Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT to all you haters

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:26:13 +1300, Miche > wrote:

>In article >,
> Dave Smith > wrote:
>
>> On 14/04/2011 2:39 PM, Miche wrote:
>>

>> > And I'd bet there isn't a tattooed person out there who doesn't know
>> > they're permanent. That's why I don't get all the flapping about "but
>> > they're permanennnnnt!" The tattooed people know, and they made that
>> > choice anyway.

>> I m quite sure that they realize that tattoos are permanent. I just
>> wonder if they are in denial about the effects of time on tattoos and
>> the living canvas on which they are drawn.

>Perhaps that's part of the charm. The tattoo changes as they do.

Yeah, as if only the exact spot on the body with the tattoo changes
with age... bodies change with age regardless, and usually not pretty,
if anything tattoos help cover/draw attention away from the ravages of
aging. Tattoos are very often used to hide imperfections like scars,
moles, burns, birthmarks, etc... even to repair imperfections;
tattooing can repair thin lips, missing eyebrows, and most common of
all, disfigured nipples/areola... and not just for reconstruction,
many just have teensy areola and usually on large breasts. I'll bet
that half the women complaining about tattoos have had some sort of
tattooed enhancement... probably those who say they "hate" tattoos,
and that's why.
http://www.breastreconstruction.org/...olaTattoo.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 14:11:57 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 07:39:18 +1300, Miche > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> sf > wrote:

>> > I see a world of difference. Most people don't even see their own
>> > tattoos unless they're looking in the mirror and you can enjoy your
>> > art you own, no matter how weird, without inflicting it on complete
>> > strangers when it hangs on the wall. You can change out art on the
>> > wall: move it around or sell it. Tattoos are permanent. There is no
>> > changing your mind, no returns or redos unless you want to spend a lot
>> > of time, money, effort and pain doing it.

>> And I'd bet there isn't a tattooed person out there who doesn't know
>> they're permanent. That's why I don't get all the flapping about "but
>> they're permanennnnnt!" The tattooed people know, and they made that
>> choice anyway.
>>

>I certainly hope so. However, it still remains that I prefer not to
>be subjected to tattoos. Mangle and disfigure your body all you want,
>but keep it out of my sight and don't talk about your fixation on
>self-mutilation around me.

So speaks elephant woman who's ascared to show herself on RFC's Mugs
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel > wrote in news:dabel-0AF747.08174014042011@c-61-68-
245-199.per.connect.net.au:

> In article >,
> Landon > wrote:
>

>> But I don't hate it. Its that young lady's way of expressing her
>> feelings. What's to hate? I find it odd that she would put a tat in a
>> place where she has to lift her arm for anyone to properly see it, but
>> that's my logical mind thinking, not my emotions.

> She's a public high school teacher. I'm not sure a large tattoo that is
> visible with normal warm weather clothing would always be accepted.

What can be seen of her looks pretty damn good for a high school teacher ;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/14/2011 7:14 AM, Landon wrote:

> To bed at 2am...back up at 4am, wide awake. Oh my! I see a nap in my
> life later today. Thank goodness I like naps. hehe

Are you an air traffic controller?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 19:02:01 -0400, Landon > wrote:

> Your prejudice makes no more sense than that of a racist. Your reasons
> are silly. Your justifications are lame and your stance is that of a
> stubborn 10 year old.

As far as I know I haven't justified it, nor do I plan to.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:15:42 -0800, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > I certainly hope so. However, it still remains that I prefer not to
> > be subjected to tattoos. Mangle and disfigure your body all you want,
> > but keep it out of my sight and don't talk about your fixation on
> > self-mutilation around me.

> Do you really think this is in any way disfiguring?
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1364657

It looks like a Halloween costume.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/14/2011 12:36 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> *Very* nice!!
>>>
>>> Both the tat, and her :-)

>> She has nice boobs. Her tattoo is ugly, but at least she has an
>> identifying mark in case the worst happens.

> To be perfectly honest, I think the picture would be nicer without the
> tattoo and without the strategically placed hand.
> I have to wonder how those inked antlers start sagging and jiggling when
> she walks.
>
> When I see multiple tattoos I start thinking trailer park.

