Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC - Chocolate Decadence Cake with Raspberry Sauce

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

<snip>

That would pretty much like Rose Levy Beranbaum's Chocolate Oblivion Truffle
Torte, except that she does not add sugar. Her recipe is superb.

Cornstarch in the raspberry sauce? Yuck! Again I would turn to Rose. Her
raspberry puree is fabulous, and makes a great sauce. She uses plain frozen
raspberries. The juice they produce when thawed is reduced, then combined
with the raspberry puree forced through a sieve and some sugar an lemon
juice. It has a wonderful tart, fresh raspberry flavor. I always have some
in my freezer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 07:39:32 -0400, "Janet" >
wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> That would pretty much like Rose Levy Beranbaum's Chocolate Oblivion Truffle
> Torte, except that she does not add sugar. Her recipe is superb.
>
> Cornstarch in the raspberry sauce? Yuck! Again I would turn to Rose. Her
> raspberry puree is fabulous, and makes a great sauce. She uses plain frozen
> raspberries. The juice they produce when thawed is reduced, then combined
> with the raspberry puree forced through a sieve and some sugar an lemon
> juice. It has a wonderful tart, fresh raspberry flavor. I always have some
> in my freezer.

Do you have an online link to it or some blog that's made this so I
can copy the recipe?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

arranged random neurons and said:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>That would pretty much like Rose Levy Beranbaum's Chocolate Oblivion Truffle
>Torte, except that she does not add sugar. Her recipe is superb.
>
>Cornstarch in the raspberry sauce? Yuck! Again I would turn to Rose. Her
>raspberry puree is fabulous, and makes a great sauce.

<snip>

This has been a standby for years:

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Raspberry Coulis (Sauce)

desserts, sauces

2 cups raspberries; fresh or frozen
1/4 cup Sugar
2 tablespoons Grand Marnier; or other orange liquer

Puree raspberries in food processor or blender. Strain into medium
bowl through fine sieve or cheesecloth to remove seeds. Stir in sugar
and Grand Marnier until well chilled, about 1 hour. (Can be prepared 3
days ahead; cover.)

Alternative with frozen raspberries and no liqueur:

1 (10-oz) package frozen raspberries in syrup
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
preparation

Purée raspberries with syrup, sugar, and lemon juice in a blender or
food processor. Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl,
pressing on solids.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 11:21:25 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:

>This has been a standby for years:
>
>@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
>Raspberry Coulis (Sauce)
>
>desserts, sauces
>
>2 cups raspberries; fresh or frozen
>1/4 cup Sugar
>2 tablespoons Grand Marnier; or other orange liquer
>
>Puree raspberries in food processor or blender. Strain into medium
>bowl through fine sieve or cheesecloth to remove seeds. Stir in sugar
>and Grand Marnier until well chilled, about 1 hour. (Can be prepared 3
>days ahead; cover.)
>
>Alternative with frozen raspberries and no liqueur:
>
>1 (10-oz) package frozen raspberries in syrup
>2 tablespoons sugar
>1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
>preparation
>
>Purée raspberries with syrup, sugar, and lemon juice in a blender or
>food processor. Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl,
>pressing on solids.
>
>Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

OMG, that sounds like heaven. Shortcake filled with whipped cream
topped vanilla bean ice cream, drizzled with your sauce...to kill for.

My Doctor will put you on his hit list for this....hehe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 17, 6:39*am, "Janet" > wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> That would pretty much like Rose Levy Beranbaum's Chocolate Oblivion Truffle
> Torte, except that she does not add sugar. Her recipe is superb.
>
> Cornstarch in the raspberry sauce? Yuck! Again I would turn to Rose. Her
> raspberry puree is fabulous, and makes a great sauce. She uses *plain frozen
> raspberries. The juice they produce when thawed is reduced, then combined
> with the raspberry puree forced through a sieve and some sugar an lemon
> juice. It has a wonderful tart, fresh raspberry flavor. I always have some
> in my freezer.

And to Rose I shall turn. Got her just to my left. (time elapse) Wait
a minute. She wants it to have a "moist, airy texture." The stuff
I've had has always been quite dense. Like a cross between chocolate
cake and fudge. Airy? I might just cry.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 14:25:15 -0400, Landon >
arranged random neurons and said:

>OMG, that sounds like heaven. Shortcake filled with whipped cream
>topped vanilla bean ice cream, drizzled with your sauce...to kill for.

I've used the same basic recipe with blackberries and chambord. The
raspberry flavor really works with the blackberries.

>My Doctor will put you on his hit list for this....hehe

Do what I do: lie

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"