Old 23-11-2007, 06:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2007-11-23) 200th survey on the RFC site: Excess baggage?

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now (or not)

Inspired by:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11..._compensation/
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Old 23-11-2007, 07:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now (or not)

Inspired by:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11..._compensation/

I'm first... yippeee... I get another hat!

So, are you going to charge me extra, I have an extra large head (8
1/2)... actually I have two extra large heads! heheh

Sheldon
Old 23-11-2007, 07:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

I'm first... yippeee... I get another hat!

So, are you going to charge me extra, I have an extra large head (8
1/2)... actually I have two extra large heads! heheh

You can have two (hats that is) free of charge

Old 23-11-2007, 07:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon said...

ChattyCathy wrote:
http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now (or not)

Inspired by:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11..._compensation/

I'm first... yippeee... I get another hat!

So, are you going to charge me extra, I have an extra large head (8
1/2)... actually I have two extra large heads! heheh

Sheldon

Extra large heads and tons of air in both.

In your headcase, just wear one on one head. Let your other grasp reality
for awhile.

Andy

Old 23-11-2007, 07:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 23, 2:06�pm, ChattyCathy wrote:
Sheldon wrote:

I'm first... yippeee... I get another hat!

So, are you going to charge me extra, I have an extra large head (8
1/2)... actually I have two extra large heads! heheh

You can have two (hats that is) free of charge

Oh, goody.... which should I pick... I think the girls would be more
attracted to me with that propeller on my head... and what do you
think of that French tiara, do you think that would tickle your
fancy?

Sheldon
Old 23-11-2007, 07:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon said...

On Nov 23, 2:07�pm, Andy q wrote:
Sheldon said...

ChattyCathy wrote:
http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now (or not)

Inspired by:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11..._compensation/

I'm first... yippeee... I get another hat!

So, are you going to charge me extra, I have an extra large head (8
1/2)... actually I have two extra large heads! heheh

Sheldon

Extra large heads and tons of air in both.

In your headcase, just wear one on one head. Let your other grasp

reality
for awhile.

Andy Sore Head

OH, ONLY SHELDON CAN HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR!!!

Geez, if I'd known sooner.

Andy

Old 23-11-2007, 08:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now (or not)

Inspired by:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11..._compensation/

I don't know about paying extra. I felt bad for a man who sat next to me on
a flight last year. The seatbelt wouldn't fit over his girth. He had to
have the flight attendant bring him an "extension".

Old 23-11-2007, 09:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now (or not)

If an overweight person is large enough to occupy 1 1/2 seats, leaving
me with the "leftover" half, I would be most irate. This has never
happened to me but my husband, who flies often, has often had to "share"
his seat with a biggie, sometimes one on either side.

Flight attendants are usually sympathetic and will reseat him if (and
that's an iffy "IF") there are any spare seats.

I'd like to see all the large people seated together, forced to get
three huge people into a normal sized row. After a few flights like
that they might be more inclined to buy two seats or fly first class....

gloria p
Old 23-11-2007, 09:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester said...

ChattyCathy wrote:
http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now (or not)

If an overweight person is large enough to occupy 1 1/2 seats, leaving
me with the "leftover" half, I would be most irate. This has never
happened to me but my husband, who flies often, has often had to "share"
his seat with a biggie, sometimes one on either side.

Flight attendants are usually sympathetic and will reseat him if (and
that's an iffy "IF") there are any spare seats.

I'd like to see all the large people seated together, forced to get
three huge people into a normal sized row. After a few flights like
that they might be more inclined to buy two seats or fly first class....

gloria p

Has nobody notice that they've narrowed up the seats to fit more people?

The funniest time was when a heavy woman across my aisle complained about
the food service. She was very agitated.

I tapped her arm and looked her square in the eye and said "think of the
people in luggage!"

She broke out laughing and settled down.

Andy

Old 23-11-2007, 09:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester wrote:

If an overweight person is large enough to occupy 1 1/2 seats, leaving
me with the "leftover" half, I would be most irate.

Irate at who -- the airline, or the larger than average individual?

Steve
Old 23-11-2007, 09:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

l, not -l wrote:

I told the stewardess that the seating arrangement was not
acceptable for the 4 hour STL to SFO. The stewardesses reply
was that there were no other seats available, though I could
see one empty seat in 1st class. I mentioned the 1st Class seat
and the stewardess said she would take it up with the captain;
a couple of minutes later she came back and told the lady she
could move to 1st Class. I was major PO'ed and suggested that,
as a Gold frequent flyer perhaps the 1st Class upgrade should
be given to me - boy, the over-large lady went ballistic when
they did decide that it would be better to put me upfront.

You'll notice this is an airline that is no longer in business.

Telling someone they can move to first class, then reneging,
is a no-no (even if it was the wrong decision).

Steve
Old 23-11-2007, 09:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester wrote:
ChattyCathy wrote:
http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now (or not)

If an overweight person is large enough to occupy 1 1/2 seats, leaving
me with the "leftover" half, I would be most irate. �This has never
happened to me but my husband, who flies often, has often had to "share"
his seat with a biggie, sometimes one on either side.

Flight attendants are usually sympathetic and will reseat him if (and
that's an iffy "IF") there are any spare seats.

I'd like to see all the large people seated together, forced to get
three huge people into a normal sized row. �After a few flights like
that they might be more inclined to buy two seats or fly first class....

But then they'd need to be careful to balance the load port/starboard
lest the plane list... personally I think those large economy sized
passengers, those who require a seat belt extention, should pay double
and get two seats, or have the option to fly first class (if they
fit), or get on a scale to calculate cost and travel in baggage. And
why not, if someone takes up more than one seat then they need to pay
for the second seat... either that or the airlines fly special planes
with all oversized seats and charge fares accordingly. When I go to
the post office and they don't weigh my package then the obese can fly
for the same 41cent stamp as regular mail.
Old 23-11-2007, 10:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 15:24:46 -0600, Andy q wrote:

Has nobody notice that they've narrowed up the seats to fit more people?

I certainly have! It was uncomfortable before, now it's torture. I
usually ask for an isle seat so I don't feel so claustrophobic.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Old 23-11-2007, 11:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester wrote:

If an overweight person is large enough to occupy 1 1/2 seats, leaving
me with the "leftover" half, I would be most irate. This has never
happened to me but my husband, who flies often, has often had to "share"
his seat with a biggie, sometimes one on either side.

Flight attendants are usually sympathetic and will reseat him if (and
that's an iffy "IF") there are any spare seats.

I'd like to see all the large people seated together, forced to get
three huge people into a normal sized row. After a few flights like
that they might be more inclined to buy two seats or fly first class....

This topic has passed through some of the travel groups several times and
there are a lot of people there who just have a bad attitude about fat and
consider anyone over some arbitrary number to be obese.

I am a big guy. I don't have any trouble getting into the seats, but my
shoulders are going to be sticking out. The biggest problem is that the
seats are just too damned small and have no leg room. Some airlines have
roomier seats than others. The first time I went to Europe was with Air
Transat and it was like 8 hours in a sardine can. The next time we crossed
the Atlantic I paid a lot extra to fly KLM and found the seating just as
cramped. The last time, I went with Air Canada and the seats were fine.
When I flew Continental to Colorado, in two legs, seating was fine on both
planes.
Some airlines, with very cheap rates, upgrade to roomier seats for a small
surcharge.

The whiners also complain about the extra weight and the fuel it takes.
That doesn't make a lot of sense when you consider that some routes take
people way out of their way. When I was looking for a flight from her to
Colorado, a lot of the options involved back tracking to NYC or even
Atlanta. On a recent trip from Buffalo to SC, my brother had to make a
connection in Chicago. I doubt that a few extra pounds makes up for flying
hundreds of miles out of the way.