Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT to all you haters

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:49:52 +0000 (UTC), Doug Freyburger
> wrote:

>Landon wrote:
>>
>> The stance on race is justified. An unreasoning hatred of skin color
>> is the basis of race hatred. Unreasoning hatred of skin coloring via
>> tattoos is no different. Judging people on the colors that have been
>> injected beneath their skin is unfair and prejudiced. Its similarity
>> to racism is right on target.

>Except that tatoos are a choice, genetics is not.

Racism is just as much a choice... what happened to the last leader of
a country who believed racism is genetic, now they wear pointy pillow
cases, maybe genetics does play a part, six toes and all. On the
other hand every time I hear the MF word from a black thug I visualize
him pokin' his momma and/or his daughter... probably genetic.. ya know
back in their home country it was very common for the matriachs and
patriachs to break in their young'ns, I've no doubt the ritual
continues.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:50:28 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

> Near as I can tell, green bean dishes must be a part of mid-west
> culture. I have to admit that I just don't get it. GBDs are a rare
> bird on this rock,

You have fresh long beans in the market, don't you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" wrote:

>how very sad you must bring religion into this.

You're the one who introduced religion with your afterlife post.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15/04/2011 6:37 PM, Landon wrote:
>> Dave Smith babbled some more bullshit and then:

> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 17:57:08 -0400, Brooklyn1<Gravesend1> wrote:
>> The argument isn't about preference/degrees of tattooing, it's about
>> "hating" all and every aspect relating to tattooing. "Hating" in of
>> itself, of anything, relates directly to bigotry in all its aspects
>> including racism... people who "hate" make no distinction, they "hate"
>> everything, they simply "HATE"... the most intensely violent word in
>> several languages, stems from intense fear/dread.

> Trying to talk sense to a bigoted idiot like Davey Boy is pointless
> man. He really doesn't have the tools to understand you.

Until you came along I had no thought it possible for someone to
demonstrate such a rapid increase in stupidity in such a short time. You
have yet to make an intelligent argument to suggest how hatred of
tattoos is the same as racism, relying solely on them both involving
colour(s).

> To him, everyone in the world has to like and dislike the same exact
> things. Cultures that favor tattoos and people who like them are alien
> to him. He has no concept of anyone being different then he is and
> anyone who dares to be is a freak to Davey.

How so? It is true that I am not a fan of tattoos. I was not the one who
said that I hate all tattoos. I have stated quite clearly that there is
a line where they go from benign to bizarre. I will grant you that there
are primitive cultures that used tattoos. There were some African tribes
where they used to knock out their lower teeth and cut their lower lips
in order to accommodate increasing larger discs. Even those tribes have
pretty well given up those practices, but we are not Maoris, Innuit or
Ubangis, so there is no reason to adopt their old cultural standards of
beauty.

> The best thing to do with people like him and Janet the Tattoo hater
> is to just ignore them and feel pity for their ignorance and bigotry.

Feel free to ignore, but I know how hard it is for you to keep your
stupid remarks to yourself.

> Just once, I'd love to meet a Dave that had his mind on. I just can't
> believe that they're all as stupid as this guy and ALL the other Daves
> I've met. Its the only name that I've discovered that this applies to.

I have never met a Landon before. I guess they must all be retarded.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" wrote:

>if one has determined that there is no afterlife.

There you go, REintroducing religion.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 15, 12:51*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:50:28 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>
> > wrote:
> > Near as I can tell, green bean dishes must be a part of mid-west
> > culture. I have to admit that I just don't get it. GBDs are a rare
> > bird on this rock,

> You have fresh long beans in the market, don't you?
>
> --
>
> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Near as I can tell, GB casserole is made from canned green beans but
I'm no expert on this. OTOH, I don't much care for green beans anyway.
I was intrigued that such a thing would be a favorite party dish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16/04/2011 9:01 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> "Storrmmee" wrote:
>>
>> if one has determined that there is no afterlife.

