MrFalafel

Default Chocolate Raspberry Hazelnut Cake

Chocolate Raspberry Hazelnut Cake - Amanda Grant

55g (2oz) hazelnuts
250g (9oz) self-raising flour
85g(3oz) cocoa powder
3 tsp baking powder
250g (9oz) golden caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
120ml (4floz) corn oil
360ml (12floz) soya milk
125g (4 1/2oz) frozen raspberries
golden icing sugar, for dusting

preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Preheat the grill to high. Spread the
hazelnuts on a baking tray and toast them under the grill, turning
frequently, for 5 minutes or until golden. Cool, then chop finely.
Grease a 20cm (8inch) cake tin and line the base with greaseproof
paper.

Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder into a bowl. Mix in
the sugar, then add the vanilla extract, oil and soya milk. Beat the
mixture with an electric whisk until it has the consistency of a thick
batter. Stir in the raspberries and hazelnuts. Pour into cake tin and
bake for 40 minutes until the outside of the cake is cooked and the
centre is still slightly squidgy. Cool on a wire rack. Alternatively,
serve the cake warm as a dessert. Either way, dust the top with ice
sugar before serving.
MSisto

Could someone please tell me if they made this cake and if it worked? When I
tried it, it was liquid inside :-/
Maz
MSisto

>Its supposed to be 'squidgy' inside but not liquid. Perhaps leave it
>in the oven for a bit longer?

Hmm, I tried it twice, and left it for longer but when I turned it out, it fell
through the cooling tray onto the floor haha so I havent tried again! I
wondered if there was a mistake in the quantities used, but if you have made it
successfully, perhaps it was just me!
Maz