Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Ping: Boron, multi grain bread recipe.

I'm moving the multi grain bread conversation to a new thread. The
old thread was getting confusing.

I did the recipe again this morning. Of course being the cook I am
I'm still playing with it.
I added some rye flour to the mix and about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of VWG. I
upped the yeast to 3 teaspoons instead of 2 1/2.

This time the first rise was nice and big and the second rise came
right up the way I thought it should.

Here's a couple of pictures. This is one yummy bread. I need to
write down exactly what I did before I forget because I want to do
this one a lot.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sitara80...07652252804402

click on the next to pictures to see the closer up picture of the
crumb.

It came out with a really nice crust and the inside is softer more
like a sandwich bread which is what I was going for. The crumb
doesn't look bad, huh??

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Nov 6, 11:51*am, ImStillMags > wrote:

OK. Here's the recipe the way I made it this time.

Multi Grain Bread

2 cups warm water
1/4 cup molasses
3 teaspoons active dry yeast
proofed yeast in molasses/water
added 1/4 cup melted butter before adding to dry ingredients

In mixer bowl:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oat flour
1 cup semolina flour
1 cup bread flour
1/2 cup rye flour
2/3 cup Vital Wheat Gluten
1 cup rolled oats
2 teaspoons salt

add ins:
1/3 cup brown flax seeds
1/3 cup brown sesame seeds
1/2 cup ground golden flax seeds

whisked all dry ingredients together well in mixer bowl.

Added yeast/molasses/water/butter mixture and stirred in well. Dough
was a bit dry so I added a little bit of water till the dough was
shaggy.

Put in dough hook and kneaded for about 7 minutes with dough hook.

Turned out on floured board and kneaded by hand a couple of
minutes...did a halfhearted window pane test.

Put in big buttered bowl to rise covered with film. Let rise for a
little over an hour in oven with light on till doubled in size. It
jumped right up there.

Turned dough out on floured counter and cut in half. Punched down
and formed into two oval loaves.

Let rise in oven with light on for an hour covered with film.

Baked at 375 for 30 minutes till thump test was good.

Love the richness the flax seeds and rye flour give to the bread.
This is one tasty recipe. It's a keeper for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 11:51:02 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>I'm moving the multi grain bread conversation to a new thread. The
>old thread was getting confusing.
>
>I did the recipe again this morning. Of course being the cook I am
>I'm still playing with it.
>I added some rye flour to the mix and about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of VWG. I
>upped the yeast to 3 teaspoons instead of 2 1/2.
>
>This time the first rise was nice and big and the second rise came
>right up the way I thought it should.
>
>Here's a couple of pictures. This is one yummy bread. I need to
>write down exactly what I did before I forget because I want to do
>this one a lot.
>
>http://picasaweb.google.com/Sitara80...07652252804402
>
>click on the next to pictures to see the closer up picture of the
>crumb.
>
>It came out with a really nice crust and the inside is softer more
>like a sandwich bread which is what I was going for. The crumb
>doesn't look bad, huh??

This bread sounds and looks delicious. Congratulations on a successful
baking session. Keep it up....and yes, write it down if it is
something you want to reproduce.

I confess to liking mystery in my bread baking and not only do I not
write anything down, I do not label breads when they get stashed in
the freezer. We get a lot of breakfast surprises around here.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 12:29:57 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Nov 6, 11:51*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
>OK. Here's the recipe the way I made it this time.
>
>Multi Grain Bread
>
>2 cups warm water
>1/4 cup molasses
>3 teaspoons active dry yeast
> proofed yeast in molasses/water
>added 1/4 cup melted butter before adding to dry ingredients
>
>In mixer bowl:
>1 cup whole wheat flour
>1 cup oat flour
>1 cup semolina flour
>1 cup bread flour
>1/2 cup rye flour
>2/3 cup Vital Wheat Gluten
>1 cup rolled oats
>2 teaspoons salt
>
>add ins:
>1/3 cup brown flax seeds
>1/3 cup brown sesame seeds
>1/2 cup ground golden flax seeds
>
>whisked all dry ingredients together well in mixer bowl.
>
>Added yeast/molasses/water/butter mixture and stirred in well. Dough
>was a bit dry so I added a little bit of water till the dough was
>shaggy.
>
>Put in dough hook and kneaded for about 7 minutes with dough hook.
>
>Turned out on floured board and kneaded by hand a couple of
>minutes...did a halfhearted window pane test.
>
>Put in big buttered bowl to rise covered with film. Let rise for a
>little over an hour in oven with light on till doubled in size. It
>jumped right up there.
>
>Turned dough out on floured counter and cut in half. Punched down
>and formed into two oval loaves.
>
>Let rise in oven with light on for an hour covered with film.
>
>Baked at 375 for 30 minutes till thump test was good.
>

>Love the richness the flax seeds and rye flour give to the bread.
>This is one tasty recipe. It's a keeper for me.

Thanks for posting the recipe!

Boron