Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default it's started

....christmas baking. Five dozen ginger cookies done and in the
freezer. Now on to chewy choc cookies - not necessarily christmasy,
but my family like them. And this year I aim to bake our annual
exchange cookies BEFORE the actual day of. Just have to figure out
what to make!. Got 4lbs of unsalted butter today at $3.49 a lb. I
shudder to think how much I spend on butter at this time of the year.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/27/2010 1:26 PM, lainie wrote:
> ...christmas baking. Five dozen ginger cookies done and in the
> freezer. Now on to chewy choc cookies - not necessarily christmasy,
> but my family like them. And this year I aim to bake our annual
> exchange cookies BEFORE the actual day of. Just have to figure out
> what to make!. Got 4lbs of unsalted butter today at $3.49 a lb. I
> shudder to think how much I spend on butter at this time of the year.

Everyone is getting cookies as gifts...it's a bad year. Going to start
soon here myself.
--
Currently reading: The Chalice by Phil Rickman and The Walking Dead vol 3
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne > wrote in news:ics263$vo5$2
@news.eternal-september.org:

> On 11/27/2010 1:26 PM, lainie wrote:
>> ...christmas baking. Five dozen ginger cookies done and in the
>> freezer. Now on to chewy choc cookies - not necessarily christmasy,
>> but my family like them. And this year I aim to bake our annual
>> exchange cookies BEFORE the actual day of. Just have to figure out
>> what to make!. Got 4lbs of unsalted butter today at $3.49 a lb. I
>> shudder to think how much I spend on butter at this time of the year.

> Everyone is getting cookies as gifts...it's a bad year. Going to start
> soon here myself.

I hope your 2011 is much better than what 2010 has been.

I might make a whole bunch of christmas cakes and give them out to everyone.

I have to use the red wine in my collection somehow....... and my cake recipe
has a *lot* of red wine in it :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

The act of feeding someone is an act of beauty,
whether it's a full Sunday roast or a jam sandwich,
but only when done with love.