> There you go, REintroducing religion.

How does one "determine" that there is no afterlife? I've known a few
people who've died and been revived. When asked what they saw, the
typical answer is - nothing. I am a tad too scientific to just accept on
face value that there is an afterlife so what proofs are on offer?

Krypsis

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:45:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

> Near as I can tell, GB casserole is made from canned green beans but
> I'm no expert on this.

I use frozen green beans, but I like GB.

> OTOH, I don't much care for green beans anyway.

So you wouldn't eat long beans even if they were in the store?

> I was intrigued that such a thing would be a favorite party dish.

Oh, yes! My family *needs* it every Thanksgiving Day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Landon > wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:57:57 +1300, Miche > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Landon > wrote:
> >
> >> No kiddin though...every single "Dave" I've ever met is a weird,
> >> foolish, uneducated idiot. It really stretches the odds. I mean, how
> >> can this be? Its only a name! I'm talking about 20 so far.

> >Yeah, that's my educated, bright, straight-up husband you're talking
> >about there. I'll thank you to knock it the hell off.

> Sorry, maybe he can go by his middle name...hehe

Or maybe you can stop making stupid generalisatons about people.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alfie wrote:

> It's so weird...every time I "meet" another "Dave", he turns out to be
> a fool. How can that be? Each time, I think; "Surely this one will be
> different", and then "Dave" opens his mouth and acts just like the
> other "Daves" I've met. What a weird coincidence.
>
> It's like they all go to "Dave School" to become what they are.

Just substitute the word, "Italian" for "Dave" and... well, you know.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

>> OB: Cannot wait to try a new green bean dish for Easter dinner that I
>> dug out of the LA Times yesterday. Looks something like a cross
>> between a green bean tart and a green bean quiche. I'm always on the
>> lookout for new vegetable side dishes.

> Why you little *tart*! You didn't include a link to the recipe.

There's this new thing called a "Search" on the Internet now. I found this:

http://www.latimes.com/features/food...,4348423.story

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Krypsis > wrote in news:4da8de15$0$22468$afc38c87
@news.optusnet.com.au:

> On 16/04/2011 9:01 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> "Storrmmee" wrote:
>>>
>>> if one has determined that there is no afterlife.

>> There you go, REintroducing religion.

> How does one "determine" that there is no afterlife? I've known a few
> people who've died and been revived. When asked what they saw, the
> typical answer is - nothing. I am a tad too scientific to just accept on
> face value that there is an afterlife so what proofs are on offer?

To date, I have 'died' 4 times. Each time afterwards people would have bug
eyes and ask what I'd seen.

And each time was the same answer. Nothing.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrr, maybe it was the aliens that took me and injected me with
an amnesia drug so I wouldn't remember??

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:57:57 +1300, Miche > wrote:

>In article >,
> Landon > wrote:
>
>> No kiddin though...every single "Dave" I've ever met is a weird,
>> foolish, uneducated idiot. It really stretches the odds. I mean, how
>> can this be? Its only a name! I'm talking about 20 so far.

>Yeah, that's my educated, bright, straight-up husband you're talking
>about there. I'll thank you to knock it the hell off.
>
>Miche

Sorry, maybe he can go by his middle name...hehe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/15/2011 12:36 AM, Dan Abel wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:

>>> To be perfectly honest, I think the picture would be nicer without the
>>> tattoo and without the strategically placed hand.
>>> I have to wonder how those inked antlers start sagging and jiggling when
>>> she walks.
>>>
>>> When I see multiple tattoos I start thinking trailer park.

> It's only one tattoo, and it's her first.
>
>> I doubt those antlers are ever going to sag. The boobs are fake.

> That seems like a strange thing to say, although I have to admit that my
> experience is limited. Why do you think that?

I meant no disrespect to her. Implants are common and accepted by most
people. I just meant that are too perfect and round to be real. I could
be wrong, and probably am. But if they're real, they're spectacular.
And if they're not, they still are.

