Old 26-08-2010, 09:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Removing very sticky flue residue left from the label of a glass bottle

To remove the labels from empty glass bottles (of Asian food items as
well as spaghetti sauce bottle), I usually just soak the glass bottle
in water for a period of time until the label comes off. Sometimes, I
need to use the short snow -ce scraper - I keep it by the sink after
moving out of Mid west - to get the glue completely off the glass.

But this one bottle has glue residue left over that are just way too
stick to even old the glass in the hand It's a nice bottle, short with
wide opening to put bulkier spice like cinnamon stick. Any tip what I
should use to get that glue residue off?

Old 26-08-2010, 09:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:

To remove the labels from empty glass bottles (of Asian food items as
well as spaghetti sauce bottle), I usually just soak the glass bottle
in water for a period of time until the label comes off. Sometimes, I
need to use the short snow -ce scraper - I keep it by the sink after
moving out of Mid west - to get the glue completely off the glass.

But this one bottle has glue residue left over that are just way too
stick to even old the glass in the hand It's a nice bottle, short with
wide opening to put bulkier spice like cinnamon stick.

Any tip what I should use to get that glue residue off?

Nuzzle it between your breasts until it gets off.
Old 26-08-2010, 09:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 26, 3:26*pm, Manda Ruby wrote:
*To remove the labels from empty glass bottles (of Asian food items as
well as spaghetti sauce bottle), *I usually just soak the glass bottle
in water for a period of time until the label comes off. Sometimes, I
need to use the short snow -ce scraper - I keep it by the sink after
moving out of Mid west - to get the glue completely off the glass.

But this one bottle has glue residue left over that are just way too
stick to even old the glass in the hand It's a nice bottle, short with
wide opening to put bulkier spice like cinnamon stick. *Any tip what I
should use to get that glue residue off?

You can try lighter fluid or nail polish remover (each works on
different things) if you have those on hand; otherwise, buy some "Goo
Gone" at your local hardware or home goods store.

N.
Old 26-08-2010, 10:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/26/2010 4:37 PM, Mr. Bill wrote:
On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:26:10 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby
wrote:

But this one bottle has glue residue left over that are just way too
stick to even old the glass in the hand It's a nice bottle, short with
wide opening to put bulkier spice like cinnamon stick. Any tip what I
should use to get that glue residue off?

Rub smooth peanut butter and let set for an hour. Goo GONE!
Been using this for years for label residue...works wonders on fine
crystal too!

Cooking oil also works for the same reason.
Old 26-08-2010, 10:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 26, 2:39*pm, brooklyn1 wrote:
Manda Ruby wrote:

To remove the labels from empty glass bottles (of Asian food items as
well as spaghetti sauce bottle), I usually just soak the glass bottle
in water for a period of time until the label comes off. Sometimes, I
need to use the short snow -ce scraper - I keep it by the sink after
moving out of Mid west - to get the glue completely off the glass.

But this one bottle has glue residue left over that are just way too
stick to even old the glass in the hand It's a nice bottle, short with
wide opening to put bulkier spice like cinnamon stick. *

Any tip what I should use to get that glue residue off?

Nuzzle it between your breasts until it gets off.

==
I'll bet you say that to all the girls,,,but seriously, I have used
fingernail polish remover. Only on glass though as if on plastic it
could dissolve the plastic. The solvent used to clean plastic pipe
fittings before gluing and joining them should work also, although I
haven't tried that yet.
==

Old 26-08-2010, 10:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
Manda Ruby wrote:
wide opening to put bulkier spice like cinnamon stick. Any tip what I
should use to get that glue residue off?

Goof Off.
(That's the name of the product.)

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
Old 26-08-2010, 11:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 26, 1:39*pm, brooklyn1 wrote:
Manda Ruby wrote:

To remove the labels from empty glass bottles (of Asian food items as
well as spaghetti sauce bottle), I usually just soak the glass bottle
in water for a period of time until the label comes off. Sometimes, I
need to use the short snow -ce scraper - I keep it by the sink after
moving out of Mid west - to get the glue completely off the glass.

