Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Busting the KA's chops

I have been baking up a storm today. New employee starts work
tomorrow, I try to welcome the new kids "proper".

Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake
Apricot Almond Coffee Cake (2)
Whole Wheat Sugar Cookies (these deceptively sound boring, they're
quite wonderful!)
Cinnamon Puff Muffins

All recipes except the WW sugar cookies are from the King Arthur
Baking Companion, a WONDERFUL cookbook. I bake from it alla time.
The WW sugar cookie recipe is an old Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe. I've
submitted it to the rfc web site for inclusion.

I have a bit of clean-up left to do, but am going to have a martini
first :-)

WHOLE WHEAT SUGAR COOKIES

1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
˝ teaspoon salt
˝ teaspoon soda
˝ teaspoon nutmeg
˝ cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon grated lemon or orange peel (I usually omit)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons sugar
˝ teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
Heat oven to 375F. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except
flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; blend well. Lightly spoon
flour into measuring cup; level off. Stir in flour. Shape into 1-inch
balls. Place, 2 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheets; flatten
slightly. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over cookies.
Bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cookies
will be soft in center. (Tammy's note: I tend to underbake them
slightly. They're chewier that way!)
Makes 24-ish cookies.

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wow! I wish I had a job there!

Talk about job security...

Kris

TammyM wrote:
> I have been baking up a storm today. New employee starts work
> tomorrow, I try to welcome the new kids "proper".
>
> Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake
> Apricot Almond Coffee Cake (2)
> Whole Wheat Sugar Cookies (these deceptively sound boring, they're
> quite wonderful!)
> Cinnamon Puff Muffins
>
> All recipes except the WW sugar cookies are from the King Arthur
> Baking Companion, a WONDERFUL cookbook. I bake from it alla time.
> The WW sugar cookie recipe is an old Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe. I've
> submitted it to the rfc web site for inclusion.
>
> I have a bit of clean-up left to do, but am going to have a martini
> first :-)
>
> WHOLE WHEAT SUGAR COOKIES
>
> 1 cup sugar
> 1 teaspoon baking powder
> ˝ teaspoon salt
> ˝ teaspoon soda
> ˝ teaspoon nutmeg
> ˝ cup butter, softened
> 2 tablespoons milk
> 1 tablespoon grated lemon or orange peel (I usually omit)
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
> 1 egg
> 2 cups whole wheat flour
> 2 tablespoons sugar
> ˝ teaspoon cinnamon
>
> Directions:
> Heat oven to 375F. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except
> flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; blend well. Lightly spoon
> flour into measuring cup; level off. Stir in flour. Shape into 1-inch
> balls. Place, 2 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheets; flatten
> slightly. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over cookies.
> Bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cookies
> will be soft in center. (Tammy's note: I tend to underbake them
> slightly. They're chewier that way!)
> Makes 24-ish cookies.
>
> TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8 Oct 2006 19:33:49 -0700, "Kris" > wrote:

>Wow! I wish I had a job there!
>
>Talk about job security...
>
>Kris

Heh. When my former boss wrote my recommendation for me for this
current job, he stated that I made apple strudel as fine as any
Austrian housewife (I asked him how many AH's he knew, and if his wife
was aware of this...), and that I am the finest baker in all of
California.

I told my current boss that that was sheer nonsense. I'm the best
baker in NORTHERN California :-)

Mind you, my job is not in the least food related... :-)

TammyM, spoils all employees obscenely