Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Egad, it's started!

After much delay caused by many things, I started on my new pantry
yesterday. This 160 sf. room will take part of the garage space, and become
the new home to a fridge, freezer, pantry shelves, and general storage.

We're getting ready to totally remodel the kitchen, and this is sure going
to help get a lot of things out of the smallish kitchen and at least give
some room.

Going to demo two walls and make them countertop high, making three rooms
into one flowing room. Granite island. 48" cooktop still to be determined,
going to make my own copper tooled range hood, TWO prep sinks, lots of drag
up a stool counter space, and a very large custom made (by me) potrack
above.

This will be my umpteenth remodel, and the first one I am looking forward
to. Should take a while, as money is tight, but here goes nothing.

Will take pictures as we go along.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 23, 10:56*am, "Steve B" > wrote:
> After much delay caused by many things, I started on my new pantry
> yesterday. *This 160 sf. room will take part of the garage space, and become
> the new home to a fridge, freezer, pantry shelves, and general storage.
>
> We're getting ready to totally remodel the kitchen, and this is sure going
> to help get a lot of things out of the smallish kitchen and at least give
> some room.
>
> Going to demo two walls and make them countertop high, making three rooms
> into one flowing room. *Granite island. *48" cooktop still to be determined,
> going to make my own copper tooled range hood, TWO prep sinks, lots of drag
> up a stool counter space, and a very large custom made (by me) potrack
> above.
>
> This will be my umpteenth remodel, and the first one I am looking forward
> to. *Should take a while, as money is tight, but here goes nothing.
>
> Will take pictures as we go along.
>
> Steve
>
> Heart surgery pending?
> Read up and prepare.
> Learn how to care for a friend.
> *http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

That sounds so totally wonderful. I would give my left arm for a
pantry!!! Enjoy the whole process!! Nan in DE
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 23, 10:32*am, Nan > wrote:
> On Sep 23, 10:56*am, "Steve B" > wrote:
>

> > After much delay caused by many things, I started on my new pantry
> > yesterday. *This 160 sf. room will take part of the garage space, and become
> > the new home to a fridge, freezer, pantry shelves, and general storage.

> > We're getting ready to totally remodel the kitchen, and this is sure going
> > to help get a lot of things out of the smallish kitchen and at least give
> > some room.

> > Going to demo two walls and make them countertop high, making three rooms
> > into one flowing room. *Granite island. *48" cooktop still to be determined,
> > going to make my own copper tooled range hood, TWO prep sinks, lots of drag
> > up a stool counter space, and a very large custom made (by me) potrack
> > above.

> > This will be my umpteenth remodel, and the first one I am looking forward
> > to. *Should take a while, as money is tight, but here goes nothing.

> > Will take pictures as we go along.

> > Steve

> > Heart surgery pending?
> > Read up and prepare.
> > Learn how to care for a friend.
> > *http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

> That sounds so totally wonderful. I would give my left arm for a
> pantry!!! *Enjoy the whole process!! Nan in DE

I'm jealous! I'd sooooo love a pantry but there's no where in this
tiny cracker box to put one. So I make do with those chrome
restaurant shelves that are 14" deep and 54" high.

Looking forward to the pictures.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

itsjoannotjoann wrote:
> On Sep 23, 10:32 am, Nan > wrote:
>> On Sep 23, 10:56 am, "Steve B" > wrote:
>>

>>> After much delay caused by many things, I started on my new pantry
>>> yesterday. This 160 sf. room will take part of the garage space, and become
>>> the new home to a fridge, freezer, pantry shelves, and general storage.

>> That sounds so totally wonderful. I would give my left arm for a
>> pantry!!! Enjoy the whole process!! Nan in DE
>>

> I'm jealous! I'd sooooo love a pantry but there's no where in this
> tiny cracker box to put one. So I make do with those chrome
> restaurant shelves that are 14" deep and 54" high.

The idiots that built this 3 bedroom-plus loft house included FIVE
bathrooms. It has two full baths (master and other bedroom hall area)
one 3/4 bath (loft) and two powder rooms (basement and on the way in
from the garage.)

In the 26 years we have lived here I have been trying to convince my
husband to help me convert the back hall/garage powder room to a pantry.
It has become a catch-all junk room and has no other function at all.
It would be SO convenient to have shelf space there for seldom-used
kitchen equipment, packaged foods, etc.

Maybe this winter I can finally convince him (during a blizzard when he
is going stir-crazy?)

