Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Arizona bars

I was pondering what to bring to bring to my toastmasters Christmas party
tonight. I looked through some pistachio recipes that I downloaded from
various places. One recipe I found was for simple layered bars that had a
layer of what is basic sugar cookie dough, a layer of jam, then another
layer of the sugar cookie dough with pistachios mixed in. I would link to
the recipe, but I cannot find it.

I decided that I would make them into arizona bars by using prickly pear
cactus marmalade (http://www.cherisdesertharvest.com/), which at least I was
told that is made here in Tucson. For the top layer I would use pistachios
grown in Arizona. I tried to get some at the local whole foods market, but
it turns out they are only available online, and I really do not have time
to wait for an order to come in, even though it would be from inside the
state, but the thought is still there.

Brian Christiansen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 14, 7:32*pm, "Brian Christiansen"
> wrote:
> I was pondering what to bring to bring to my toastmasters Christmas party
> tonight. *I looked through some pistachio recipes that I *downloaded from
> various places. *One recipe I found was for simple layered bars that had a
> layer of what is basic sugar cookie dough, a layer of jam, then another
> layer of the sugar cookie dough with pistachios mixed in. *I would link to
> the recipe, but I cannot find it.
>
> I decided that I would make them into arizona bars by using prickly pear
> cactus marmalade (http://www.cherisdesertharvest.com/), which at least I was
> told that is made here in Tucson. *For the top layer I would use pistachios
> grown in Arizona. *I tried to get some at the local whole foods market, but
> it turns out they are only available online, and I really do not have time
> to wait for an order to come in, even though it would be from inside the
> state, but the thought is still there.
>
> Brian Christiansen

MMMMMMM sounds good. I'm sure it will be well received!!! Nanzi
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Brian Christiansen" > wrote:

> I was pondering what to bring to bring to my toastmasters Christmas party
> tonight. I looked through some pistachio recipes that I downloaded from
> various places. One recipe I found was for simple layered bars that had a
> layer of what is basic sugar cookie dough, a layer of jam, then another
> layer of the sugar cookie dough with pistachios mixed in. I would link to
> the recipe, but I cannot find it.
>
> I decided that I would make them into arizona bars by using prickly pear
> cactus marmalade (http://www.cherisdesertharvest.com/), which at least I was
> told that is made here in Tucson. For the top layer I would use pistachios
> grown in Arizona. I tried to get some at the local whole foods market, but
> it turns out they are only available online, and I really do not have time
> to wait for an order to come in, even though it would be from inside the
> state, but the thought is still there.
>
> Brian Christiansen

Jeez, when I read the subject line I thought your were looking for a
watering hole and was going to say that my kid likes Gentle Ben's in
Tucson.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella