Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

Default The 16th Annual Schaller Ribbon Report

Ahem!

Last year wasn't so hot; this year is almost too much legal fun for a
woman my age.

Chris and I had a blast! Can't wait to look at the pictures we took.

Of 20 entries, the maximum number allowed, I placed in 12. Five of
those 12 ribbons were first place winners:
Apricot Butter (to die for)
Pickled Boiled Dirt Chunks (Pickled Beets) !! ROTFLMAOPMPSTC !! The
judges decided it was better than the other 35 entries.
Bread & Butter Pickles
Watermelon Pickles
Sweet & Spicy Pickle Relish (a special Gedney-sponsored contest)

I had two second place ribbons:
Peach Jam
Spiced Tomato Jam (This is a big achievement, AFAIC. Last year, there
were 62 entries in the lot‹it won second last year, too. I have nothing
to hang my head about here.)

Three white, third place, ribbons for:
Plum-m-m-m Jelly
Plum-Cherry Jelly
Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce ("Ooooh, Clarence Carter, Clarence
Carter, Clarence Carter. . . " Dang, this stuff is good!)

And two fourth place ribbons for:
Raspberry Jelly
Apricot Jam

Bupkes for Crabapple Jelly, Wild Grape Jelly, Cherry Jelly, Cherry Jam,
Raspberry Jam, Strawberry Jam, Dried Fruit Chutney, and Corn Relish (zip
for the corn relish was not a surprise; it was not my best batch)

The awesome Cherry Cream Scones I made came in third! Yeay!!

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On Aug 26, 1:33Â*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> Ahem!
>
> Last year wasn't so hot; this year is almost too much legal fun for a
> woman my age.
>
> Chris and I had a blast! Â*Can't wait to look at the pictures we took..
>
> Of 20 entries, the maximum number allowed, I placed in 12. Â*Five of
> those 12 ribbons were first place winners:
> Apricot Butter (to die for)
> Pickled Boiled Dirt Chunks (Pickled Beets) !! Â* ROTFLMAOPMPSTC !! Â*The
> judges decided it was better than the other 35 entries.
> Bread & Butter Pickles
> Watermelon Pickles
> Sweet & Spicy Pickle Relish (a special Gedney-sponsored contest)
>
> I had two second place ribbons:
> Peach Jam
> Spiced Tomato Jam (This is a big achievement, AFAIC. Â*Last year, there
> were 62 entries in the lot€¹it won second last year, too. Â*I have nothing
> to hang my head about here.)
>
> Three white, third place, ribbons for:
> Plum-m-m-m Jelly
> Plum-Cherry Jelly
> Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce ("Ooooh, Clarence Carter, Clarence
> Carter, Clarence Carter. . . " Â*Dang, this stuff is good!)
>
> And two fourth place ribbons for:
> Raspberry Jelly
> Apricot Jam
>
> Bupkes for Crabapple Jelly, Wild Grape Jelly, Cherry Jelly, Cherry Jam,
> Raspberry Jam, Strawberry Jam, Dried Fruit Chutney, and Corn Relish (zip
> for the corn relish was not a surprise; it was not my best batch)
>
> The awesome Cherry Cream Scones I made came in third! Â*Yeay!!
>
> --

hip, hip, hoooooraaaaay to you ms barb.

harriet & critters in 105F azusa

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On 8/26/2010 3:33 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Ahem!
>
> Last year wasn't so hot; this year is almost too much legal fun for a
> woman my age.
>
> Chris and I had a blast! Can't wait to look at the pictures we took.
>
> Of 20 entries, the maximum number allowed, I placed in 12. Five of
> those 12 ribbons were first place winners:
> Apricot Butter (to die for)
> Pickled Boiled Dirt Chunks (Pickled Beets) !! ROTFLMAOPMPSTC !! The
> judges decided it was better than the other 35 entries.
> Bread& Butter Pickles
> Watermelon Pickles
> Sweet& Spicy Pickle Relish (a special Gedney-sponsored contest)
>
> I had two second place ribbons:
> Peach Jam
> Spiced Tomato Jam (This is a big achievement, AFAIC. Last year, there
> were 62 entries in the lot‹it won second last year, too. I have nothing
> to hang my head about here.)
>
> Three white, third place, ribbons for:
> Plum-m-m-m Jelly
> Plum-Cherry Jelly
> Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce ("Ooooh, Clarence Carter, Clarence
> Carter, Clarence Carter. . . " Dang, this stuff is good!)
>
> And two fourth place ribbons for:
> Raspberry Jelly
> Apricot Jam
>
> Bupkes for Crabapple Jelly, Wild Grape Jelly, Cherry Jelly, Cherry Jam,
> Raspberry Jam, Strawberry Jam, Dried Fruit Chutney, and Corn Relish (zip
> for the corn relish was not a surprise; it was not my best batch)
>
> The awesome Cherry Cream Scones I made came in third! Yeay!!