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 07:56:04 -0700, "Steve B"
> wrote:

>After much delay caused by many things, I started on my new pantry
>yesterday. This 160 sf. room will take part of the garage space, and become
>the new home to a fridge, freezer, pantry shelves, and general storage.
>
>We're getting ready to totally remodel the kitchen, and this is sure going
>to help get a lot of things out of the smallish kitchen and at least give
>some room.
>
>Going to demo two walls and make them countertop high, making three rooms
>into one flowing room. Granite island. 48" cooktop still to be determined,
>going to make my own copper tooled range hood, TWO prep sinks, lots of drag
>up a stool counter space, and a very large custom made (by me) potrack
>above.
>
>This will be my umpteenth remodel, and the first one I am looking forward
>to. Should take a while, as money is tight, but here goes nothing.
>
>Will take pictures as we go along.

Is this is going to be like your fantasy garden you annoyed the shit
out of dozens of folks with for over a year and never did any of it?
Why don't you post a present picture, STF for a year, then post a
picture of the completed renovation. You talk a good job but you
never perform... self praise is no recommendation.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote:

>> not like the people armed to the teeth because people all
>> around them are out to get them ....

> <sigh> The original point being that Erik Scott did nothing illegal
> and did not deserve to die...

The cops didn't shoot him because someone from Costco
called. There's a little more to it than that.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sycophant wrote:

> After this fiasco, I will NEVER shop at a Costco:
>
> <http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/25091340/detail.html>
>
> Paranoid assholes...

What does that article have to do with Costco, other than the fact that the
guy was shot in a Costco parking lot? Do you think the Costco manager was
right there with the police egging them on? Do you think a Costco employee
told the police, "He turned me into a newt"?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan wrote:

> I'll still shop at Costco, though. I *like* Costco. They should shoot
> *more* people!

Might cut down the time waiting in the checkout line...

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> The 911 call was placed by a paranoid Costco employee...

You're an idiot. There is no nicer way to say it. How you stumble
through life is baffling to me.
Member

Do Uncle Cesar have a wife? What does she think? Does he have a doctor? Maybe he should be evaluated for senility.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote
> <sigh> The original point being that Erik Scott did nothing illegal and
> did not deserve to die...
> --
> Peace! Om

You can save the government a lot of money by telling them that. No sense
having an inquest now and getting the rest of the facts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 24/09/2010 1:56 PM, Omelet wrote:

>> not like the people armed to the teeth because people all
>> around them are out to get them ....
>>
>> nancy

> <sigh> The original point being that Erik Scott did nothing illegal and
> did not deserve to die...

I knew nothing about this incident until I came across this thread, read
the news article that was linked to a post and then followed the links
to other articles on that story. From what I read, it seems that Mr.
Scott was acting a little odd and when confronted by police he pulled
out his gun.

I won't say that acting strangely is reason to die, but when you pull
you gun on the cops they are going to shoot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>
>> Omelet wrote:

>>> <sigh> The original point being that Erik Scott did nothing illegal
>>> and did not deserve to die...

>> The cops didn't shoot him because someone from Costco
>> called. There's a little more to it than that.

> My point exactly.
>
> Paranoia.

The cops are paranoid, that's why they shot him? No, that's
not what happened.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy wrote:

>>> The cops didn't shoot him because someone from Costco
>>> called. There's a little more to it than that.

>> My point exactly.
>>
>> Paranoia.

> The cops are paranoid, that's why they shot him? No, that's
> not what happened.

But that's why Sycophant will not shop at Costco.

It doesn't have to make sense.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >,

> >> The cops didn't shoot him because someone from Costco
> >> called. There's a little more to it than that.

> > My point exactly.
> >
> > Paranoia.

> The cops are paranoid, that's why they shot him? No, that's
> not what happened.

I'm sure there is a technical/legal definition of paranoid, but really,
when somebody you don't know is acting abnormally, refusing to cooperate
and pulls a gun, are you going to give him the benefit of the doubt?
No, I think a reasonable amount of paranoia is healthy.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Egad~! Bread Basket[_11_] Barbecue 2 24-12-2015 06:39 PM
Getting started George Shirley[_3_] Preserving 4 20-07-2013 12:58 PM
It has started The Cook Preserving 0 28-04-2009 08:27 PM
getting started [email protected] Sourdough 2 04-02-2009 02:52 PM
Getting started(Please help) zven Winemaking 3 24-01-2006 06:33 PM