Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Got a whole multi grain Pizza dough from Winco

I have never made a pizza. Need a little help what ingredient to put
to make a healthy pizza. Yes, healthy, even if it doesn't taste like
a pizza is supposed to taste. I just want something different than my
rotuine food I cook.

I have on hand:
Rotisserie chicken
Olive (green an black)
Green Bell pepper
Red Bell pepper
Artichoke (fresh) but can buy the bottled version
Spinach
Tomatoes (Roma)
Tomato paste (canned)
Pineappale bits/chunk (canned)
Taco cheese - 4 types of cheese (I don't mind buying a different kind
as I have been using the taco cheese for Omelette)

I have a pizza stone. BTW, I was keeping the dough on the
refrigerator's shelf - it's been about 7 1/2 since I bought it- but I
put it inside crisper a few minutes ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>I have never made a pizza. Need a little help what ingredient to put> to
>make a healthy pizza. Yes, healthy, even if it doesn't taste like> a pizza
>is supposed to taste. I just want something different than my
> rotuine food I cook.

Put it all on and you still will never have made a pizza. Why ask if you
don't even care what it tastes like as long as it is healthy?

I didn't get what the 7 1/2 was about or what a crisper has to do with
anything, but then I am not sure I was supposed to.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 16, 4:44*am, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> I have never made a pizza. *Need a little help what ingredient to put
> to make a healthy pizza. *Yes, healthy, even if it doesn't taste like
> a pizza is supposed to taste. I just want something different than my
> rotuine food I cook.
>
> I have on hand:
> Rotisserie chicken
> Olive (green an black)
> Green Bell pepper
> Red Bell pepper
> Artichoke (fresh) but can buy the bottled version
> Spinach
> Tomatoes (Roma)
> Tomato paste (canned)
> Pineappale bits/chunk (canned)
> Taco cheese - 4 types of cheese (I don't mind buying a different kind
> as I have been using the taco cheese for Omelette)
>
> I have a pizza stone. BTW, I was keeping the dough on the
> refrigerator's shelf - it's been about 7 1/2 since I bought it- but I
> put it inside crisper a few minutes ago.

by 'healthy' you must mean non-commercial-pizzeria style. they put
too much msg in their ingredients so go for it. since your meat is
chick, search the web for clues as to how to make some kind of chick
pizza etc. good luck.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 May 2010 11:09:59 +0200, "Giusi" >
wrote:

>"Manda Ruby" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>>I have never made a pizza. Need a little help what ingredient to put> to
>>make a healthy pizza. Yes, healthy, even if it doesn't taste like> a pizza
>>is supposed to taste. I just want something different than my
>> rotuine food I cook.

>Put it all on and you still will never have made a pizza. Why ask if you
>don't even care what it tastes like as long as it is healthy?
>
>I didn't get what the 7 1/2 was about or what a crisper has to do with
>anything, but then I am not sure I was supposed to.

Nothing she asks or says makes sense. I suspect this ng is being
trolled but good. My hat's off to her for that.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF wrote:

> I have never made a pizza. Need a little help what ingredient to put
> to make a healthy pizza. Yes, healthy, even if it doesn't taste like
> a pizza is supposed to taste. I just want something different than my
> rotuine food I cook.
>
> I have on hand:
> Rotisserie chicken
> Olive (green an black)
> Green Bell pepper
> Red Bell pepper
> Artichoke (fresh) but can buy the bottled version
> Spinach
> Tomatoes (Roma)
> Tomato paste (canned)
> Pineappale bits/chunk (canned)
> Taco cheese - 4 types of cheese (I don't mind buying a different kind
> as I have been using the taco cheese for Omelette)
>
> I have a pizza stone. BTW, I was keeping the dough on the
> refrigerator's shelf - it's been about 7 1/2 since I bought it- but I
> put it inside crisper a few minutes ago.

I think you'd find the Pineappale pineappalling.

First thing to do is make a sauce. You'll need onions. Do you have any, or
is the list above the *complete* list of groceries you have on hand?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
> I have never made a pizza. Need a little help what ingredient to put
> to make a healthy pizza. Yes, healthy, even if it doesn't taste like
> a pizza is supposed to taste. I just want something different than my
> rotuine food I cook.
>
> I have on hand:
> Rotisserie chicken
> Olive (green an black)
> Green Bell pepper
> Red Bell pepper
> Artichoke (fresh) but can buy the bottled version
> Spinach
> Tomatoes (Roma)
> Tomato paste (canned)
> Pineappale bits/chunk (canned)
> Taco cheese - 4 types of cheese (I don't mind buying a different kind
> as I have been using the taco cheese for Omelette)
>
> I have a pizza stone. BTW, I was keeping the dough on the
> refrigerator's shelf - it's been about 7 1/2 since I bought it- but I
> put it inside crisper a few minutes ago.

IMHO, the sensible way to go about this is: find a local pizza place
that will sell you dough, sauce, and cheese, separately. You're
purchasing their ingredients, just making it yourself at home. (Those
with children, this makes a fine rainy day or birthday party activity -
everyone gets to make their own pizza.) Get good at that - might be
fine the first time you do it, make take a few tries - then start adding
your own toppings. And once that works, you can then experiment with
making your own sauce, using different cheeses, etc., but still using
their dough. The last step would be to make your own pizza dough.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
> Will try. BTW, the package says "Sell by May 18, 2010". Does that
> mean I should use it by that date or would be ok it I use in a few
> days after that date?

No. After it is sold, no matter if it is before the "Sell by" date, you
have exactly 46-1/2 hours to use it. It automatically begins to spoil at
that time. After 48 hours, it has completely become toxic waste, and you
will have to have a special disposal unit come in and remove it from your
premises.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> Will try. BTW, the package says "Sell by May 18, 2010". Does that
> mean I should use it by that date or would be ok it I use in a few
> days after that date?

It means the store is supposed to sell it by May 18.
Call the manufacturer and ask about a Use By date. Using it within a
few days should be fine.
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> amandaF wrote:
>
> > I have never made a pizza. Need a little help what ingredient to put
> > to make a healthy pizza. Yes, healthy, even if it doesn't taste like
> > a pizza is supposed to taste. I just want something different than my
> > rotuine food I cook.
> >
> > I have on hand:
> > Rotisserie chicken

(snip other ingredients)
> > Pineappale bits/chunk (canned)

> I think you'd find the Pineappale pineappalling.
>
> First thing to do is make a sauce. You'll need onions. Do you have any, or
> is the list above the *complete* list of groceries you have on hand?
>
> Bob

Are you kidding? Pineappale on pizza is great!! Pineappale with
tomatoey stuff is a good combination. And pineappale with chicken is
good, too.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Updated 4-24-2010 with food story and pictures
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> No, that's not all I have.I was just mentioing things that i have seen
> used with pizza. And yes, I was trying to see if anyone would mention
> about a brand name for sauce I could buy or provide an easy recipe.

I've used Ragu or Contadina pizza sauce, I think. And one from my local
pizza place (that's the best).
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Updated 4-24-2010 with food story and pictures

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> On May 16, 2:09*am, "Giusi" > wrote:
> > "Manda Ruby" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> >
> > >I have never made a pizza. *Need a little help what ingredient to put> to
> > >make a healthy pizza. *Yes, healthy, even if it doesn't taste like> a pizza
> > >is supposed to taste. I just want something different than my
> > > rotuine food I cook.

> > Put it all on and you still will never have made a pizza. *Why ask if you
> > don't even care what it tastes like as long as it is healthy?
> >
> > I didn't get what the 7 1/2

> Wouldn't the context clue of the senetence (see below) give you that 7
> 1/2 refers to hours?

> "BTW, I was keeping the dough on the refrigerator's shelf - it's been
> about 7 1/2 since I bought it".

Nope. It could as easily have meant 7-1/2 weeks. Or 7-1/2 months.
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Updated 4-24-2010 with food story and pictures
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>> I think you'd find the Pineappale pineappalling.

>> Bob

> Are you kidding? Pineappale on pizza is great!! Pineappale with
> tomatoey stuff is a good combination. And pineappale with chicken is
> good, too.

He loves pineapple -- just not on pizza. I, on the other hand, do like
pineapple on my pizza! Yin to his yang. ;-)

--Lin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>> "BTW, I was keeping the dough on the refrigerator's shelf - it's been
>> about 7 1/2 since I bought it".

> Nope. It could as easily have meant 7-1/2 weeks. Or 7-1/2 months.

Barb .... you do realize that Manda Ruby is the amandaF troll, don't you?

--Lin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lin > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> >> "BTW, I was keeping the dough on the refrigerator's shelf - it's been
> >> about 7 1/2 since I bought it".

> > Nope. It could as easily have meant 7-1/2 weeks. Or 7-1/2 months.

> Barb .... you do realize that Manda Ruby is the amandaF troll, don't you?
>
> --Lin

I do. But, heck, she (?) posts about food. Better than most of the
crap here.
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Updated 4-24-2010 with food story and pictures
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lin > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> >> I think you'd find the Pineappale pineappalling.

> >> Bob

> > Are you kidding? Pineappale on pizza is great!! Pineappale with
> > tomatoey stuff is a good combination. And pineappale with chicken is
> > good, too.

> He loves pineapple -- just not on pizza. I, on the other hand, do like
> pineapple on my pizza! Yin to his yang. ;-)
>
> --Lin

Yes, but have you ever tried pineappale on your pizza? '-)
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Updated 4-24-2010 with food story and pictures

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
> On May 16, 12:22 pm, "Steve Freides" > wrote:
>> IMHO, the sensible way to go about this is: find a local pizza place
>> that will sell you dough,

> I want to use only whole grain dough - in fact, whole wheat would be
> prefeerred. If they sell it, I'd buy their dough too.

In my town, several of the pizza places are more than happy to sell you
any of their ingredients - you just need to ask, so start with someplace
that sells whole wheat pizza.

Again, what you want to do and what you should do aren't necessarily the
same. If you take too many steps at once, you'll likely have lousy
pizza and no idea why it's lousy. If, OTOH, you buy everything from the
pizza shop, then you can experiment with dough thickness and size, oven
temperature, the amount of sauce you put on (most people use too much
the first time they try it), etc., until you get it right. At that
point, you'll be ready to try it with different sauce or other
ingredients of your own choosing.

Best of luck to you.

Oh, the sell by date is just that, a date for the store to sell it by.
It's reasonable to assume it will keep in your refrigerator for at least
a few days after that.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Yes, but have you ever tried pineappale on your pizza? '-)

Doh! Me and my sped-reddin! Completely missed that. Whoooooooosssshhhh.
(Bob still doesn't like pineapple or pineappale on his pizza!)

Thanks for my snork of the day! Good thing I've finished the coffee ...

--Lin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lin > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>

> > Yes, but have you ever tried pineappale on your pizza? '-)

> Doh! Me and my sped-reddin! Completely missed that. Whoooooooosssshhhh.
> (Bob still doesn't like pineapple or pineappale on his pizza!)
>
> Thanks for my snork of the day! Good thing I've finished the coffee ...
>
> --Lin

My pleasure. :-)
I'm getting some car work done -- the brownies were still hot from the
oven when I got here. :-)

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Updated 4-24-2010 with food story and pictures
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PVC wrote:

> You are a complete retard.

Nice to see you trying to win new friends, lardass.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF wrote:

> No, that's not all I have.I was just mentioing things that i have seen
> used with pizza. And yes, I was trying to see if anyone would mention
> about a brand name for sauce I could buy or provide an easy recipe.

Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Peel and chop onions. Peel garlic
cloves and pound with the flat of a knife, then mince. Open a can of whole
tomatoes and squeeze them to a pulp with your hands.

Add onions to pan and sprinkle lightly with salt. Cook, stirring
occasionally, until onions soften. Add garlic and stir until you can smell
the garlic fragrance. Add tomatoes, a sprig of thyme, and a sprig of
marjoram. Cook until sauce has thickened. Taste. Add any or all of the
following to taste: Salt, black pepper, a tiny bit of sugar, white wine
vinegar, and/or red pepper flakes.

Remove thyme and marjoram sprigs. (It's okay if leaves have fallen off.) Cut
basil into chiffonade. Remove sauce from the heat and add basil. (The
residual heat will wilt the basil, which is all you really want to do.)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 May 2010 11:45:00 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>amandaF wrote:
>
>> No, that's not all I have.I was just mentioing things that i have seen
>> used with pizza. And yes, I was trying to see if anyone would mention
>> about a brand name for sauce I could buy or provide an easy recipe.

Piggybacking on here...

This is the sauce I use, and it is extremely easy. It is from Peter
Reinhart, who wrote a book about pizza...American Pie.

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/recipes/pizza

The top part is the Neo-neapolitan dough...to make it neapolitan,
remove the olive oil and honey/sugar.

The sauce is at the bottom of the page... I usually get tomatoes
already crushed, as I haven't had as good luck crushing my own. This
sauce has that "real" pizza flavor...and requires no cooking.

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2010 11:45:00 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> > wrote:
>
>> amandaF wrote:
>>
>>> No, that's not all I have.I was just mentioing things that i have seen
>>> used with pizza. And yes, I was trying to see if anyone would mention
>>> about a brand name for sauce I could buy or provide an easy recipe.

> Piggybacking on here...
>
> This is the sauce I use, and it is extremely easy. It is from Peter
> Reinhart, who wrote a book about pizza...American Pie.
>
> http://www.thefreshloaf.com/recipes/pizza
>
> The top part is the Neo-neapolitan dough...to make it neapolitan,
> remove the olive oil and honey/sugar.
>
> The sauce is at the bottom of the page... I usually get tomatoes
> already crushed, as I haven't had as good luck crushing my own. This
> sauce has that "real" pizza flavor...and requires no cooking.
>
> Christine

I recently started using an uncooked sauce for my pizzas. Really
easy. I like ground and peeled tomatoes since I don't really like it
chunky. I've never added vinegar though. I might try that next time.

Plus, you can season a can of tomatoes (for me usually 28 ounces)
and freeze it into pizza sized portions, since a whole can is too
much for us, for pizza night.

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 May 2010 07:50:12 -0700, Lin
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> >> "BTW, I was keeping the dough on the refrigerator's shelf - it's been
> >> about 7 1/2 since I bought it".

> > Nope. It could as easily have meant 7-1/2 weeks. Or 7-1/2 months.

> Barb .... you do realize that Manda Ruby is the amandaF troll, don't you?
>
> --Lin

From the number of responses she gets, there are many people on rfc
who just can't put 2 and 2 together in spite of it being discussed at
length at one point.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 May 2010 12:19:30 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >,
> Lin > wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>

>>> Yes, but have you ever tried pineappale on your pizza? '-)

>> Doh! Me and my sped-reddin! Completely missed that. Whoooooooosssshhhh.
>> (Bob still doesn't like pineapple or pineappale on his pizza!)
>>
>> Thanks for my snork of the day! Good thing I've finished the coffee ...
>>
>> --Lin

> My pleasure. :-)
> I'm getting some car work done -- the brownies were still hot from the
> oven when I got here. :-)

jeez, barb, if you keep feeding the mechanics they'll start sabotaging your
car.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 May 2010 13:07:47 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Tue, 18 May 2010 07:50:12 -0700, Lin
> > wrote:

>>> Nope. It could as easily have meant 7-1/2 weeks. Or 7-1/2 months.

>> Barb .... you do realize that Manda Ruby is the amandaF troll, don't you?
>>
>> --Lin

> From the number of responses she gets, there are many people on rfc
> who just can't put 2 and 2 together in spite of it being discussed at
> length at one point.

i wouldn't call amanda a troll. just a clueless person who lashes out when
the advice she gets isn't to her liking because it's not exactly tailored
to her circumstances.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 18, 8:40*am, "Steve Freides" > wrote:
> Manda Ruby wrote:
> > On May 16, 12:22 pm, "Steve Freides" > wrote:
> >> IMHO, the sensible way to go about this is: find a local pizza place
> >> that will sell you dough,

> > I want to use only whole grain dough - in fact, whole wheat would be
> > prefeerred. * If they sell it, I'd buy their dough too.

> In my town, several of the pizza places are more than happy to sell you
> any of their ingredients - you just need to ask, so start with someplace
> that sells whole wheat pizza.
>
> Again, what you want to do and what you should do aren't necessarily the
> same. *If you take too many steps at once, you'll likely have lousy
> pizza and no idea why it's lousy. *If, OTOH, you buy everything from the
> pizza shop, then you can experiment with dough thickness and size, oven
> temperature, the amount of sauce you put on (most people use too much
> the first time they try it), etc., until you get it right. *At that
> point, you'll be ready to try it with different sauce or other
> ingredients of your own choosing.

