Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Pecan pie

I have no idea???? I just post with Google and it does whatever it does. I don't see a place to change preferences anywhere in that regard....sorry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-03-24, ImStillMags > wrote: > I have no

>I just post with Google and it does whatever it does. I don't see a
>place to change preferences anywhere in that regard....sorry.

Don't be sorry, fix it!! Yer the only poster on rfc that's doing
this.

Some other Mac geeks out there wanna help mags?

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:13:58 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> I'm not on a Mac right now. I'm in the office....on Google Groups

So you're using a PC?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 24, 2:40*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:13:58 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
>
> > wrote:
> > I'm not on a Mac right now. *I'm in the office....on Google Groups

> So you're using a PC?
>
> --
>
> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

yes, I'm on a PC. There is no 'preferences' on Google groups where
you can say 'text wrap' NB is the only one, apparently who has a
problem. I see my posts look like everyone elses.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:

> yes, I'm on a PC. There is no 'preferences' on Google groups where
> you can say 'text wrap' NB is the only one, apparently who has a
> problem. I see my posts look like everyone elses.

You didn't have any problem adding returns in that message.

Pecan pie and return - Two ideas that don't much go together. I don't
think I've ever returned a pecan pie.

So is it "pea-can" or "peh-kahn"? As long as it's in a pie or ground
into nut butter, who cares.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Freyburger wrote:

> So is it "pea-can" or "peh-kahn"? As long as it's in a pie or ground
> into nut butter, who cares.

A Pee-can is something a trucker keeps under the seat.
A peh-kahn is a something you eat, if the squirrels don't find it first.

HTH :-)

-Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 24, 3:21*pm, zxcvbob > wrote:
> Doug Freyburger wrote:
> > So is it "pea-can" or "peh-kahn"? *As long as it's in a pie or ground
> > into nut butter, who cares.

> A Pee-can is something a trucker keeps under the seat.
> A peh-kahn is a something you eat, if the squirrels don't find it first.
>
> HTH :-)
>
> -Bob

correct-o-mundo ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nope.... That is a **** bottle

> A peh-kahn is a something you eat, if the squirrels don't find it first.

I was close to 50 before I ever heard that pronunciation.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> On 24/03/2011 6:21 PM, zxcvbob wrote:
>> Doug Freyburger wrote:
>>
>>> So is it "pea-can" or "peh-kahn"? As long as it's in a pie or ground
>>> into nut butter, who cares.

>> A pee-can is something a trucker keeps under the seat.

> Nope.... That is a **** bottle

I suppose you could use a bottle, but it's easier to fling it out the
window when you're done if you use a can. HTH

-Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 24, 5:39*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 24/03/2011 6:21 PM, zxcvbob wrote:
>
> > Doug Freyburger wrote:

> >> So is it "pea-can" or "peh-kahn"? As long as it's in a pie or ground
> >> into nut butter, who cares.

> > A Pee-can is something a trucker keeps under the seat.

> Nope.... That is a **** bottle
>
> > A peh-kahn is a something you eat, if the squirrels don't find it first..

> I was close to 50 before I ever heard that pronunciation.

I've lived in the South all my life and 'peh-kahn' is the way folks
around here pronounce it. Pee-can is the way television personalities
pronounce it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 24/03/2011 7:11 PM, Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:00:20 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
> > wrote:

>>> I was close to 50 before I ever heard that pronunciation.

>> I've lived in the South all my life and 'peh-kahn' is the way folks
>> around here pronounce it. Pee-can is the way television personalities
>> pronounce it.

> Yep, that is what I grew up with too, living in VA.

The Merriam Webster online dictinary gives three different
pronunciations, pi-kahn, pi-kan, pee-kan.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> On 24/03/2011 7:11 PM, Christine Dabney wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:00:20 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
>> > wrote:

>>> I've lived in the South all my life and 'peh-kahn' is the way
>>> folks
>>> around here pronounce it. Pee-can is the way television
>>> personalities pronounce it.

>> Yep, that is what I grew up with too, living in VA.
>>

> The Merriam Webster online dictinary gives three different
> pronunciations, pi-kahn, pi-kan, pee-kan.

Then it's pi-kahn, here in Maryland.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:44:45 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> yes, I'm on a PC. There is no 'preferences' on Google groups where
> you can say 'text wrap' NB is the only one, apparently who has a
> problem. I see my posts look like everyone elses.

This post line wrapped just fine. Are you on the same computer as
before? I've only noticed two that did not wrap and it was just
today. I don't read every single post of yours because they often
have a reply already. I just skip to that since most people can't be
bothered to trim and I'll get your entire post anyway.

The reason even your posts that didn't line wrap come out looking okay
is that they are line wrapped on reply. At least that's what my news
reader does.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2011 5:21 PM, zxcvbob wrote:
> Doug Freyburger wrote:
>
>> So is it "pea-can" or "peh-kahn"? As long as it's in a pie or ground
>> into nut butter, who cares.