I doubt those antlers are ever going to sag. The boobs are fake.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> I certainly hope so. However, it still remains that I prefer not to
> be subjected to tattoos. Mangle and disfigure your body all you want,
> but keep it out of my sight and don't talk about your fixation on
> self-mutilation around me.

Do you really think this is in any way disfiguring?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1364657
Posted to rec.food.cooking

when one has been close to death, or witnesses it two things become very
clear,
-life is usually way shorter than you or your loved ones think and it can
stop at any time.
-if you don't bbeleive in an afterlife, generally after a near death
experience, you might still not beleive in an afterlife but you know as
those who do that after this life there is nothing to fear if you have
conducted yourself in such a way as to have mininised harm to others,

Lee, who knows
"Landon" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:08:18 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>>On 13/04/2011 11:33 PM, Landon wrote:
>>
>>> The mental turmoil that most people go through when facing the end of
>>> their lives is perfectly natural and has happened since time began.
>>>
>>> Most often they look into their past to reflect on their lives, not to
>>> try reliving it.

>>I cam frightfully close to my time a few months ago after a routine
>>medical procedure went bad and I ended up with a ruptured coronary
>>artery. I was sedated at the time and only vaguely aware of seriousness
>>of the situation. I do remember thinking that it was a good thing that I
>>was sedated because it sounded like it was serious.
>>
>>When I came to in ICU I was a mess. I was uncomfortable, in pain,
>>confused, week and heavily medicated. I have to say that I was feeling
>>down and pretty well resigned to the fact that my life had jsut changed
>>for the worse. From the number of monitoring beepers going off and
>>comments I heard the staff making, I had reason to wonder if I was going
>>to make it. I was feeling pretty down.
>>
>>I think it was the third night I was in there that I was listening to my
>>MP3 player.... Jennifer Warnes singing Leonard Cohen`s First We Take
>>Manhattan. All of a sudden there was was a wave of relief and I
>>realized that everything was going to be okay.

> Wow, I'm glad you're ok now. That was very similar, but longer lasting
> than my own experience.
>
> I had a massive heart attack and was being worked on by the "Heart
> Crew" at the local emergency room. I was having a very bad time
> breathing, and felt like I was coming to an end. I managed to whisper
> to the women who was obviously the top Doc in the room that I couldn't
> breath. She said to me, (and I'll remember these words forever), "Sir,
> I've done all I can for now. The rest is between you and your God"
>
> I felt panic at first and really tried to take a breath. I still
> couldn't, and I could feel the room closing in on me. I freaked out
> pretty much and I heard someone say that my pulse was fading out.
>
> All of a sudden, I felt perfectly calm. I relaxed and felt no pain or
> problems. Even the fact that I wasn't able to breath didn't bother me
> any longer. I remember hearing the Doc tell someone to get my wife out
> of the room and thinking "well, this it!"
>
> Then, as you said, a wave of warmth passed through my entire body and
> I took a deep breath. I got tingles all over my body like
> pins-and-needles and then everything was ok.
>
> If that happens a second time, it won't be so scary. When you get real
> close to the end, it no longer seems to matter. I thought that was a
> remarkable experience.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

i usually don't see sheldons posts unless someone else reposts... I guess he
has difficulty telling the difference between the basic hygine of combing
one's hair and a tat you spend big money on and then can't see yourself...
as to the dh looking at me, he finds me pleseant enough that we have been
together for over thirty years, and when he is looking, its not for artwork,
unless its the magic he provides to my soul and body...

and btw nad... being a christain, this might sound odd to some, but yours is
one of the most reasonable reasons i have ever heard for getting a tat,
sorta putting your money where your mouth is, i respect that even if i don't
agree with your position, Lee
"Nad R" > wrote in message
> Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>> "Storrmmee" wrote:
>>>
>>> something dh and i were talking about th e other day, why get one on a
>>> part
>>> of your body you can't see? Lee

>> What I can SEE is that your dh has a low IQ just like yours. People
>> wear clothing, under clothing, jewelry, and all sorts of cosmetics
>> that they can't 'see'... why do you bother to comb your hair...
>> obviously your dh never looks at you.

> At the gym, one person had "Woody The Wood Pecker" on his Pecker. There
> were several males had smiley faces on their circumcised heads. That's
> got
> to hurt!
>
> At work two identical twins, their parents had a their initials tattooed
> on
> their ankles so the they could tell them apart shortly after they were
> born.
>
> As for me just one Scorpion on upper right arm. When I was running and
> working out many many years ago.. Sleeveless shirts was the way to go.
> Workplace a regular short sleeve shirt would hide and still have that so
> called professional look.
>
> My reason for getting one goes like this. In the bible, book of Leviticus
> somewhere, exactly I do not remember. States it was a sin to put markings
> on ones own body, considered defiling God's Temple. I got one as an
> atheist
> and as a rejection of that book in which I refuse to live by.
>
> --
> Enjoy Life... Nad R (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" > wrote:
> when one has been close to death, or witnesses it two things become very
> clear,
> -life is usually way shorter than you or your loved ones think and it can
> stop at any time.
> -if you don't bbeleive in an afterlife, generally after a near death
> experience, you might still not beleive in an afterlife but you know as
> those who do that after this life there is nothing to fear if you have
> conducted yourself in such a way as to have mininised harm to others,

Pathetic! Religious types always use "Pascal's Wager" as an attempt to
continue to follow some religious order to believe in something that does
not exists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" > wrote:

> and btw nad... being a christain, this might sound odd to some, but yours is
> one of the most reasonable reasons i have ever heard for getting a tat,
> sorta putting your money where your mouth is, i respect that even if i don't
> agree with your position, Lee

Thanks, I think

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nad R > wrote in news:io89bv$3j2$1@dont-
email.me:

> "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>> when one has been close to death, or witnesses it two things become

very
>> clear,
>> -life is usually way shorter than you or your loved ones think and it

can
>> stop at any time.
>> -if you don't bbeleive in an afterlife, generally after a near death
>> experience, you might still not beleive in an afterlife but you know as
>> those who do that after this life there is nothing to fear if you have
>> conducted yourself in such a way as to have mininised harm to others,

> Pathetic! Religious types always use "Pascal's Wager" as an attempt to
> continue to follow some religious order to believe in something that

does
> not exists.

Couldn't agree with you more on that subject.

As one who has been close to death more times than I wish to remember, and
has seen death for most of my life, I can state that life *is* precious,
and fragile..... and while you're still standing, and have a heartbeat,
enjoy the hell out of it while you can, because you're a loooooooong time
dead.

Surround yourself with people you like/love, shut out the assholes of the
world and make like they are dead already, and every morning you get up
look at the sunrise, watch the sunset, and at night look at the stars and
just think how lucky you are to be able to see them.

Religion is for peole who can't handle reality.

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Cheryl > wrote:

> > To be perfectly honest, I think the picture would be nicer without the
> > tattoo and without the strategically placed hand.
> > I have to wonder how those inked antlers start sagging and jiggling when
> > she walks.
> >
> > When I see multiple tattoos I start thinking trailer park.

It's only one tattoo, and it's her first.

> I doubt those antlers are ever going to sag. The boobs are fake.

That seems like a strange thing to say, although I have to admit that my
experience is limited. Why do you think that?

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel > wrote in news:dabel-99C03D.21362514042011@c-61-
68-245-199.per.connect.net.au:

> In article >,
> Cheryl > wrote:

>> > To be perfectly honest, I think the picture would be nicer without

the
>> > tattoo and without the strategically placed hand.
>> > I have to wonder how those inked antlers start sagging and jiggling

when
>> > she walks.
>> >
>> > When I see multiple tattoos I start thinking trailer park.

> It's only one tattoo, and it's her first.

"Multiple tattoos"???!!! LOL!!

Maybe Cheryl has spent too long living in a trailer park, and should get
out into the real world.

Everyone shouldn't be tarred with the same brush you use on your
neighbours, Cheryl.

>> I doubt those antlers are ever going to sag. The boobs are fake.

> That seems like a strange thing to say, although I have to admit that my
> experience is limited. Why do you think that?

Jealousy. Obviously the only boobs she sees are her own, and any tits that
aren't saggy and full of stretch marks are "fake".

If they were fake, you'd see scarring either in the armpit area, or under
the boob.

Your friend has a nice package. Nice skin, nice hair, nice tat, nice butt,
and a great set of bazzoombas :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Landon" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> Your prejudice makes no more sense than that of a racist. Your reasons>
> are silly. Your justifications are lame and your stance is that of a
> stubborn 10 year old.

Since when does not liking something, anything, amount ot prejudice? I
doubt that anyone prejudges tattoos. They don't dislike them until they see
them.

No one needs to justify themselves to you! Who died and made you god?

Your response is outrageous and a bit idiotic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Giusi" > wrote in message

> "Landon" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>> Your prejudice makes no more sense than that of a racist. Your reasons>
>> are silly. Your justifications are lame and your stance is that of a
>> stubborn 10 year old.

> Since when does not liking something, anything, amount ot prejudice? I
> doubt that anyone prejudges tattoos. They don't dislike them until they
> see them.
>
> No one needs to justify themselves to you! Who died and made you god?
>
> Your response is outrageous and a bit idiotic.

She not only said that she hated them but that she didn't want to see them
or have them talked about.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"I'm back."
> If they were fake, you'd see scarring either in the armpit area, or under
> > the boob.

Maybe where you are, but an almost indiscernible line in the fold underneath
in the civilized world. I admit I didn't have that reaction when I saw that
photo, but I certainly didn't think with your damaged mind either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

, Janet > wrote:

>> If you dislike such opinions or tastes why don't you direct your

>> Janet

> 1. I didn't say anything about my opinion being impinged.
>
> 2. This is a discussion group. I'm discussing a stated opinion.
>
> Is there something about that you don't understand? I'd be more than
> willing to discuss it with you.

I am not interested in hearing more OT trash talk about tattoos. You are a
one note johnnie and you demonstrate over and over that you respect no
opinion but yours. You are also way too willing to call people names when
they don't buckle down to you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Giusi" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Landon" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>>
>>> Your prejudice makes no more sense than that of a racist. Your reasons>
>>> are silly. Your justifications are lame and your stance is that of a
>>> stubborn 10 year old.

>> Since when does not liking something, anything, amount ot prejudice? I
>> doubt that anyone prejudges tattoos. They don't dislike them until they
>> see them.
>>
>> No one needs to justify themselves to you! Who died and made you god?
>>
>> Your response is outrageous and a bit idiotic.

> She not only said that she hated them but that she didn't want to see them
> or have them talked about.

And she cannot validly feel that way? I can. Can you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:

>>> Since when does not liking something, anything, amount ot prejudice? I
>>> doubt that anyone prejudges tattoos. They don't dislike them until they
>>> see them.
>>>
>>> No one needs to justify themselves to you! Who died and made you god?
>>>
>>> Your response is outrageous and a bit idiotic.

>> She not only said that she hated them but that she didn't want to see
>> them or have them talked about.

> And she cannot validly feel that way? I can. Can you?

Just substitute the word, "Italians" for "tattoos" and you have the way
clueless AOL newbie Sheldon "Pussy" Katz "validly feels." Do you find that
equally defensible?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
eb.com...

>>> She not only said that she hated them but that she didn't want to see
>>> them or have them talked about.

>> And she cannot validly feel that way? I can. Can you?

> Just substitute the word, "Italians" for "tattoos" and you have the way
> clueless AOL newbie Sheldon "Pussy" Katz "validly feels." Do you find that
> equally defensible?

Exactly!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15/04/2011 2:01 PM, Stu wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 02:09:03 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
> > wrote:
>
>> > wrote:
>>> when one has been close to death, or witnesses it two things become very
>>> clear,
>>> -life is usually way shorter than you or your loved ones think and it can
>>> stop at any time.
>>> -if you don't bbeleive in an afterlife, generally after a near death
>>> experience, you might still not beleive in an afterlife but you know as
>>> those who do that after this life there is nothing to fear if you have
>>> conducted yourself in such a way as to have mininised harm to others,

>> Pathetic! Religious types always use "Pascal's Wager" as an attempt to
>> continue to follow some religious order to believe in something that does
>> not exists.

> I can see you've never been close to death Nad, may I suggest that you try it
> sometime and see if your attitude changes.

I've been close to it 7 times now and my attitude hasn't changed. Hasn't
made me a "believer" but my near death experiences has removed any fear
I have may have had about death and/or the manner of dying. As I
recently said to my wife, if I go all the way next time, MY problems are
over but hers would begin.

Krypsis

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> Just substitute the word, "Italians" for "tattoos" and you have the way>
> clueless AOL newbie Sheldon "Pussy" Katz "validly feels." Do you find
> that> equally defensible?

Spurious. He does that for effect and we know it. Basically if it won't
hold still and let Sheldon **** it, he talks trash about it.

But even if he is prejudiced, not liking something because you've seen it is
not the same unknowing, no experience hatred against a race or a religion.

So perhaps I should say, "I have only seen perhaps 10,000 tattoos and read
two books about them, but so far I don't like any I've seen."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> Exactly!

No, and he knows it. You didn't answer the question which was posed to you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:42:05 +0200, "Giusi" >
wrote:

>"Landon" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>, Janet > wrote:
>
>>> If you dislike such opinions or tastes why don't you direct your
>>>
>>> Janet

>> 1. I didn't say anything about my opinion being impinged.
>>
>> 2. This is a discussion group. I'm discussing a stated opinion.
>>
>> Is there something about that you don't understand? I'd be more than
>> willing to discuss it with you.

>I am not interested in hearing more OT trash talk about tattoos. You are a
>one note johnnie and you demonstrate over and over that you respect no
>opinion but yours. You are also way too willing to call people names when
>they don't buckle down to you.

That's nonsense. I didn't initiate the thread on Tattoos and have only
injected my own opinion, equal to yours. I've not done as you suggest,
but you have shown that you actually have no idea what is being said.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:27:48 +0200, "Giusi" >
wrote:

>"Landon" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>> Your prejudice makes no more sense than that of a racist. Your reasons>
>> are silly. Your justifications are lame and your stance is that of a
>> stubborn 10 year old.

>Since when does not liking something, anything, amount ot prejudice? I
>doubt that anyone prejudges tattoos. They don't dislike them until they see
>them.
>
>No one needs to justify themselves to you! Who died and made you god?
>
>Your response is outrageous and a bit idiotic.

Speaking of idiotic comments, yours is classic. I've never claimed to
be "God". Those are your words, not mine. The accusation is baseless
and childish.

You should try to learn the English language. Prejudice can be a
preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable as
well as one which is formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought
or reason.

This definition fits in the case of unreasoning hatred of tattoos. If
you can't see the alignment between the stated feelings and the
definition of a prejudice, then perhaps you're speaking above your
level of understanding.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:40:00 +0200, "Giusi" >
wrote:

>"Bob Terwilliger" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>> Just substitute the word, "Italians" for "tattoos" and you have the way>
>> clueless AOL newbie Sheldon "Pussy" Katz "validly feels." Do you find
>> that> equally defensible?

>Spurious. He does that for effect and we know it. Basically if it won't
>hold still and let Sheldon **** it, he talks trash about it.
>
>But even if he is prejudiced, not liking something because you've seen it is
>not the same unknowing, no experience hatred against a race or a religion.
>
>So perhaps I should say, "I have only seen perhaps 10,000 tattoos and read
>two books about them, but so far I don't like any I've seen."

The stance on race is justified. An unreasoning hatred of skin color
is the basis of race hatred. Unreasoning hatred of skin coloring via
tattoos is no different. Judging people on the colors that have been
injected beneath their skin is unfair and prejudiced. Its similarity
to racism is right on target.

You'll have to point out to me where I've said anything about religion
in regards to disliking tattoos. I'll wait while you find it.

Waiting.............

Ahhhh, as I thought; you've substituted your own words again and are
trying to pass them off as something someone else has said.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:24:06 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> Your prejudice makes no more sense than that of a racist. Your reasons
>> are silly. Your justifications are lame and your stance is that of a
>> stubborn 10 year old.

> Classic projection.
>
> Janet

That excuse for an argument is again, much like a 10 year old would
present. It means you have no real argument and are attempting to turn
your own faults into shared faults. That won't work. You have to have
a real argument.

Your unreasoning hatred of skin coloring speaks for itself and
identifies my argument as substantiated.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/04/2011 7:02 PM, Landon wrote:

> Your prejudice makes no more sense than that of a racist. Your reasons
> are silly. Your justifications are lame and your stance is that of a
> stubborn 10 year old.

Poppycock, There is no reason to suggest that a person's distaste for
tattoos is in any way related to racism. I suppose the real test for you
would be to determine at what point tattoos or other pieces of "body
art" become disfigurement. There are small, discreetly located tattoos,
more extensive tattoos, facial tattoos and extreme tattooing.

Personally, I am not impressed with tattoos. I have no objection to
small ones and no reason to object to those in places I am never going
to see them, thought I question the reasoning behind spending good money
on a tattoo that no one is going to see. I find large tattoos, sleeves
etc to be unsightly. Get a total body tattoo and IMO, you are displaying
signs of mental illness. Get a facial tattoo and you are a candidate
for the loony bin.

Quite seriously, facial tattooing should be outlawed. Any tattoo artist
who inks a person's face is taking advantage of someone iwth a mental
illness.

Then there are the other types of body mutilation, like piercings. A
single pierced ear is tasteful. Two or three is questionable. Pierced
ears by singer is ridiculous. But then there are people who enlarge the
holes and put increasingly larger disks in them to stretch them to
ridiculous sizes.

Somewhere along the line, tattoos and piercings go overboard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Krypsis > wrote in
u:

> On 15/04/2011 2:01 PM, Stu wrote:

>>> Pathetic! Religious types always use "Pascal's Wager" as an attempt to
>>> continue to follow some religious order to believe in something that
>>> does not exists.

>> I can see you've never been close to death Nad, may I suggest that you
>> try it sometime and see if your attitude changes.

> I've been close to it 7 times now and my attitude hasn't changed. Hasn't
> made me a "believer" but my near death experiences has removed any fear
> I have may have had about death and/or the manner of dying. As I
> recently said to my wife, if I go all the way next time, MY problems are
> over but hers would begin.

Mine keeps telling me not to take so many risks....... I just say, if
anything happens, at least I'm going to get some f***ing rest!!! :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 13:25:45 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> The stance on race is justified. An unreasoning hatred of skin color
>> is the basis of race hatred. Unreasoning hatred of skin coloring via
>> tattoos is no different.

> Strawman.
>
> Janet

You're the one throwing strawman argument out, Janet.

I've told you before and I'll tell you again; you have no argument.

You just can't admit when you're wrong.

I'll not waste any more time with you. Arguing with a fool is
pointless.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:52:57 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 14/04/2011 7:02 PM, Landon wrote:
>>
>> Your prejudice makes no more sense than that of a racist. Your reasons
>> are silly. Your justifications are lame and your stance is that of a
>> stubborn 10 year old.

>Poppycock, There is no reason to suggest that a person's distaste for
>tattoos is in any way related to racism.

<snip of unqualified judging of others>

Then you don't understand what racism is. I'll clue you in; it's a
biased opinion of others due to their skin color.

Hello! Are you awake yet? Tattoos are nothing more than skin coloring.

Figure it out yet?

Jeeez man, who ties your shoes for you in the morning?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:14:40 -1000, dsi1 >
arranged random neurons and said:

>On 4/14/2011 11:59 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:55:33 -1000, dsi1
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Someone should formulate inks with a limited lifetime so that the tats
>>> disappear in a couple of years. I think there would be a market for
>>> this. It could create a tattoo boom.

>> That's a new twist on an old idea! Fast fading tattoos instead of
>> long lasting. You could make a fortune!
>>

>This would be great for folks who are afraid of commitment. My
>understanding is that there are a lot of those...

An uncle, God rest him, got a tattoo on his forearm when he was in the
Navy during WWII. As I was growing up, he occasionally mentioned how
much he hated it. I finally asked him why he didn't get it removed. He
said it was helpful, as every time he felt like he was about to do
something stupid, he looked at that tattoo.

OB: Cannot wait to try a new green bean dish for Easter dinner that I
dug out of the LA Times yesterday. Looks something like a cross
between a green bean tart and a green bean quiche. I'm always on the
lookout for new vegetable side dishes.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 21:36:25 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:

>In article >,
> Cheryl > wrote:

>> > To be perfectly honest, I think the picture would be nicer without the
>> > tattoo and without the strategically placed hand.
>> > I have to wonder how those inked antlers start sagging and jiggling when
>> > she walks.
>> >
>> > When I see multiple tattoos I start thinking trailer park.

>It's only one tattoo, and it's her first.
>
>> I doubt those antlers are ever going to sag. The boobs are fake.

>That seems like a strange thing to say, although I have to admit that my
>experience is limited. Why do you think that?

There is no way to tell anything about that one breast in that dimly
lit side view with her proximal arm raised and the hand bra... she may
as well be fully clothed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:00:59 +0200, "Giusi" >
wrote:

>"Julie Bove" > ha scritto nel messaggio

>>> Since when does not liking something, anything, amount ot prejudice? I
>>> doubt that anyone prejudges tattoos. They don't dislike them until they
>>> see them.
>>>
>>> No one needs to justify themselves to you! Who died and made you god?
>>>
>>> Your response is outrageous and a bit idiotic.

>> She not only said that she hated them but that she didn't want to see them
>> or have them talked about.

>And she cannot validly feel that way? I can. Can you?

Typical response from a single brain celled WOP!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Landon wrote:

> The stance on race is justified. An unreasoning hatred of skin color
> is the basis of race hatred. Unreasoning hatred of skin coloring via
> tattoos is no different. Judging people on the colors that have been
> injected beneath their skin is unfair and prejudiced. Its similarity
> to racism is right on target.

Except that tatoos are a choice, genetics is not.

> You'll have to point out to me where I've said anything about religion
> in regards to disliking tattoos. I'll wait while you find it.

You didn't but I did. It's from the Old Testament.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15/04/2011 10:25 AM, Landon wrote:

>> Poppycock, There is no reason to suggest that a person's distaste for
>> tattoos is in any way related to racism.

> <snip of unqualified judging of others>
>
> Then you don't understand what racism is. I'll clue you in; it's a
> biased opinion of others due to their skin color.

If you had a clue to give you would know that that skin colour that
bothers racist is the person's natural skin colour

> Hello! Are you awake yet? Tattoos are nothing more than skin coloring.
>
> Figure it out yet?
>
> Jeeez man, who ties your shoes for you in the morning?

I would suggest that anyone stupid enough to insist that a dislike of
tattoos is a matter of racism should be the last to suggest that someone
else is stupid.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

your beleif system is yours, so many people profess a system christain,
atheist or otherwise, but they never stick to their guns... the fact that
you saw a way to profess what you beleive, and were willing to put both body
and money forth to stand up for it is honorable, it doesn't matter that i
beleive differently, Lee
"Nad R" > wrote in message
> "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>>
>> and btw nad... being a christain, this might sound odd to some, but yours
>> is
>> one of the most reasonable reasons i have ever heard for getting a tat,
>> sorta putting your money where your mouth is, i respect that even if i
>> don't
>> agree with your position, Lee

> Thanks, I think
>
> --
> Enjoy Life... Nad R (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

this is not at all about religiosity, i have almost died on more than one
occasion, and i watched a girl die on the street in front of me. when you
are close to death, beyond what ones religious system is, at the point of
almost dying, there is no pain. Lee