Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Walkers previous union busting fiasco.....

The last time Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) went after public sector
unions it had “disastrous results” for him and for taxpayers. As
Milwaukee County Executive in 2009, Walker tried to get rid of the
unionized security guards at the county courthouse and replace them
with contractors, which he promised would save the county money. The
County Board rejected the idea, but in March of 2010 Walker
“unilaterally ordered it,” claiming there was a budget emergency.
Walker hired the British security contractor Wackenhut — of Kabul
Embassy sex scandal fame — to replace the guards. Unfortunately for
Walker and Milwaukee taxpayers, an arbiter later ruled that Walker had
overstepped his authority, and ordered the county to reinstate the
unionized workers, pay backwages, and pay tens of thousands of dollars
in arbiter fees. As MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow pointed out last night,
Walker’s “dress rehersal” for his current union busting effort may end
up costing Milwaukee taxpayers an extra half a million dollars.

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/02/22/...ion-wackenhut/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Unfortunately for
Walker and Milwaukee taxpayers, an arbiter later ruled that Walker had
overstepped his authority, and ordered the county to reinstate the
unionized workers, pay backwages, and pay tens of thousands of dollars
in arbiter fees.

Yup...and that is why the unions need to be removed from representing public
employees.

No union representation...no arbitration.

Unknowingly you have posted prime evidence of why unions should not have any
control over public employees.

Funny eh?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Feb 23, 12:48*pm, "Cliff" > wrote:
> Unfortunately for
> Walker and Milwaukee taxpayers, an arbiter later ruled that Walker had
> overstepped his authority, and ordered the county to reinstate the
> unionized workers, pay backwages, and pay tens of thousands of dollars
> in arbiter fees.
>
> Yup...and that is why the unions need to be removed from representing public
> employees.
>
> No union representation...no arbitration.
>
> Unknowingly you have posted prime evidence of why unions should not have any
> control over public employees.
>
> Funny eh?

whoops....I posted that to the wrong group......so sorry. y'all
forgive me.