Congrats!

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Pickled Boiled Dirt Chunks (Pickled Beets) !! ROTFLMAOPMPSTC !! The
> judges decided it was better than the other 35 entries.

scared the cat?

songbird (congrats!

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

In article >,
"songbird" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Pickled Boiled Dirt Chunks (Pickled Beets) !! ROTFLMAOPMPSTC !! The
> > judges decided it was better than the other 35 entries.

> scared the cat?

:-) Right.

OB Food: First thing we ate after arriving on the fairgrounds was the
Hotdish on a Stick. Skewered tater tots and mini meat-a-balls, battered
and fried; cream of mushroom soup in a little cup for dipping. Helluva
it is that it tastes pretty good!

> songbird (congrats!

Thanks.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:10:19 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> "songbird" > wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> > Pickled Boiled Dirt Chunks (Pickled Beets) !! ROTFLMAOPMPSTC !! The
>> > judges decided it was better than the other 35 entries.

>> scared the cat?

>:-) Right.
>
>OB Food:
>First thing we ate after arriving on the fairgrounds was the
>Hotdish on a Stick.
>Skewered tater tots and mini meat-a-balls, battered and fried;
>cream of man soup in a little cup for dipping.
>Helluva it is that it tastes pretty good!

If that don't seem XXXXX Rated...
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "songbird" > wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> > Pickled Boiled Dirt Chunks (Pickled Beets) !! ROTFLMAOPMPSTC !! The
>> > judges decided it was better than the other 35 entries.

>> scared the cat?

> :-) Right.
>
> OB Food: First thing we ate after arriving on the fairgrounds was the
> Hotdish on a Stick. Skewered tater tots and mini meat-a-balls, battered
> and fried; cream of mushroom soup in a little cup for dipping. Helluva
> it is that it tastes pretty good!

are you serious?

I just can't imagine!!!!!

kathi....still wondering what the PMP stands for....

>> songbird (congrats!

> Thanks.
>

> --
> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
> St. Pectina of Jella
> "Always in a jam, never in a stew;
> sometimes in a pickle."
> Where are my pearls, Honey?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:33:55 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > Of 20 entries, the maximum number allowed, I placed in 12. Five of
> > those 12 ribbons were first place winners:

> This must be costing you a fortune in bribes! Do you ever get any
> death threats from the other bitc... err.. I mean contestants?

No, but there's one guy who seems to not like my general cheery and
casual demeanor about it all. :-\

> :-)
>
> Congratulations. Every thought about branching out into other county
> fairs, or is that generally forbidden?
>
> -sw

County Fairs? I've never entered my own county's fair. They all have
different eligibility requirements, it seems. I've talked to people who
compete in a county's fair--but they don't live in that county. Some
allow residents of adjacent counties to compete. <shrugs> Some don't
require the competitor/exhibitor to be a resident of the county or a
resident of an adjacent county.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:10:19 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > OB Food: First thing we ate after arriving on the fairgrounds was the
> > Hotdish on a Stick. Skewered tater tots and mini meat-a-balls, battered
> > and fried; cream of mushroom soup in a little cup for dipping. Helluva
> > it is that it tastes pretty good!

> Our fair is advertising Fried Beer this year. It's like some sort of
> beer-filled ravioli.
>
> -sw

Yes! Chris is jealous! We watched the YouTube video last night.
Interesting.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

In article >,
"Kathi Jones" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> scared the cat?

> > :-) Right.
> >
> > OB Food: First thing we ate after arriving on the fairgrounds was the
> > Hotdish on a Stick. Skewered tater tots and mini meat-a-balls, battered
> > and fried; cream of mushroom soup in a little cup for dipping. Helluva
> > it is that it tastes pretty good!

> are you serious?

Very.

> I just can't imagine!!!!!

I've eaten worse.

> kathi....still wondering what the PMP stands for....

Peeing my pants

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
j h j h is offline

Fantastic score Barb - congratulations. Our state fair has yet to start.
After your multi successes I wouldn't begin to have the nerve to
enter........ Oh, now I remember, I'm too old for all that anyway. jan

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

In article >, Sqwertz
> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:10:19 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > OB Food: First thing we ate after arriving on the fairgrounds was the
> > Hotdish on a Stick. Skewered tater tots and mini meat-a-balls, battered
> > and fried; cream of mushroom soup in a little cup for dipping. Helluva
> > it is that it tastes pretty good!

> Our fair is advertising Fried Beer this year. It's like some sort of
> beer-filled ravioli.

See:

<http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2010...ir-2010-fried-
food-big-tex-awards/>
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Ahem!
>
> Last year wasn't so hot; this year is almost too much legal fun for a
> woman my age.
>
> Chris and I had a blast! Can't wait to look at the pictures we took.
>
> Of 20 entries, the maximum number allowed, I placed in 12. Five of
> those 12 ribbons were first place winners:

Wow, just wow. Fan-dam-tastic. You did good!

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:10:19 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> "songbird" > wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> > Pickled Boiled Dirt Chunks (Pickled Beets) !! ROTFLMAOPMPSTC !! The
>> > judges decided it was better than the other 35 entries.

>> scared the cat?

>:-) Right.
>
>OB Food: First thing we ate after arriving on the fairgrounds was the
>Hotdish on a Stick. Skewered tater tots and mini meat-a-balls, battered
>and fried; cream of mushroom soup in a little cup for dipping. Helluva
>it is that it tastes pretty good!
>>

>> songbird (congrats!

>Thanks.

Ufta

koko
--
There is no love more sincere than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
Updated 8/25

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

In article >,
"gloria.p" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Ahem!
> >
> > Last year wasn't so hot; this year is almost too much legal fun for a
> > woman my age.
> >
> > Chris and I had a blast! Can't wait to look at the pictures we took.
> >
> > Of 20 entries, the maximum number allowed, I placed in 12. Five of
> > those 12 ribbons were first place winners:

> Wow, just wow. Fan-dam-tastic. You did good!
>
> gloria p

I blush for happy. Thanks.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 19:20:41 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > County Fairs? I've never entered my own county's fair.

> So what is this... State Fair... WORLD'S FAIR? You didn't say in your
> original post, but I assume I've heard it before.
>
> -sw

It's the Great Minnesota Get-Together, the Meen-a-soh-ta State Fair.
Second largest in the country. The Twelve Best Days of Summer. In
Minnesota, it's A Big Deal.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> Ahem!
>
> Last year wasn't so hot; this year is almost too much legal fun for a
> woman my age.
>
> Chris and I had a blast! Can't wait to look at the pictures we took.
>
> Of 20 entries, the maximum number allowed, I placed in 12. Five of
> those 12 ribbons were first place winners:
> Apricot Butter (to die for)
> Pickled Boiled Dirt Chunks (Pickled Beets) !! ROTFLMAOPMPSTC !! The
> judges decided it was better than the other 35 entries.
> Bread & Butter Pickles
> Watermelon Pickles
> Sweet & Spicy Pickle Relish (a special Gedney-sponsored contest)
>
> I had two second place ribbons:
> Peach Jam
> Spiced Tomato Jam (This is a big achievement, AFAIC. Last year, there
> were 62 entries in the lot‹it won second last year, too. I have nothing
> to hang my head about here.)
>
> Three white, third place, ribbons for:
> Plum-m-m-m Jelly
> Plum-Cherry Jelly
> Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce ("Ooooh, Clarence Carter, Clarence
> Carter, Clarence Carter. . . " Dang, this stuff is good!)
>
> And two fourth place ribbons for:
> Raspberry Jelly
> Apricot Jam
>
> Bupkes for Crabapple Jelly, Wild Grape Jelly, Cherry Jelly, Cherry Jam,
> Raspberry Jam, Strawberry Jam, Dried Fruit Chutney, and Corn Relish (zip
> for the corn relish was not a surprise; it was not my best batch)
>
> The awesome Cherry Cream Scones I made came in third! Yeay!!

We are not worthy to post in your esteemed presence. What a
haul--congratulations!!!

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:33:55 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Ahem!

Barb, did we ever expect less?

You are finally getting justice.

Alex, clapping.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 21:10:12 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> "gloria.p" > wrote:

>> Wow, just wow. Fan-dam-tastic. You did good!
>>
>> gloria p

>I blush for happy. Thanks.

You might have to translate that for the new ones who don't speak
Elbonian. <G>

A-

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:54:50 -0400, brooklyn1 wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:10:19 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
>>In article >,

>>> scared the cat?

>>:-) Right.
>>
>>OB Food:
>>First thing we ate after arriving on the fairgrounds was the
>>Hotdish on a Stick.
>>Skewered tater tots and mini meat-a-balls, battered and fried;
>>cream of man soup in a little cup for dipping.
>>Helluva it is that it tastes pretty good!

> If that don't seem XXXXX Rated...

that comment explains a lot about your ideas of sex.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:26:48 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:33:55 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> Of 20 entries, the maximum number allowed, I placed in 12. Five of
>> those 12 ribbons were first place winners:

> This must be costing you a fortune in bribes! Do you ever get any
> death threats from the other bitc... err.. I mean contestants?
>
> :-)

i was just thinking that one day she'll be shot by a ****ed-off preserves
lady.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> Ahem!
>
> Last year wasn't so hot; this year is almost too much legal fun for a
> woman my age.
>
> Chris and I had a blast! Can't wait to look at the pictures we took.
>
> Of 20 entries, the maximum number allowed, I placed in 12. Five of
> those 12 ribbons were first place winners:
> Apricot Butter (to die for)
> Pickled Boiled Dirt Chunks (Pickled Beets) !! ROTFLMAOPMPSTC !! The
> judges decided it was better than the other 35 entries.
> Bread & Butter Pickles
> Watermelon Pickles
> Sweet & Spicy Pickle Relish (a special Gedney-sponsored contest)
>
> I had two second place ribbons:
> Peach Jam
> Spiced Tomato Jam (This is a big achievement, AFAIC. Last year, there
> were 62 entries in the lot > to hang my head about here.)
>
> Three white, third place, ribbons for:
> Plum-m-m-m Jelly
> Plum-Cherry Jelly
> Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce ("Ooooh, Clarence Carter, Clarence
> Carter, Clarence Carter. . . " Dang, this stuff is good!)
>
> And two fourth place ribbons for:
> Raspberry Jelly
> Apricot Jam
>
> Bupkes for Crabapple Jelly, Wild Grape Jelly, Cherry Jelly, Cherry Jam,
> Raspberry Jam, Strawberry Jam, Dried Fruit Chutney, and Corn Relish (zip
> for the corn relish was not a surprise; it was not my best batch)
>
> The awesome Cherry Cream Scones I made came in third! Yeay!!
>

> --
> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

Congratulations you're an amazement.

Your family must be proud & know your friends are

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

blake wrote:

>>>Skewered tater tots and mini meat-a-balls, battered and fried;
>>>cream of man soup in a little cup for dipping.
>>>Helluva it is that it tastes pretty good!

>> If that don't seem XXXXX Rated...

> that comment explains a lot about your ideas of sex.

Also describes what diners at Pussy's house could expect for dinner.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Alex Corvinus > wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:33:55 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >Ahem!

> Barb, did we ever expect less?

Hope springs eternal.

> You are finally getting justice.
>
> Alex, clapping.

Thanks, Kiddo! Justice? Nah - it's just a good time. Keeps me off the
streets and out of the beerhalls. I've posted a few pics online - link
in my sig line.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
A few pics from the Fair are he
http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller#100254

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On 8/26/2010 9:09 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> It's really good. Under the name of it I put, "Oooh, Clarence Carter,
> Clarence Carter. . . . " :-)
>
> I kind of made it up: sour cherries, dried cranberries, sugar, vinegar,
> onion, garlic, chipotles in adobo sauce, liquid smoke; all cooked then
> buzzed in a blender to liquefy.<shrugs> Processed in a boiling water
> bath for shelf storage. I should have made more; we've already gone
> through half a pint and I only made a few.

If you nuked some of that in the microwave, just to melt it, you could
pour that over roasted pork loin. I bet that would be good. It would
probably be good on grilled chicken, too.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

Becca replied:

>> I kind of made it up: sour cherries, dried cranberries, sugar, vinegar,
>> onion, garlic, chipotles in adobo sauce, liquid smoke; all cooked then
>> buzzed in a blender to liquefy.<shrugs> Processed in a boiling water
>> bath for shelf storage. I should have made more; we've already gone
>> through half a pint and I only made a few.

> If you nuked some of that in the microwave, just to melt it, you could
> pour that over roasted pork loin. I bet that would be good. It would
> probably be good on grilled chicken, too.

I bet it would make a yummy sloppy joe. For that matter, I bet it'd be good
with roast pork in a taco shell with some kind of mild cheese.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Kathi Jones" > wrote:
>
>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

>> > :-) Right.
>> >
>> > OB Food: First thing we ate after arriving on the fairgrounds was the
>> > Hotdish on a Stick. Skewered tater tots and mini meat-a-balls,
>> > battered
>> > and fried; cream of mushroom soup in a little cup for dipping.
>> > Helluva
>> > it is that it tastes pretty good!

>> are you serious?

> Very.
>

>> I just can't imagine!!!!!

> I've eaten worse.
>

>> kathi....still wondering what the PMP stands for....

> Peeing my pants

LOL...of course!

> --
> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
> St. Pectina of Jella
> "Always in a jam, never in a stew;
> sometimes in a pickle."
> Where are my pearls, Honey?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving
Banned

On Aug 26, 3:10*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:

Hotdish on a Stick

--------------

I'm skeeered to ask WTF is that?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Ema Nymton > wrote:

> On 8/26/2010 9:09 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > It's really good. Under the name of it I put, "Oooh, Clarence Carter,
> > Clarence Carter. . . . " :-)
> >
> > I kind of made it up: sour cherries, dried cranberries, sugar, vinegar,
> > onion, garlic, chipotles in adobo sauce, liquid smoke; all cooked then
> > buzzed in a blender to liquefy.<shrugs> Processed in a boiling water
> > bath for shelf storage. I should have made more; we've already gone
> > through half a pint and I only made a few.

> If you nuked some of that in the microwave, just to melt it, you could
> pour that over roasted pork loin. I bet that would be good. It would
> probably be good on grilled chicken, too.
>
> Becca

Melt what??
I've used it on ribs and on chicken. And on pork chops. All grilled.
:-)

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
A few pics from the Fair are he
http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller#100254

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

In article
ImStillMags > wrote:

> On Aug 26, 3:10*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> wrote:
>

> Hotdish on a Stick
>
> --------------
>
> I'm skeeered to ask WTF is that?

:-) You chickenshit! LOL! Mini meatballs and Tater Tots, skewered,
then dipped in what appears to be corndog batter. Deep fried (Wot a
surPRISE!). Served with a small cup o' cream of mushroom soup for
dipping. Stop laughing, dammit!

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
A few pics from the Fair are he
http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller#100254
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> ImStillMags > wrote:
>
>> On Aug 26, 3:10 pm, Melba's Jammin' >
>> wrote:
>>

>> Hotdish on a Stick
>>
>> --------------
>>
>> I'm skeeered to ask WTF is that?

> :-) You chickenshit! LOL! Mini meatballs and Tater Tots, skewered,
> then dipped in what appears to be corndog batter. Deep fried (Wot a
> surPRISE!). Served with a small cup o' cream of mushroom soup for
> dipping. Stop laughing, dammit!

I'm still shaking my head...and it was good?

> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
> "Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
> A few pics from the Fair are he
> http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller#100254

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving
Banned

On Aug 27, 1:21*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:

> > Hotdish on a Stick

> > --------------

> > I'm skeeered to ask WTF is that?

> :-) * You chickenshit! * LOL! * Mini meatballs and Tater Tots, skewered,
> then dipped in what appears to be corndog batter. *Deep fried (Wot a
> surPRISE!). *Served with a small cup o' cream of mushroom soup for
> dipping. * Stop laughing, dammit!