I really liked the tat. It must have taken hours to do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:00:20 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>Feel free to ignore, but I know how hard it is for you to keep your
>stupid remarks to yourself.

Actually, it's very easy to control what I see of your bullshit.

<PLONK>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 15, 2:15*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:45:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>
> > wrote:
> > Near as I can tell, GB casserole is made from canned green beans but
> > I'm no expert on this.

> I use frozen green beans, but I like GB.
>
> > OTOH, I don't much care for green beans anyway.

> So you wouldn't eat long beans even if they were in the store?
>
> > I was intrigued that such a thing would be a favorite party dish.

> Oh, yes! *My family *needs* it every Thanksgiving Day.

Are you saying that this is not a dish served at parties and funerals
and heck, even Thanksgiving on the mainland? If it ain't, then my
understanding of American food culture is out of whack. Please give me
the straight dope on this.

You're not insulted just because I don't care for green beans nor
understand the allure of green bean casserole, are you?.

> --
>
> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 20:14:19 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:10:19 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>>Do you really think it will make any difference to the likes of him?

>> <shrug> I dunno. Two people said they killfiled me last week so I
>> guess I'm not a saint either.

>lol take no notice Lou I welcome being told I am in a killfile because
>then, usually, I am not treated to the miserable buggers moaning about
>me))

That's a good attitude.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:06:07 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 15/04/2011 3:05 PM, Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>>> Do you really think it will make any difference to the likes of him?

>> <shrug> I dunno. Two people said they killfiled me last week so I
>> guess I'm not a saint either.
>>

>Let's just hope that they aren't stupid enough to announce that they are
>kill filing you and then respond to you again.

I'l only see it if someone responds.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Landon > wrote in news:37qhq6tiur6m9fgfda2n8te1ukei2dr0ln@
4ax.com:

> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:00:20 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>>Feel free to ignore, but I know how hard it is for you to keep your
>>stupid remarks to yourself.

> Actually, it's very easy to control what I see of your bullshit.
>
> <PLONK>

LOL!! I did that to Master Smith a looooong time ago.

Seems most posters coming out of Canadia are of a similar ilk.

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 17:25:36 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

> sf wrote:
>
> >> OB: Cannot wait to try a new green bean dish for Easter dinner that I
> >> dug out of the LA Times yesterday. Looks something like a cross
> >> between a green bean tart and a green bean quiche. I'm always on the
> >> lookout for new vegetable side dishes.

> > Why you little *tart*! You didn't include a link to the recipe.

> There's this new thing called a "Search" on the Internet now. I found this:
>
> http://www.latimes.com/features/food...,4348423.story

Thanks for doing it for her.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 18:00:08 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2:15*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:45:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> >
> > > wrote:
> > > Near as I can tell, GB casserole is made from canned green beans but
> > > I'm no expert on this.

> > I use frozen green beans, but I like GB.
> >
> > > OTOH, I don't much care for green beans anyway.

> > So you wouldn't eat long beans even if they were in the store?
> >
> > > I was intrigued that such a thing would be a favorite party dish.

> > Oh, yes! *My family *needs* it every Thanksgiving Day.

> Are you saying that this is not a dish served at parties and funerals
> and heck, even Thanksgiving on the mainland? If it ain't, then my
> understanding of American food culture is out of whack. Please give me
> the straight dope on this.

I can't speak for the entire USA, but in my circle of friends it's
pretty much limited to T'Day.

> You're not insulted just because I don't care for green beans nor
> understand the allure of green bean casserole, are you?.

It's a novel reason. Most people object to the canned soup, which can
easily be substituted out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 15, 7:07*pm, "I'm back." >
wrote:
> Landon > wrote in news:37qhq6tiur6m9fgfda2n8te1ukei2dr0ln@
> 4ax.com:
>
> > On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:00:20 -0400, Dave Smith
> > > wrote:

> >>Feel free to ignore, but I know how hard it is for you to keep your
> >>stupid remarks to yourself.

> > Actually, it's very easy to control what I see of your bullshit.

> > <PLONK>

> LOL!! I did that to Master Smith a looooong time ago.
>
> Seems most posters coming out of Canada are of a similar ilk.
>
> --
> Peter Lucas * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> Hobart
> Tasmania * *
>
> Nothing ever truly dies
> the Universe wastes nothing
> everything is simply... transformed

==
And you are a judgmental prick too...especially the "mental" part. Go
eat a dead maggoty "roo"...it might "sweeten" your personality a tad.
==

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/15/2011 7:00 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> Until you came along I had no thought it possible for someone to
> demonstrate such a rapid increase in stupidity in such a short time. You
> have yet to make an intelligent argument to suggest how hatred of
> tattoos is the same as racism, relying solely on them both involving
> colour(s).

I'll bet that after this is over, Landon will change his nym again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 13:18:29 +1300, Miche > wrote:

>In article >,
> Landon > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:57:57 +1300, Miche > wrote:

>> >Yeah, that's my educated, bright, straight-up husband you're talking
>> >about there. I'll thank you to knock it the hell off.

>> Sorry, maybe he can go by his middle name...hehe

>Or maybe you can stop making stupid generalisatons about people.
>
>Miche

Actually, I haven't. I haven't said a thing about *all* Daves. Just
the ones I've met.

Yes, every single one of the men named Dave that I've met were either
assholes or idiots. Remarkably, its be about 20 or so of them.

I haven't met your husband so I can't say a thing about him.

Unless Dave Smith is your husband. If so, then yes, he's an idiot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Miche > wrote in news:micheinnz-DDABC3.13182916042011
@dynamic-24-42-201-193.knology.net:

> In article >,
> Landon > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:57:57 +1300, Miche > wrote:

>> >Yeah, that's my educated, bright, straight-up husband you're talking
>> >about there. I'll thank you to knock it the hell off.

>> Sorry, maybe he can go by his middle name...hehe

> Or maybe you can stop making stupid generalisatons about people.

It may seem strange, but *every* Wendy I have ever met (8 of them) has
been a complete and utter nutjob!! You'd think they were all sisters!!

Now if I meet a female and she says her name's Wendy, I just say "Nice to
meet you, goodbye."

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 21:31:04 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 4/15/2011 7:00 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Until you came along I had no thought it possible for someone to
>> demonstrate such a rapid increase in stupidity in such a short time. You
>> have yet to make an intelligent argument to suggest how hatred of
>> tattoos is the same as racism, relying solely on them both involving
>> colour(s).

>I'll bet that after this is over, Landon will change his nym again.

Would you like to put some money on that?

I didn't change my name here. My name was initially "Alfie" on another
group. After rejoining this group, I dropped the name I used on the
other group and have used "Landon" since.

I belong to many forums. On each, I use a different "nym" as you put
it. You can't type "NAME"? What are you 12? That extra letter is just
too much for your pea sized brain to handle?

Do try to keep up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 15, 3:11*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 18:00:08 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>

> > wrote:
> > On Apr 15, 2:15 pm, sf > wrote:
> > > On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:45:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

> > > I use frozen green beans, but I like GB.

> > > So you wouldn't eat long beans even if they were in the store?

> > > Oh, yes! My family *needs* it every Thanksgiving Day.

> > Are you saying that this is not a dish served at parties and funerals
> > and heck, even Thanksgiving on the mainland? If it ain't, then my
> > understanding of American food culture is out of whack. Please give me
> > the straight dope on this.

> I can't speak for the entire USA, but in my circle of friends it's
> pretty much limited to T'Day.
>
> > You're not insulted just because I don't care for green beans nor
> > understand the allure of green bean casserole, are you?.

> It's a novel reason. *Most people object to the canned soup, which can
> easily be substituted out.

I'd prefer canned soup to green beans- don't get mad!

> --
>
> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 18:53:25 -0800, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>Landon wrote:
>>
>> I belong to many forums. On each, I use a different "nym" as you put
>> it. You can't type "NAME"? What are you 12? That extra letter is just
>> too much for your pea sized brain to handle?

>When tapping out a message on a smart phone, n, y, and m
>are all near the center of the keyboard. a and e require
>jumping over to the extreme left between center characters.
>HOP THI HLP.

thnk u mrk, tht ine it erfety

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson > wrote in :

> Landon wrote:
>>
>> I belong to many forums. On each, I use a different "nym" as you put
>> it. You can't type "NAME"? What are you 12? That extra letter is just
>> too much for your pea sized brain to handle?

> When tapping out a message on a smart phone, n, y, and m
> are all near the center of the keyboard. a and e require
> jumping over to the extreme left between center characters.
> HOP THI HLP.

"Jumping over"......... all of 1-2 inches.

Laziness to the extreme.

BTW, Y is in the center, N&M are on the extreme right down the bottom, and
A&E on the left.

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:45:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Apr 15, 12:51*pm, sf > wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:50:28 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>>
>> > wrote:
>> > Near as I can tell, green bean dishes must be a part of mid-west
>> > culture. I have to admit that I just don't get it. GBDs are a rare
>> > bird on this rock,

>> You have fresh long beans in the market, don't you?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

>Near as I can tell, GB casserole is made from canned green beans but
>I'm no expert on this. OTOH, I don't much care for green beans anyway.
>I was intrigued that such a thing would be a favorite party dish.

That casserole is something many of us grew up with. As a kid it was
belly filler and it was ok. I had it at a function a year or so ago
and it tasted just like I remember and it was horrible.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 15, 4:41*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
> > You're not insulted just because I don't care for green beans nor
> > understand the allure of green bean casserole, are you?.

> Probably not keen on funeral potatoes, either.

The trouble with this rock is that hardly anybody cooks potatoes. You
guys probably think potatoes are boring but I can't even get turkey
with mashed potatoes in most places. That's insane! Potatoes are one
of my favorite things but I can't cook it for beans - I think it's
something in my genes. I grew up cooking rice but potatoes is pretty
much virgin territory. Unfortunately, I've never had funeral potatoes
- that sure sounds tasty!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 15, 4:13*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:45:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>

> > wrote:
> >On Apr 15, 12:51*pm, sf > wrote:
> >> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:50:28 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

> >> You have fresh long beans in the market, don't you?

> >> --

> >> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

> >Near as I can tell, GB casserole is made from canned green beans but
> >I'm no expert on this. OTOH, I don't much care for green beans anyway.
> >I was intrigued that such a thing would be a favorite party dish.

> That casserole is something many of us grew up with. *As a kid it was
> belly filler and it was ok. *I had it at a function a year or so ago
> and it tasted just like I remember and it was horrible.
>
> Lou

It's a comfort food that's not all that comfortable. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> I meant no disrespect to her. Implants are common and accepted by most
> people. I just meant that are too perfect and round to be real. I could
> be wrong, and probably am. But if they're real, they're spectacular.
> And if they're not, they still are.

I use the term "hemispherical". I guess nobody
goes for implants to look normal, except for
reconstructive surgery. Nobody gets surgery to go
from an A to a C.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> You're not insulted just because I don't care for green beans nor
> understand the allure of green bean casserole, are you?.

Probably not keen on funeral potatoes, either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On 4/15/2011 7:00 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > Until you came along I had no thought it possible for someone to
> > demonstrate such a rapid increase in stupidity in such a short time. You
> > have yet to make an intelligent argument to suggest how hatred of
> > tattoos is the same as racism, relying solely on them both involving
> > colour(s).

> I'll bet that after this is over, Landon will change his nym again.

