Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default mangoes

peel is the best part of mangoes

why peel them?

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Gill Smith" > wrote:

> peel is the best part of mangoes
>
> why peel them?

If you think the peel is the best part and they don't cause you any
gastric distress, why ask?

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> In article >,
> "Gill Smith" > wrote:
>
> > peel is the best part of mangoes
> >
> > why peel them?

> If you think the peel is the best part and they don't cause you any
> gastric distress, why ask?

Because he's trolling?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mango

"Potential for contact dermatitis

Mango peel contains urushiol, the chemical in poison ivy and poison
sumac that can cause urushiol-induced contact dermatitis in susceptible
people.[11] Cross-reactions between mango contact allergens and urushiol
have been observed.[12] Those with a history of poison ivy or poison oak
contact dermatitis may be most at risk for such an allergic
reaction.[13] Urushiol is also present in mango leaves and stems. During
mango's primary ripening season, it is the most common source of plant
dermatitis in Hawaii.[14]
A view of Mangifera Indica in South India
[edit] Food
White oblong fruits on a background of much thin, but much longer leaves
An unripe mango of Ratnagiri (India)

Mango is generally sweet, although the taste and texture of the flesh
varies across cultivars, some having a soft, pulpy texture similar to an
overripe plum, while the flesh of others is firmer, like a cantaloupe or
avocado, or may have a fibrous texture. For consumption of unripe,
pickled or cooked fruit, the mango skin may be consumed comfortably, but
has potential to cause contact dermatitis (above) of the lips, gingiva
or tongue in susceptible people. In ripe fruits which are commonly eaten
fresh, the skin may be thicker and bitter tasting, so is typically not
eaten."

But yeah, if it doesn't bother him, that's great.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Dan Abel > wrote:

> In article >,
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > "Gill Smith" > wrote:
> >
> > > peel is the best part of mangoes
> > >
> > > why peel them?

> > If you think the peel is the best part and they don't cause you any
> > gastric distress, why ask?

> Because he's trolling?

(snip)

I know. That's why I deleted the website he included.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> "Gill Smith" > wrote:
>>
>> > peel is the best part of mangoes
>> >
>> > why peel them?

>> If you think the peel is the best part and they don't cause you any
>> gastric distress, why ask?

> Because he's trolling?

not so

first mango I ever consumed was out of a girlfriend's fridge

peel and all

everybody peeled potatoes, once

now they know better

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 5, 6:27*am, "Gill Smith" > wrote:
> "Dan Abel" > wrote in message

> > In article >,
> > Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> >> If you think the peel is the best part and they don't cause you any
> >> gastric distress, why ask?

> > Because he's trolling?

> not so
>
> first mango I ever consumed was out of a girlfriend's fridge
>
> peel and all
>
> everybody peeled potatoes, once
>
> now they know better
>
> --http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

I still peel potatoes if I'm making mashed potatoes.
I don't like potato skin in mashed potaoes. I like them in boiled or
roasted potaoes
but not mashed.

Lucille

Mangoes are wet!! John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 3 20-12-2011 07:49 PM
mangoes, ps. Jean B.[_1_] Historic 0 17-05-2011 07:01 PM
mangoes, possible origin of the term Jean B.[_1_] Historic 0 17-05-2011 06:58 PM
Mangoes are here! Sandi General Cooking 17 01-06-2005 07:22 PM
Mangoes & Martinas? Ruth General Cooking 5 13-03-2004 12:26 AM