooking

Default Negro had 90lbs sheep meat in baggage.seized at Dulles Airport.

On May 24, 6:53*pm, walt tonne > wrote:
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...arly-90-pounds...
>
> The American Eagle, the only bird that fouls it's own nest.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 24, 3:56*pm, walt tonne > wrote:
> On May 24, 6:53*pm, walt tonne > wrote:
>
> >http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...arly-90-pounds...

> > The American Eagle, the only bird that fouls it's own nest.

I used to bring rotten grape juice back by the gallon. What's so weird
about cooked meat?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 25, 6:11*pm, Krypsis > wrote:

> One of the few television programs that I spare the time to watch these
> days.
>
> Krypsis

*****Apart from the Simpsons and Playschool.

*GRIN*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-05-25, James Silverton > wrote:

> It certainly is a troll and the use of the irrelevant "negro" makes that
> clear.

So the term "negro" is now racist? Who knew!? Or are you jes one of
those white apologists who is so guilt-ridden as to be unable to
outdistance any perceived ethnic impropriety, either real or imagined,
fast enough? You best notify the United Negro College Fund.
Apparently, they're still out of the PC loop.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/25/2011 8:49 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2011-05-25, James > wrote:
>
>> It certainly is a troll and the use of the irrelevant "negro" makes that
>> clear.

> So the term "negro" is now racist? Who knew!? Or are you jes one of
> those white apologists who is so guilt-ridden as to be unable to
> outdistance any perceived ethnic impropriety, either real or imagined,
> fast enough? You best notify the United Negro College Fund.
> Apparently, they're still out of the PC loop.

Don't be an idiot. The word "negro" is not pejorative in my opinion and
I did not say so. The word I used was "irrelevant" and "Indian",
"Chinese" or any other such word would be too.
--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm *not*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-05-25, James Silverton > wrote:
> On 5/25/2011 8:49 AM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2011-05-25, James > wrote:
>>
>>> It certainly is a troll and the use of the irrelevant "negro" makes that
>>> clear.

>> So the term "negro" is now racist? Who knew!? Or are you jes one of
>> those white apologists who is so guilt-ridden as to be unable to
>> outdistance any perceived ethnic impropriety, either real or imagined,
>> fast enough? You best notify the United Negro College Fund.
>> Apparently, they're still out of the PC loop.

> Don't be an idiot.

Hey! I certainly can be an idiot if I want to. 8|

I misconstrued your use of the term irrelevant. Still, your "opinion"
the OP is a troll is as valid as his opinion that "negro" is relevant.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 25/05/2011 8:49 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2011-05-25, James > wrote:
>
>> It certainly is a troll and the use of the irrelevant "negro" makes that
>> clear.

> So the term "negro" is now racist? Who knew!? Or are you jes one of
> those white apologists who is so guilt-ridden as to be unable to
> outdistance any perceived ethnic impropriety, either real or imagined,
> fast enough? You best notify the United Negro College Fund.
> Apparently, they're still out of the PC loop.

I would think that the offensive part of it is that someone started a
thread with a reference to the race of the person. I didn't bother with
the posts when I saw the headers, and it was no surprise that something
so stupid was cross posted to numerous groups. Even less of a surprise
is that it was from a gmail address.

I imagine that everyone else is seeing the same increase in spam that I
have noticed lately. They have altered the subject lines enough to slide
past my filters, which catch most of the common items they are pitching.
It's time to FL gmail again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-05-25, Dave Smith > wrote:

> thread with a reference to the race of the person. I didn't bother with

Neither did I, not having seen the OP since I kill everything over 2
crossposts. You jes know it's gonna be garbage.

It's early, here. Not enough coffee. Even us curmudgeons are not
above occasionally making fools of ourselves.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 May 2011 09:03:31 -0400, James Silverton
> wrote:

>On 5/25/2011 8:49 AM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2011-05-25, James > wrote:
>>
>>> It certainly is a troll and the use of the irrelevant "negro" makes that
>>> clear.

>> So the term "negro" is now racist? Who knew!? Or are you jes one of
>> those white apologists who is so guilt-ridden as to be unable to
>> outdistance any perceived ethnic impropriety, either real or imagined,
>> fast enough? You best notify the United Negro College Fund.
>> Apparently, they're still out of the PC loop.
>>

>Don't be an idiot. The word "negro" is not pejorative in my opinion and
>I did not say so. The word I used was "irrelevant" and "Indian",
>"Chinese" or any other such word would be too.

Chinese or Indian would be a declaration of his nationality, not his
race. There are many races in both countries. Negro would be a
reference to his race and as you said, it has nothing to do with
anything concerning the subject matter of the report.

It's possible that the country could be of significance.

On a lot of people, you don't have to scratch very far under the
surface to find racism. It's alive and well in most societies still.

notbob, when "Negro" is used in the context it was, yes, it's racist.
Denying it doesn't lessen or alter it's intent.

Calling someone out as a "White Apologist" is kind of extreme. Had the
person said that to me, my very first question to him would be "What
does his being a Negro have anything to do with it?". I've always
found it easy to bait racists into anger where they speak their
vulgarity clearly. It always makes me feel good to draw one out so
that those around will see the real person.

Odds are that the guy was a racist. I doubt very much that he wasn't.

It's different when someone wants to identify a person within a group.
Two white men and a black man standing together, it's not racist to
say "You see the black man over there?". But using it as he did had no
point other than declaring his race in a negative manner.

I would say that you are a Racist Apologist by saying what you have.

Posted to alt.appalachian,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.environment,rec.food.cooking

On May 24, 6:56*pm, walt tonne > wrote:
> On May 24, 6:53*pm, walt tonne > wrote:
>

> >http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...arly-90-pounds...

> > The American Eagle, the only bird that fouls it's own nest.- Hide quoted text -

"Oh, for some mint jelly!" she exclaimed.

Baggage Joseph Coulter[_10_] Wine 1 14-08-2013 11:57 PM
Can Kraft Easy Cheese Be Packed In Checked Baggage? Flying Higher General Cooking 14 10-04-2008 04:11 AM
(2007-11-23) 200th survey on the RFC site: Excess baggage? ChattyCathy General Cooking 61 26-11-2007 10:29 AM
Crab Meat Seized Dee Randall General Cooking 1 08-04-2006 05:25 PM
Happy Sheep Shepherds Pie (no meat) Benji Thorn General Cooking 3 21-02-2005 05:19 AM