Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default very fine teeth grating carrot

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:42:34 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

> Why not put carrot through a grinder, if you want it that fine? It
> will turn to mush, anyway, in super-fine form. I'd attach my KA
> grinder to the mixer and do them in that - like for carrot cake and
> the like.

When I want a lot of carrots for carrot cake, I put the shredding disk
in my Cuisinart and let 'er rip.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 13, 3:02*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:42:34 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
>
> > wrote:
> > Why not put carrot through a grinder, if you want it that fine? *It
> > will turn to mush, anyway, in super-fine form. *I'd attach my KA
> > grinder to the mixer and do them in that - like for carrot cake and
> > the like.

> When I want a lot of carrots for carrot cake, I put the shredding disk
> in my Cuisinart and let 'er rip.
>
> --
>
> Never trust a dog to watch your food.

It's kind of a draw at my house. The FP is in a cupboard on two
different shelves; the KA attachments are in the over-fridge cupboard
which I need a stool to get to, but the mixer is in the corner of the
counter. Usually, the mixer wins.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 13:29:56 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

> On Oct 13, 3:02*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:42:34 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> >
> > > wrote:
> > > Why not put carrot through a grinder, if you want it that fine? *It
> > > will turn to mush, anyway, in super-fine form. *I'd attach my KA
> > > grinder to the mixer and do them in that - like for carrot cake and
> > > the like.

> > When I want a lot of carrots for carrot cake, I put the shredding disk
> > in my Cuisinart and let 'er rip.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Never trust a dog to watch your food.

> It's kind of a draw at my house. The FP is in a cupboard on two
> different shelves; the KA attachments are in the over-fridge cupboard
> which I need a stool to get to, but the mixer is in the corner of the
> counter. Usually, the mixer wins.

My FP is out 24/7 so all I do is pull out the blade and stem and
insert them. No fussing around. I'd never use it if I had to get it
from somewhere first. That's what happened to my mixer. It got put
on a shelf and was never used, not even after I converted over to pull
out shelves.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 13:29:56 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
> > On Oct 13, 3:02*pm, sf > wrote:
> > > On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:42:34 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2

> > > When I want a lot of carrots for carrot cake, I put the shredding disk
> > > in my Cuisinart and let 'er rip.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Never trust a dog to watch your food.

> > It's kind of a draw at my house. The FP is in a cupboard on two
> > different shelves; the KA attachments are in the over-fridge cupboard
> > which I need a stool to get to, but the mixer is in the corner of the
> > counter. Usually, the mixer wins.
> >

> My FP is out 24/7 so all I do is pull out the blade and stem and
> insert them. No fussing around. I'd never use it if I had to get it
> from somewhere first. That's what happened to my mixer. It got put
> on a shelf and was never used, not even after I converted over to pull
> out shelves.

Best deal ever was when I had a KA on one of those "swing-up" shelf
things. It lived behind a cabinet door, but just open it up and one pull
and you're in business. I even put an outlet in there so it was always
plugged in.

Isaac
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 21:01:10 -0700, isw > wrote:

> Best deal ever was when I had a KA on one of those "swing-up" shelf
> things. It lived behind a cabinet door, but just open it up and one pull
> and you're in business. I even put an outlet in there so it was always
> plugged in.

That's one of those "life is good" type arrangements. Hope you took
full advantage of it while it lasted!

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 13, 11:01*pm, isw > wrote:
> In article >,
>

> *sf > wrote:
> > On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 13:29:56 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > > wrote:

> > > It's kind of a draw at my house. *The FP is in a cupboard on two
> > > different shelves; the KA attachments are in the over-fridge cupboard
> > > which I need a stool to get to, but the mixer is in the corner of the
> > > counter. *Usually, the mixer wins.

> > My FP is out 24/7 so all I do is pull out the blade and stem and
> > insert them. *No fussing around. *I'd never use it if I had to get it
> > from somewhere first. *That's what happened to my mixer. *It got put
> > on a shelf and was never used, not even after I converted over to pull
> > out shelves.

> Best deal ever was when I had a KA on one of those "swing-up" shelf
> things. It lived behind a cabinet door, but just open it up and one pull
> and you're in business. I even put an outlet in there so it was always
> plugged in.
>
> Isaac- Hide quoted text -

I had one of those before, but didn't like it much. I like my current
arrangement. I only use the FP occasionally for fresh buttered bread
crumbs and sometimes pastry.

N.