Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Garbage disposal

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:59:46 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

> Cold water. It helps cool the motor, and it will solidify
> fats into small globules. Hot water enables the fats
> to get downstream in your sewerage and all solidify
> in a mass, which collects other particles and creates
> clogs.
>
> Info courtesy of Family Handyman magazine.

I learned that from a plumber the first week I moved into this house.
The kitchen sink stopped up as soon as the ink was dry on the paper
and the plumber said it was a build up of years of soap and grease in
the pipe that did it.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.