> A Pee-can is something a trucker keeps under the seat.
> A peh-kahn is a something you eat, if the squirrels don't find it first.
>
> HTH :-)
>
> -Bob

Around here it is called a puh-kahn.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 19:26:17 -0400, "Dora" > wrote:

> Then it's pi-kahn, here in Maryland.

I've never thought about how I say it except pee-kan drives me nuts,
so I don't say it that way. I guess I say pi-kahn too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Shirley wrote:
> On 3/24/2011 5:21 PM, zxcvbob wrote:
>> Doug Freyburger wrote:
>>
>>> So is it "pea-can" or "peh-kahn"? As long as it's in a pie or ground
>>> into nut butter, who cares.

>> A Pee-can is something a trucker keeps under the seat.
>> A peh-kahn is a something you eat, if the squirrels don't find it first.
>>
>> HTH :-)
>>
>> -Bob

> Around here it is called a puh-kahn.

We didn't really have a vowel at all in the first syllable where I
grew up. It was sort of p'kahn. So whether it came out "uh" or
"eh" or "i" didn't make much difference cuz it was so short -- just
as long as it weren't "ee". :-)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:44:45 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Mar 24, 2:40*pm, sf > wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:13:58 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
>>
>> > wrote:
>> > I'm not on a Mac right now. *I'm in the office....on Google Groups

>> So you're using a PC?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

>yes, I'm on a PC. There is no 'preferences' on Google groups where
>you can say 'text wrap' NB is the only one, apparently who has a
>problem. I see my posts look like everyone elses.

This one is fine but you've got a couple posts up thread that aren't
wrapped properly. It's not just NB.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-03-24, ImStillMags > wrote:

> yes, I'm on a PC. There is no 'preferences' on Google groups where
> you can say 'text wrap' NB is the only one, apparently who has a
> problem. I see my posts look like everyone elses.

Let's look at it from the opposite view.

You post from GG. I routinely KF all GG. You and a handfull of
others are in my exceptions to my GG KF file, Nancy2 being another.
Her posts wrap jes fine.

I can push a single key and wrap your posts, but why should I have to.
I have to do this for no one else but you and haven't had to for
years. What makes you special? In fact, what makes you different,
now, than a few weeks ago when your posts wrapped jes fine?

Sorry, but I haven't changed a damn thing in a couple yrs. You?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 24, 5:51*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:44:45 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
>

> > wrote:
> >On Mar 24, 2:40*pm, sf > wrote:
> >> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:13:58 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags

> >> So you're using a PC?

> >> --

> >> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

> >yes, I'm on a PC. * *There is no 'preferences' on Google groups where
> >you can say 'text wrap' * NB is the only one, apparently who has a
> >problem. * I see my posts look like everyone elses.

> This one is fine but you've got a couple posts up thread that aren't
> wrapped properly. *It's not just NB.
>
> Lou *

Well, I'm at home now, on my Mac. So let's have an experiment and see
if this shows up as text wrapped or not. I think it's some kind of
glitch in the server at the office or something.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 24, 6:09*pm, notbob > wrote:
> On 2011-03-24, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > yes, I'm on a PC. * *There is no 'preferences' on Google groups where
> > you can say 'text wrap' * NB is the only one, apparently who has a
> > problem. * I see my posts look like everyone elses.

> Let's look at it from the opposite view. *
>
> You post from GG. *I routinely KF all GG. *You and a handfull of
> others are in my exceptions to my GG KF file, Nancy2 being another.
> Her posts wrap jes fine.
>
> I can push a single key and wrap your posts, but why should I have to.
> I have to do this for no one else but you and haven't had to for
> years. *What makes you special? *In fact, what makes you different,
> now, than a few weeks ago when your posts wrapped jes fine? *
>
> Sorry, but I haven't changed a damn thing in a couple yrs. *You?
>
> nb *

I'm sorry nb.....I have no idea what happened. As I said in my
glitch in that computer or the server. I'm at home now on a Mac and
Google does not have anywhere you can see preferences or tools to
click text wrap. I don't know what else to do and I'm sorry if you
are all hot under the collar about it. It's not intentional.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 24, 6:09*pm, notbob > wrote:
> On 2011-03-24, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > yes, I'm on a PC. * *There is no 'preferences' on Google groups where
> > you can say 'text wrap' * NB is the only one, apparently who has a
> > problem. * I see my posts look like everyone elses.

> Let's look at it from the opposite view. *
>
> You post from GG. *I routinely KF all GG. *You and a handfull of
> others are in my exceptions to my GG KF file, Nancy2 being another.
> Her posts wrap jes fine.
>
> I can push a single key and wrap your posts, but why should I have to.
> I have to do this for no one else but you and haven't had to for
> years. *What makes you special? *In fact, what makes you different,
> now, than a few weeks ago when your posts wrapped jes fine? *
>
> Sorry, but I haven't changed a damn thing in a couple yrs. *You?
>
> nb *

and what key is it that you can click to change to text wrap?????
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-03-25, ImStillMags > wrote:

> and what key is it that you can click to change to text wrap?????

I use the newsreader client, slrn. If posts are not properly wrapped
by the poster, like yours are not, I merely hit my w key and they
instantly wrap on my screen. Your posts wrapped jes fine several
weeks ago.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 18:49:13 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Mar 24, 5:51*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:44:45 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
>>

>> > wrote:

>> >yes, I'm on a PC. * *There is no 'preferences' on Google groups where
>> >you can say 'text wrap' * NB is the only one, apparently who has a
>> >problem. * I see my posts look like everyone elses.

>> This one is fine but you've got a couple posts up thread that aren't
>> wrapped properly. *It's not just NB.
>>
>> Lou *

>Well, I'm at home now, on my Mac. So let's have an experiment and see
>if this shows up as text wrapped or not. I think it's some kind of
>glitch in the server at the office or something.

This one is fine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
ImStillMags > wrote:

> On Mar 24, 6:09*pm, notbob > wrote:

> > Sorry, but I haven't changed a damn thing in a couple yrs. *You?

> I don't know what else to do and I'm sorry if you
> are all hot under the collar about it. It's not intentional.

It's the nuclear radiation from the tsunami.

:-)

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 19:48:10 -0500, zxcvbob >
wrote:

> We didn't really have a vowel at all in the first syllable where I
> grew up. It was sort of p'kahn. So whether it came out "uh" or
> "eh" or "i" didn't make much difference cuz it was so short -- just
> as long as it weren't "ee". :-)

Okay! That sounds even more like how I'd say it.

Member

Pecan pie is a favorite desserts during both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Its flaky crust and delicious, roasted pecan filling will have everyone asking for another slice of your masterpiece. Nothing makes a better table center during the holidays then a fresh pecan pie. Pecan pie is a custard pie made, as you might imagine, with pecans as a the focal ingredient. Traditional pecan pie is very rich, thick, and somewhat sticky, and it can be extremely sweet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
> On Mar 24, 5:39 pm, Dave Smith > wrote:

>>> A Pee-can is something a trucker keeps under the seat.

>> Nope.... That is a **** bottle
>>
>>> A peh-kahn is a something you eat, if the squirrels don't find it first.

>> I was close to 50 before I ever heard that pronunciation.

> I've lived in the South all my life and 'peh-kahn' is the way folks
> around here pronounce it. Pee-can is the way television personalities
> pronounce it.

Oh! I didn't know I was such a personality. I am from
Massachusetts, and grew up hearing and saying pee-can.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dora wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 24/03/2011 7:11 PM, Christine Dabney wrote:
>>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:00:20 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann

>>> Yep, that is what I grew up with too, living in VA.
>>>

>> The Merriam Webster online dictinary gives three different
>> pronunciations, pi-kahn, pi-kan, pee-kan.

> Then it's pi-kahn, here in Maryland.

Sounds like we can draw new battle lines.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 19:26:17 -0400, "Dora" > wrote:
>
>> Then it's pi-kahn, here in Maryland.

> I've never thought about how I say it except pee-kan drives me nuts,
> so I don't say it that way. I guess I say pi-kahn too.

Uh-oh. We'd better not talk.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in :

> Dora wrote:
>> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> The Merriam Webster online dictinary gives three different
>>> pronunciations, pi-kahn, pi-kan, pee-kan.

>> Then it's pi-kahn, here in Maryland.

> Sounds like we can draw new battle lines.

Dora's version is much the same as we get on TV here, from the snobs.

Pee-carrrrrn.

I've always called them pee-cans.

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-03-25, Jean B. > wrote:

> Oh! I didn't know I was such a personality. I am from
> Massachusetts, and grew up hearing and saying pee-can.

Likewise. Being from CA, I've heard it pronounced so many different ways, probably
don't say it the same way, twice in a row.

nbxc
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:31:39 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 19:26:17 -0400, "Dora" > wrote:
> >
> >> Then it's pi-kahn, here in Maryland.

> > I've never thought about how I say it except pee-kan drives me nuts,
> > so I don't say it that way. I guess I say pi-kahn too.
> >

> Uh-oh. We'd better not talk.

That's okay Jean. We all have our flaws.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:

> It's the nuclear radiation from the tsunami.
>
> :-)

New flavoring option for the pea-can pie! New flavoring mandate for the
peh-kahn pie! Special glow in the dark feature for the p'kahn pie!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:56:58 +0000 (UTC), Doug Freyburger
> wrote:

> Dan Abel wrote:
> >
> > It's the nuclear radiation from the tsunami.
> >
> > :-)

> New flavoring option for the pea-can pie! New flavoring mandate for the
> peh-kahn pie! Special glow in the dark feature for the p'kahn pie!

Oh, the glow in the dark quality will be very special on Halloween
night!

Pecan pie notbob[_5_] General Cooking 63 27-03-2011 08:27 AM
Pecan pie ImStillMags General Cooking 0 24-03-2011 08:13 PM
Best Pecan Pie Nancy Inman Recipes (moderated) 0 25-11-2007 02:57 PM
Pecan Pie [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 08-02-2005 03:51 AM
Pecan Pie MrFalafel Vegan 1 11-11-2003 01:20 PM