But this one bottle has glue residue left over that are just way too
stick to even old the glass in the hand It's a nice bottle, short with
wide opening to put bulkier spice like cinnamon stick. *

Any tip what I should use to get that glue residue off?

Nuzzle it between your breasts until it gets off.

I suppose you nuzzle it between your cheeks....
Old 27-08-2010, 12:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/26/2010 10:26 AM, Manda Ruby wrote:
To remove the labels from empty glass bottles (of Asian food items as
well as spaghetti sauce bottle), I usually just soak the glass bottle
in water for a period of time until the label comes off. Sometimes, I
need to use the short snow -ce scraper - I keep it by the sink after
moving out of Mid west - to get the glue completely off the glass.

But this one bottle has glue residue left over that are just way too
stick to even old the glass in the hand It's a nice bottle, short with
wide opening to put bulkier spice like cinnamon stick. Any tip what I
should use to get that glue residue off?

I'm partial towards Methyl Ethel Ketone aka MEK, which can be found at
your local hardware store. This will remove the residue in seconds. Use
in a well ventilated area and remember that this stuff can be absorbed
through your skin. Use only if you're serious about getting the glue off
in a hurry.
Old 27-08-2010, 12:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:11:17 -1000, "
wrote:

Methyl Ethel Ketone aka MEK

stand back...that sounds flammable! Hold my beer...gotta try
something...

Old 27-08-2010, 01:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Methyl Ethel Ketone aka MEK

stand back...that sounds flammable! Hold my beer...gotta try
something...

I don't believe that it is flammable. Hold on, I got a can of the stuff
right here... I'll just light this match up and we'll know fer sur...

Old 27-08-2010, 01:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

But this one bottle has glue residue left over that are just way too
stick to even old the glass in the hand It's a nice bottle, short with
wide opening to put bulkier spice like cinnamon stick. Any tip what I
should use to get that glue residue off?

Rub smooth peanut butter and let set for an hour. Goo GONE!
Been using this for years for label residue...works wonders on fine
crystal too!

What a waste of peanut butter! Use acetone. aka nail polish remover.

Jill

Old 27-08-2010, 02:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
In article
,
Manda Ruby wrote:
wide opening to put bulkier spice like cinnamon stick. Any tip what I
should use to get that glue residue off?

Goof Off.
(That's the name of the product.)

Is that a take-off on Goo Gone?

gloria p
Old 27-08-2010, 03:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Jill wrote:

But this one bottle has glue residue left over that are just way too
stick to even old the glass in the hand It's a nice bottle, short with
wide opening to put bulkier spice like cinnamon stick. Any tip what I
should use to get that glue residue off?

Rub smooth peanut butter and let set for an hour. Goo GONE!
Been using this for years for label residue...works wonders on fine
crystal too!

What a waste of peanut butter! Use acetone. aka nail polish remover.

Which costs less per ounce? If it's the peanut butter, then using nail
polish remover would be wasteful.

Bob

Old 27-08-2010, 01:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

To remove the labels from empty glass bottles (of Asian food items as
well as spaghetti sauce bottle), I usually just soak the glass bottle
in water for a period of time until the label comes off. Sometimes, I
need to use the short snow -ce scraper - I keep it by the sink after
moving out of Mid west - to get the glue completely off the glass.

But this one bottle has glue residue left over that are just way too
stick to even old the glass in the hand It's a nice bottle, short with
wide opening to put bulkier spice like cinnamon stick. Any tip what I
should use to get that glue residue off?

I normally try mineral spirits if water fails. In very cool weather it
may need to set a few minutes to soften the glue.
I usually use it in the workshop as it is flammable and has a strong
smell when evaporating. Many paint thinners are mineral spirits, some
odor free.
--
Mr.E
Old 27-08-2010, 02:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:

[...]

Polish Remover removes almost anything. Some people think that the
Polish aren't that smart, but I say they make a damned good Remover.

--Bryan