Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How About A Gingerbread Recipe Please?

I've had a craving for gingerbread for quite a while, but I just can't
bring myself to giving into a box mix. Please would anyone care to share
their Gingerbread recipe?

Many thanks,

gene

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 22:42:06 -0400, (e-mail
from gene) wrote:

> I've had a craving for gingerbread for quite a while, but I just can't
> bring myself to giving into a box mix. Please would anyone care to share
> their Gingerbread recipe?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> gene

I'll give you Wayne's recipe for gingerbread. I've made it and it's
fabulous. Sprinkle lightly with confectioners sugar and serve with a
dollop of whipped cream.

Rich Spicy Gingerbread
posted by: Wayne Boatwright rec.food.cooking 10-09

Serves: 8

1/2 cup Unsalted Butter -- Melted
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1 cup Unsulphered Molasses
1 Egg
2 cups All-purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsps Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 Tbl Ground Ginger
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
1 cup Boiling Water
1 tsp Grated Orange Zest -- Optional
(I didn't use it)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine dry ingredients, except sugar, in medium bowl and blend well
with whisk. Set aside.

In mixer bowl, combine melted butter, sugar and molasses. Beat on low
speed until well combined.

Add egg to mixture and beat on low speed until mixture is smooth.

Add dry ingredients to mixer bowl alternatively with boiling water,
mixing until just combined.

Bake in a deep 9-inch cake pan or iron skillet 35-45 minutes, or until
firm to touch and a toothpick inserted in middle of the cake comes out
clean. Allow to cool 5 minutes before turning out on serving plate.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wow! another great Gingerbread recipe.