So far, in my area, I haven't seen a pizza place (that I like) that
sells pizza with whole wheat dough. That's why I bought this dough
when I saw it since I looked for it at Trader's Joe and didn't find it
there. Wheat is the only grain that makes me feel really well. I will
stop by at Round Table pizza (my favorite) tomorrow on my way from
work and get the pizza sauce, etc.

> Best of luck to you.

Thanks.

> Oh, the sell by date is just that, a date for the store to sell it by.
> It's reasonable to assume it will keep in your refrigerator for at least
> a few days after that.

OK.

> -S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 18, 11:45*am, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:
> amandaF wrote:
> > No, that's not all I have.I was just mentioing things that i have seen
> > used with pizza. And yes, I was trying to see if anyone would mention
> > about a brand name for sauce I could buy or provide an easy recipe.

> Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Peel and chop onions. Peel garlic
> cloves and pound with the flat of a knife, then mince. Open a can of whole
> tomatoes and squeeze them to a pulp with your hands.
>
> Add onions to pan and sprinkle lightly with salt. Cook, stirring
> occasionally, until onions soften. Add garlic and stir until you can smell
> the garlic fragrance. Add tomatoes, a sprig of thyme, and a sprig of
> marjoram. Cook until sauce has thickened. Taste. Add any or all of the
> following to taste: Salt, black pepper, a tiny bit of sugar, white wine
> vinegar, and/or red pepper flakes.
>
> Remove thyme and marjoram sprigs. (It's okay if leaves have fallen off.) Cut
> basil into chiffonade. Remove sauce from the heat and add basil. (The
> residual heat will wilt the basil, which is all you really want to do.)
>
> Bob

I guess that's the pizza sauce recipe. Easy enough. In fact, I am
reminded that one of the grocery store is selling basil for 99 cent
this week. It'd be nice if you provide some measurement for things
like onion and garlic. What is "chiffonade"?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 18, 7:37*am, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Manda Ruby > wrote:
>
> > * Will try. BTW, the package says "Sell by May 18, 2010". *Does that
> > mean I should use it by that date or would be ok it I use in a few
> > days after that date?

> It means the store is supposed to sell it by May 18. *
> Call the manufacturer and ask about a Use By date. *Using it within a
> few days should be fine.

OK.

> --
> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschaller
> Updated 4-24-2010 with food story and pictures

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 18, 7:40*am, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article >,
> *"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:
>
> > amandaF wrote:

> > > I have never made a pizza. *Need a little help what ingredient to put
> > > to make a healthy pizza. *Yes, healthy, even if it doesn't taste like
> > > a pizza is supposed to taste. I just want something different than my
> > > rotuine food I cook.

> > > I have on hand:
> > > Rotisserie chicken

> (snip other ingredients)
>
> > > Pineappale bits/chunk (canned)

> > I think you'd find the Pineappale pineappalling.

> > First thing to do is make a sauce. You'll need onions. Do you have any, or
> > is the list above the *complete* list of groceries you have on hand?

> > Bob

> Are you kidding? *Pineappale on pizza is great!! *Pineappale with
> tomatoey stuff is a good combination. *And pineappale with chicken is
> good, too.

After I had pizza with pineaple on the side (my friend ordered it at
pizza hut), I was hooked. I place the pinepple on the pizza and eat
it. When I bake the pizza, I'd place them a few mintues before I take
it out of the oven.

> --
> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschaller
> Updated 4-24-2010 with food story and pictures

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 18, 11:51*am, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2010 11:45:00 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
>
> > wrote:
> >amandaF wrote:

> >> No, that's not all I have.I was just mentioing things that i have seen
> >> used with pizza. And yes, I was trying to see if anyone would mention
> >> about a brand name for sauce I could buy or provide an easy recipe.