Who was he before?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Cheryl > wrote:

> On 4/15/2011 12:36 AM, Dan Abel wrote:
> > In >,
> > > wrote:

> > It's only one tattoo, and it's her first.
> >
> >> I doubt those antlers are ever going to sag. The boobs are fake.

> > That seems like a strange thing to say, although I have to admit that my
> > experience is limited. Why do you think that?
> >

> I meant no disrespect to her. Implants are common and accepted by most
> people. I just meant that are too perfect and round to be real. I could
> be wrong, and probably am. But if they're real, they're spectacular.
> And if they're not, they still are.

There were a number of pictures in the set on her FaceBook photo page.
I picked one of the final ones. In some of the other ones, her hand was
not providing the same support.

> I really liked the tat. It must have taken hours to do.

12 hours over 5 sessions. Her girlfriend is getting a similar tattoo,
much smaller and on her upper arm, a doe instead of a buck.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> Landon wrote:
> >
> > I belong to many forums. On each, I use a different "nym" as you put
> > it. You can't type "NAME"? What are you 12? That extra letter is just
> > too much for your pea sized brain to handle?

> When tapping out a message on a smart phone, n, y, and m
> are all near the center of the keyboard. a and e require
> jumping over to the extreme left between center characters.
> HOP THI HLP.

Why does that matter? It's a tiny keyboard and a touch typist can
land on all the necessary letters easily using a standard keyboard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Landon wrote:

> I belong to many forums. On each, I use a different "nym" as you put
> it. You can't type "NAME"? What are you 12? That extra letter is just
> too much for your pea sized brain to handle?

When tapping out a message on a smart phone, n, y, and m
are all near the center of the keyboard. a and e require
jumping over to the extreme left between center characters.
HOP THI HLP.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:45:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> arranged random neurons and said:

>On Apr 15, 12:51*pm, sf > wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:50:28 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>>
>> > wrote:
>> > Near as I can tell, green bean dishes must be a part of mid-west
>> > culture. I have to admit that I just don't get it. GBDs are a rare
>> > bird on this rock,

>> You have fresh long beans in the market, don't you?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

>Near as I can tell, GB casserole is made from canned green beans but
>I'm no expert on this. OTOH, I don't much care for green beans anyway.
>I was intrigued that such a thing would be a favorite party dish.

I'd commit hari kari with a pancake turner before I'd let a can of
green beans darken my kitchen doorway. If you want to learn to like
green beans, give this a try:

----- Now You're Cooking! v5.60 [Meal-Master Export Format]

Title: Green Beans With Roasted Onions
Categories: vegetables
Yield: 12 servings

Non-stick vegetable spray
6 md onions; peeled, cut into 4s
6 tb butter
2 c chicken broth
3 tb sugar
2 tb red wine vinegar
3 lb green beans

Preheat 450°F. Spray 2 heavy large baking sheets with vegetable oil
spray. Arrange onions in single layer on prepared sheets. Dot onions
with 4 tablespoons butter, dividing equally. Season with salt and
pepper. Bake until onions are dark brown on bottom, about 35 mins.

Meanwhile, boil broth in heavy large skilet over high heat until
reduced to 1/2 cup, about 6 mins. Ad sugar and vinegar and whisk until
sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.

Add onions to sauce; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until liquid is
slightly reduced, about 5 mins. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be
prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over low heat
before continuing.)

Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until
crisp-tender, about 5 mins. Drain well. Return beans to same pot. Add
remaining 2 tablespoons butter and toss to coat. Mount beans in large,
shallow bowl. Top with onion mixture and serve.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Contributor: Bon Appetit

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15/04/2011 8:55 PM, Landon wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:00:20 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> Feel free to ignore, but I know how hard it is for you to keep your
>> stupid remarks to yourself.

> Actually, it's very easy to control what I see of your bullshit.

Feel free to find a link to a reliable source that links dislike of
tattoos with racism. I tried that and got nothing but idiotic
complaints by tattooed people who were whining about how people
discriminated against them.