Oh. FoodSnob's favorite meal !!! hehehehehehehe

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

In article >,
"Kathi Jones" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > In article
> > >,
> > ImStillMags > wrote:
> >
> >> On Aug 26, 3:10 pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> >> wrote:
> >>

> >> Hotdish on a Stick
> >>
> >> --------------
> >>
> >> I'm skeeered to ask WTF is that?

> > :-) You chickenshit! LOL! Mini meatballs and Tater Tots, skewered,
> > then dipped in what appears to be corndog batter. Deep fried (Wot a
> > surPRISE!). Served with a small cup o' cream of mushroom soup for
> > dipping. Stop laughing, dammit!

> I'm still shaking my head...and it was good?

It's actually not bad. Left to my own devices, I would not have had it,
but I was influenced by my son. The other item the booth sells is
deep-fried banana split. I didn't ask. . . .
> > --
> > Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> > Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
> > "Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
> > A few pics from the Fair are he
> > http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller#100254

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
A few pics from the Fair are he
http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller#100254
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

"Melba's Jammin'" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Ahem!
>
> Last year wasn't so hot; this year is almost too much legal fun for a >
> woman my age.

I compliment you, very sincerely. I think we are about the same age, but we
have chosen different paths. I am spending these liberated years hunting
down cute boys in food related jobs and pinching their butts. It's a good
thing we don't all want the same things out of life.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

"Melba's Jammin'" ha scritto nel messaggio
> "Kathi Jones" > wrote:

>> > OB Food: First thing we ate after arriving on the fairgrounds was
>> > the>> > Hotdish on a Stick. Skewered tater tots and mini meat-a-balls,
>> > battered
>> > and fried; cream of mushroom soup in a little cup for dipping.
>> > Helluva>> > it is that it tastes pretty good!

>> are you serious?

> Very.

I am still not convinced.

(Yesterday I went to Ravenna with a friend and we shared enormous
mazzancolle grilled with vegetables with included quartered Belgian endive.
Ladies, we are missing a bet when we never cook Belgian endive. We also
shared an artichoke pizza. I do not know why pizza in Emilia Romagna has a
deep buttery underlying taste, but it does and I am a fan.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

"Melba's Jammin'" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:33:55 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>
>> > Of 20 entries, the maximum number allowed, I placed in 12. Five of >>

>> This must be costing you a fortune in bribes! Do you ever get any>>
>> death threats from the other bitc... err.. I mean contestants?

> No, but there's one guy who seems to not like my general cheery and >
> casual demeanor about it all. :-\

Every time there is created a "somebody" there is at least one who hates
that. Take it from one character to another, open a bottle of wine and
toast him. He's the proof that you''re doing something right.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

In article >,
"Giusi" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> > Ahem!
> >
> > Last year wasn't so hot; this year is almost too much legal fun for a >
> > woman my age.

> I compliment you, very sincerely.

Thanks! I found out yesterday afternoon that for the third time I will
receive the Fair's award and Olympic-style medallion for being the
champion canner. The title is hokey Fair fun, Prestigious Processor of
the Pantry, and the medallion has a jar of jam on the front. (Check my
FB profile pic.) LOL! The State Fair is all about fun. No one else
has received the award three times. Cool, huh?

> I think we are about the same age,

I think you're a lot older. '-)

> but we have chosen different paths. I am spending these liberated
> years hunting down cute boys in food related jobs and pinching their
> butts.

Well, I NEVah!! LOL!

> It's a good thing we don't all want the same things out of life.

Isn't that the truth.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
A few pics from the Fair are he
http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller#100254
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 10:49:46 +0200, Giusi wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Ahem!
>>
>> Last year wasn't so hot; this year is almost too much legal fun for a >
>> woman my age.

> I compliment you, very sincerely. I think we are about the same age, but we
> have chosen different paths. I am spending these liberated years hunting
> down cute boys in food related jobs and pinching their butts. It's a good
> thing we don't all want the same things out of life.

we all have different talents. wail with it, i say!

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

"Melba's Jammin'" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> I think you're a lot older. '-)

Yannow, you can be plonked, too.