> Piggybacking on here...
>
> This is the sauce I use, and it is extremely easy. *It is from Peter
> Reinhart, who wrote a book about pizza...American Pie.
>
> http://www.thefreshloaf.com/recipes/pizza
>
> The top part is the Neo-neapolitan dough...to make it neapolitan,
> remove the olive oil and *honey/sugar. *
>
> The sauce is at the bottom of the page... *I usually get tomatoes
> already crushed, as I haven't had as good luck crushing my own. *This
> sauce has that "real" pizza flavor...and requires no cooking.
>
> Christine

Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 18, 1:07*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2010 07:50:12 -0700, Lin
>
> > wrote:

> > > Nope. *It could as easily have meant 7-1/2 weeks. *Or 7-1/2 months.

> > Barb .... you do realize that Manda Ruby is the amandaF troll, don't you?

> > --Lin

> From the number of responses she gets, there are many people on rfc
> who just can't put 2 and 2 together in spite of it being discussed at
> length at one point.

I am glad that you have found something to do - cut and paste my post
and repsonse to it - in your boring day to entertain yourseld.
Seriously, I am happy for you.

> --
> Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
> So far, in my area, I haven't seen a pizza place (that I like) that
> sells pizza with whole wheat dough. That's why I bought this dough
> when I saw it since I looked for it at Trader's Joe and didn't find it
> there. Wheat is the only grain that makes me feel really well. I will
> stop by at Round Table pizza (my favorite) tomorrow on my way from
> work and get the pizza sauce, etc.

Make a few phone calls. I don't know where you live, but in my
suburb-of-NYC town, population 25,000 or so, there are at least ten
pizza places - on the other side of town, there are four of them with
100 yards, even two right next to each other. Even if you have to drive
a bit to find what you're looking for, it might be worth it. Buy one of
their pies to go if you're not familiar with it, and also buy the
makings. Google "organic pizza", "whole wheat pizza" and similar, and
put your zip code into the search as well, or your city and state.

I wouldn't think chains like Dominos would do this, but here almost all
the pizza shops are independent.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Tue, 18 May 2010 12:19:30 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > My pleasure. :-)
> > I'm getting some car work done -- the brownies were still hot from the
> > oven when I got here. :-)

> jeez, barb, if you keep feeding the mechanics they'll start sabotaging your
> car.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Huh! By Alex, I never thought of it like that!

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Updated 4-24-2010 with food story and pictures
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> It'd be nice if you provide some measurement for things
> like onion and garlic. What is "chiffonade"?

Use 1/2 cup chopped onions and 2 cloves garlic, minced. Chiffonade is a
way to cut fresh basil.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Updated 4-24-2010 with food story and pictures
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 May 2010 14:39:54 -0400, blake murphy
> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 May 2010 13:07:47 -0700, sf wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 18 May 2010 07:50:12 -0700, Lin
> > > wrote:

> >> Barb .... you do realize that Manda Ruby is the amandaF troll, don't you?
> >>
> >> --Lin

> > From the number of responses she gets, there are many people on rfc
> > who just can't put 2 and 2 together in spite of it being discussed at
> > length at one point.

> i wouldn't call amanda a troll. just a clueless person who lashes out when
> the advice she gets isn't to her liking because it's not exactly tailored
> to her circumstances.

You think she's a psycho... I think she's a troll.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 19 May 2010 14:39:54 -0400, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>> i wouldn't call amanda a troll. just a clueless person who lashes out
>> when
>> the advice she gets isn't to her liking because it's not exactly tailored
>> to her circumstances.
>>

> You think she's a psycho... I think she's a troll.

ANd all the while, in reality, she is a psycho troll.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2010 14:11:56 -0400, Joe wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 19 May 2010 14:39:54 -0400, blake murphy
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> i wouldn't call amanda a troll. just a clueless person who lashes out
>>> when
>>> the advice she gets isn't to her liking because it's not exactly tailored
>>> to her circumstances.
>>>

>> You think she's a psycho... I think she's a troll.
>>

> ANd all the while, in reality, she is a psycho troll.

*and* a dessert topping!

your pal,
blake

Seven steps: How to make a multi-grain cheela Dr. Jai Maharaj[_2_] Vegan 0 19-07-2014 11:15 PM
Pizza dough Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 19 08-09-2011 02:31 AM
Ping: Boron, multi grain bread recipe. ImStillMags General Cooking 3 07-11-2010 12:33 AM
Pizza Dough piedmont General Cooking 33 04-08-2010 05:08 PM
Pizza Dough Audrey McVean Recipes (moderated) 0 10-02-2008 10:34 PM