Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Favorite color?

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> OT: Favorite color?
>
> Between kiwi fruit and avocado I'd have to declare...
>
> Green.
>
> Un-food related? Blue!
>
> You?
>
> Andy
> Spotted in bright orange

I love both purple and red. At one place I lived, my kitchen was done up in
red and black. I just love those colors for the kitchen.

My bedroom is done up in purple. I wear a lot of purple. Today my shoes
are purple and my glasses are purple.

I must say that my least favorite color for food has got to be gray. I say
this after seeing the gray anniversary cake with the pink flowers that was
made on Top Chef Just Desserts. I could see it if she somehow did some gray
accents, but the whole cake? Not appealing!

I also do not like blue M & Ms. They're just wrong!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/12/2010 12:41 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message ...
>> OT: Favorite color?
>>
>> Between kiwi fhruit and avocado I'd have to declare...
>>
>> Green.
>>
>> Un-food related? Blue!
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy
>> Spotted in bright orange

> I love both purple and red. At one place I lived, my kitchen was done up in
> red and black. I just love those colors for the kitchen.
>
> My bedroom is done up in purple. I wear a lot of purple. Today my shoes
> are purple and my glasses are purple.
>
> I must say that my least favorite color for food has got to be gray. I say
> this after seeing the gray anniversary cake with the pink flowers that was
> made on Top Chef Just Desserts. I could see it if she somehow did some gray
> accents, but the whole cake? Not appealing!
>
> I also do not like blue M& Ms. They're just wrong!

that reminds me of steel magnolias..."grey icing????" on a red velvet
armadillo cake.

--
Currently reading: the thirteenth tale by Diane Setterfield
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>

>> "Andy" > wrote in message
>>> OT: Favorite color?
>>>
>>> Between kiwi fruit and avocado I'd have to declare...
>>>
>>> Green.
>>>
>>> Un-food related? Blue!
>>>
>>> You?
>>>
>>> Andy
>>> Spotted in bright orange

>> I love both purple and red. At one place I lived, my kitchen was done
>> up in red and black. I just love those colors for the kitchen.
>>
>> My bedroom is done up in purple. I wear a lot of purple. Today my
>> shoes are purple and my glasses are purple.
>>
>> I must say that my least favorite color for food has got to be gray.
>> I say this after seeing the gray anniversary cake with the pink
>> flowers that was made on Top Chef Just Desserts. I could see it if
>> she somehow did some gray accents, but the whole cake? Not appealing!
>>
>> I also do not like blue M & Ms. They're just wrong!

> Julie,
>
> The kitchen has green linoleum flooring. Just begging for a replacement
> but I'm not in the mood for ripping up everything.
>
> Nothing purple in the house at the moment. HINT! ))

My kitchen was remodeled shortly before I moved in. The floor is good.
It's black and white. I like it. Can't say that I like the pink and blue
wallpaper that they put up, but there is only a small amount and in odd
places. I just left it there. I don't like the cabinets or countertops
either. Actually I don't like the layout of the kitchen. It looks okay on
the surface but isn't very workable. Oh, to have a huge kitchen with an
island in it and granite countertops.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 12, 12:41*am, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> I must say that my least favorite color for food has got to be gray. *I say
> this after seeing the gray anniversary cake with the pink flowers that was
> made on Top Chef Just Desserts. *I could see it if she somehow did some gray
> accents, but the whole cake? *Not appealing!

I saw that and when they showed a picture of her in her wedding dress
(I assumed it was her wedding dress) I thought that sure doesn't look
gray to me. I thought it looked kind of blue. Anyway, putting gray
colored icing on a cake is almost the same as trying to put silver
colored icing on a cake. Silver icing looks like gray icing unless of
course you sprinkle it with Zac's disco dust to give it a shimmer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
On Nov 12, 12:41 am, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> I must say that my least favorite color for food has got to be gray. I say
> this after seeing the gray anniversary cake with the pink flowers that was
> made on Top Chef Just Desserts. I could see it if she somehow did some
> gray
> accents, but the whole cake? Not appealing!

I saw that and when they showed a picture of her in her wedding dress
(I assumed it was her wedding dress) I thought that sure doesn't look
gray to me. I thought it looked kind of blue. Anyway, putting gray
colored icing on a cake is almost the same as trying to put silver
colored icing on a cake. Silver icing looks like gray icing unless of
course you sprinkle it with Zac's disco dust to give it a shimmer.

The dress looked blue to me too. Poor Zac. I wanted him to be in the
finale, but that cake was hideous.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:46:07 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>On Nov 12, 12:41 am, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> I must say that my least favorite color for food has got to be gray. I say
>> this after seeing the gray anniversary cake with the pink flowers that was
>> made on Top Chef Just Desserts. I could see it if she somehow did some
>> gray
>> accents, but the whole cake? Not appealing!

>I saw that and when they showed a picture of her in her wedding dress
>(I assumed it was her wedding dress) I thought that sure doesn't look
>gray to me. I thought it looked kind of blue. Anyway, putting gray
>colored icing on a cake is almost the same as trying to put silver
>colored icing on a cake. Silver icing looks like gray icing unless of
>course you sprinkle it with Zac's disco dust to give it a shimmer.
>
>The dress looked blue to me too. Poor Zac. I wanted him to be in the
>finale, but that cake was hideous.

One of the sexiest colors is "Tango Mango".
http://autos.aol.com/cars-Jeep-Wrangler-2011/photos/

Julie Bove in Hawaain Punch:
http://wickedweasel.com/en-us/shop/b...buy/449-05-334

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:46:07 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> wrote in message
>>On Nov 12, 12:41 am, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>>> I must say that my least favorite color for food has got to be gray. I
>>> say
>>> this after seeing the gray anniversary cake with the pink flowers that
>>> was
>>> made on Top Chef Just Desserts. I could see it if she somehow did some
>>> gray
>>> accents, but the whole cake? Not appealing!

>>I saw that and when they showed a picture of her in her wedding dress
>>(I assumed it was her wedding dress) I thought that sure doesn't look
>>gray to me. I thought it looked kind of blue. Anyway, putting gray
>>colored icing on a cake is almost the same as trying to put silver
>>colored icing on a cake. Silver icing looks like gray icing unless of
>>course you sprinkle it with Zac's disco dust to give it a shimmer.
>>
>>The dress looked blue to me too. Poor Zac. I wanted him to be in the
>>finale, but that cake was hideous.

> One of the sexiest colors is "Tango Mango".
> http://autos.aol.com/cars-Jeep-Wrangler-2011/photos/

I can't say that I like that color. It's sort of orange. I can remember
seeing a car for the first time that was about that color. It was a strange
looking car as well. We were all wandering around it muttering about how
ugly it was when the owner came out. Then we stood there with frozen smiles
on our faces. I then said to the owner (knowing full well that it was her
car), "Is that your car? What is it?" I can't remember what kind of car
she told me it was. I'm sure they are common now but at the time it was a
strange body shape. She smiled and looked pleased so hopefully she didn't
know that we were making fun of it.

> Julie Bove in Hawaain Punch:
> http://wickedweasel.com/en-us/shop/b...buy/449-05-334

Yikes, no! I don't like a thing like that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:20:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:46:07 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

> wrote in message
>>>
>>>I saw that and when they showed a picture of her in her wedding dress
>>>(I assumed it was her wedding dress) I thought that sure doesn't look
>>>gray to me. I thought it looked kind of blue. Anyway, putting gray
>>>colored icing on a cake is almost the same as trying to put silver
>>>colored icing on a cake. Silver icing looks like gray icing unless of
>>>course you sprinkle it with Zac's disco dust to give it a shimmer.
>>>
>>>The dress looked blue to me too. Poor Zac. I wanted him to be in the
>>>finale, but that cake was hideous.

>> One of the sexiest colors is "Tango Mango".
>> http://autos.aol.com/cars-Jeep-Wrangler-2011/photos/
>>

>I can't say that I like that color. It's sort of orange. I can remember
>seeing a car for the first time that was about that color. It was a strange
>looking car as well. We were all wandering around it muttering about how
>ugly it was when the owner came out. Then we stood there with frozen smiles
>on our faces. I then said to the owner (knowing full well that it was her
>car), "Is that your car? What is it?" I can't remember what kind of car
>she told me it was. I'm sure they are common now but at the time it was a
>strange body shape. She smiled and looked pleased so hopefully she didn't
>know that we were making fun of it.
>
>> Julie Bove in Hawaain Punch:
>> http://wickedweasel.com/en-us/shop/b...buy/449-05-334

>Yikes, no! I don't like a thing like that.

Well, I like both those things.

So post a picture of yourself in your bikini.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:41:56 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Andy" > wrote in message ...
>> OT: Favorite color?
>>
>> Between kiwi fruit and avocado I'd have to declare...
>>
>> Green.
>>
>> Un-food related? Blue!
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy
>> Spotted in bright orange

> I love both purple and red....

Why encourage the guy to become even more schitzo? He needs help,
not encouragement.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message

>> One of the sexiest colors is "Tango Mango".
>> http://autos.aol.com/cars-Jeep-Wrangler-2011/photos/
>>

> I can't say that I like that color. It's sort of orange. I can remember
> seeing a car for the first time that was about that color. It was a strange
> looking car as well. We were all wandering around it muttering about how
> ugly it was when the owner came out. Then we stood there with frozen smiles
> on our faces. I then said to the owner (knowing full well that it was her
> car), "Is that your car? What is it?" I can't remember what kind of car
> she told me it was. I'm sure they are common now but at the time it was a
> strange body shape. She smiled and looked pleased so hopefully she didn't
> know that we were making fun of it.
>
>> Julie Bove in Hawaain Punch:

It was probably a Honda Element, a big, boxy thing. And that's a
hideous color. http://automobiles.honda.com/element/

Earlier this week I was driving behind a brand new Corvette that was
exactly that color. It was so ugly, I'm amazed anyone would spend that
kind of money for that color car. OTOH it may have been a custom order.
In the words of the Lorax: "You never can tell what some people will buy."

gloria p

Color of Mold Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 28 05-11-2014 08:33 PM
color, taste chance Tea 0 12-10-2008 08:34 AM
Tri-color cake? J. Theakston General Cooking 2 27-10-2006 11:51 AM
Wine Color and PH Sarge Winemaking 3 17-12-2004 03:37 AM
Burgundy - the color Dick R. Wine 12 14-06-2004 04:46 AM