Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Dry Rubbed Espresso Chili Slow Cooker Ribs

Found this recipe on a Paleo website. Looks really really yummy and
very very easy. Think I have to try it.

Dry-Rubbed Espresso Chili Slow Cooker Ribs
Fall-off-the-bone tender, juicy ribs packed with a spicy, savory
flavor that lingers in the mushroom and caramelized onion side you can
pile up on your favorite burger or chicken breast long after the ribs
have been devoured.
Prep Time: 10min or less
Cooking Time: 8 fuss-free hours on Low in the slow cooker

Ingredients:

* full slab of pork ribs (I am sure beef would work fine too, but
make sure you can cram them in your slow cooker)
* onions (I used 1.5 reds and 1 huge white one)
* mushrooms (I used two pre-sliced packages--the more, the
merrier)
* the spices*:
o 1T ground espresso
o 1T basil
o 1T chili powder
o 1T garlic powder
o 1/2 T kosher salt
o 1/2 T / 15 grinds or so of black pepper

*NOTE: any of these spices can be mixed and matched with any of your
favorites--try whatever you like best!

Method:

This is so easy, it's hardly a recipe:

Food process your mushrooms and onions into slices (or slice by hand
or buy pre-sliced) and add all of the onions and half of the mushrooms
to the slow cooker pot. Combine the spices and rub them all over both
sides and into every nook and cranny of the ribs. Add ribs on top of
the bed of mushrooms and onions. Add the remaining mushrooms on top of
the ribs. Lid, set to Low, and forget-about-it for 8hrs. Come home
or wake up to a house that smells almost as delicious as your meal
will be! The ribs should be fall-off-the-bone tender. Serve them
with the mushrooms and onions, if desired, or save those for kicking
your chicken breast or burgers up to a whole 'nother level.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-05-08, ImStillMags > wrote:

> o 1T ground espresso

What the Hell is ground espresso?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On May 8, 12:01*pm, notbob > wrote:
> On 2011-05-08, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > * * * * * o 1T ground espresso

> What the Hell is ground espresso?
>
> nb

I think the author meant espresso powder.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sitara wrote:

> Ingredients:
>
> * full slab of pork ribs (I am sure beef would work fine too, but
> make sure you can cram them in your slow cooker)
> * onions (I used 1.5 reds and 1 huge white one)
> * mushrooms (I used two pre-sliced packages--the more, the
> merrier)
> * the spices*:
> o 1T ground espresso
> o 1T basil
> o 1T chili powder
> o 1T garlic powder
> o 1/2 T kosher salt
> o 1/2 T / 15 grinds or so of black pepper
>
> *NOTE: any of these spices can be mixed and matched with any of your
> favorites--try whatever you like best!
>
> Method:
>
> This is so easy, it's hardly a recipe:
>
> Food process your mushrooms and onions into slices (or slice by hand
> or buy pre-sliced) and add all of the onions and half of the mushrooms
> to the slow cooker pot. Combine the spices and rub them all over both
> sides and into every nook and cranny of the ribs. Add ribs on top of
> the bed of mushrooms and onions. Add the remaining mushrooms on top of
> the ribs. Lid, set to Low, and forget-about-it for 8hrs. Come home
> or wake up to a house that smells almost as delicious as your meal
> will be! The ribs should be fall-off-the-bone tender. Serve them
> with the mushrooms and onions, if desired, or save those for kicking
> your chicken breast or burgers up to a whole 'nother level.

Although I'm normally partial to pork ribs, I think this would work even
better with beef ribs, maybe even with beef short ribs (which would
definitely fit into the slow cooker).

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-05-17, Ranée at Arabian Knits > wrote:
> In article >,
> notbob > wrote:

>> What the Hell is ground espresso?

> Why do you have to be vulgar to ask a simple question? I've noticed
> this in a lot of the old timers here, this degeneration into anger or
> vulgarity. Are you just getting old and bitter?

Likewise, I could ask, who are YOU to pass judgement on ME!? Have you
been annointed by some diety or almighty ruling body I've not been
made aware of? Since I know you haven't, why don't you climb down off
yer pompuous pious pedestal and join the rest of us normal ppl in RFC.
Sheesh!

As for the word "Hell" being a vulgarity, I think not. It's a
specific place, a place with a formal name. As such it's capitalized.
I'd think that the name of a place well known by the Christion
religion, who's name is uttered every Sunday by thousands of clergy is
pretty far from a vulgarity.

And yes, I'm a bitter old man. I embrace it. I revel in it. Gotta
problem with that? As a crusty ol' curmudgeon, I get frustrated by
ppl who should know ...BY NOW!!... that espresso is a coffee drink
created by a very specific and difficult brewing process. Like
regular coffee, it is a drink, a liquid, a beverage served in a
beverage container. It is not a nut or a seed or an herb or a ground
form thereof. It is not an instant powder, a type of chocolate, a
type of candy, a confection or a new Lady Gaga video!!

Besides, I didn't pass judement on anyone or call them names or get
all bitchy and judgmental, I jes asked a facetious question. If that
is entirely TOO MUCH for your delicate sensitivities, I suggest you
killfile me immediately, lest I cause you to instantly burst into
flame and perish in the unholy whatever the Hell it is yer so afraid
of.

Have a nice day.

BTW, got a good recipe for tabouli and dolmas? I wanna make them
after I get hummus down pat.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On May 17, 4:16*pm, notbob > wrote:

> BTW, got a good recipe for tabouli and dolmas? *I wanna make them
> after I get hummus down pat. *
>
> nb *

I'm sure Pat will be most appreciatve ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-05-17, ImStillMags > wrote:

> I'm sure Pat will be most appreciatve ;-)

heh heh....

You actually stumped me for a bit with your reply. I was literally
scratching my head, thinking, "I thought her name was Ranee."

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-05-18, Dan Abel > wrote:

> Here's one:
>
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/sigs/Leila/Tabbouli.html

Ah! .....dear sweet Leila. I miss her, so. Thanks, Dan.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Ranée at Arabian Knits > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Dan Abel > wrote:
>
> > You must have missed it. Sorry about that. Ranée was duly elected head
> > honcho of the cabal (TINC) last week. Her wish is our command.

> I was elected in absentia?

You didn't know that? Whoever fails to show up to the election meeting
*always* gets elected. Nobody wants to be head honcho.

:-)

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA