Member

Default I need your opinion on something..

Hello everyone. I hope your evening is going well.

I've spent the past week scouring the Internet for soup recipes. I think if I see or hear one more thing about soup I'm going to go crazy.

What I would like is to get some feedback from you fine folks on this website I've buillt, SoupRecipePro.com . What do you like about it, hate about it, what do you think needs to be added to it, etc. Any and all critiques are more than welcome. I would very much appreciate and value your honest opinion - and whether or not it's something you think you would use.

Basically the site revolves around the custom search engine I have built, and the fact that you can type in ingredients and press search and lots of recipes will show up with those ingredients in them. Do you think this is a useful site?

THANK YOU!

-Jack
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jack1981" > wrote
> What I would like is to get some feedback from you fine folks on this
> website I've buillt, SoupandSpamRecipe.com . What do you like about it,
> hate
> about it, what do you think needs to be added to it, etc. Any and all
> critiques are more than welcome. I would very much appreciate and value
> your honest opinion - and whether or not it's something you think you
> would use.

OK, here is an honest opinion. You only came here to shill your web site.
No, I'd never us it.
Glad I could be of help.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jack1981" > wrote in message

> Hello everyone. I hope your evening is going well.
>
> I've spent the past week scouring the Internet for soup recipes. I think
> if I see or hear one more thing about soup I'm going to go crazy.
>
> What I would like is to get some feedback from you fine folks on this
> website I've buillt, SoupRecipePro.com . What do you like about it, hate
> about it, what do you think needs to be added to it, etc. Any and all
> critiques are more than welcome. I would very much appreciate and value
> your honest opinion - and whether or not it's something you think you
> would use.
>
> Basically the site revolves around the custom search engine I have
> built, and the fact that you can type in ingredients and press search
> and lots of recipes will show up with those ingredients in them. Do you
> think this is a useful site?
>
> THANK YOU!
>
> -Jack
>

> --
> Jack1981

Boy, did YOU **** up!

Steve

Senior Member

Location: WI

Oh, be nice.

I went over there and tried it. Typed in "dried anchos" because, I have so freakin' many. Lead me to the usual culprits, like tortilla soup. Still, it worked and I like the format.

I'll probably go back a bit more when the cool weather comes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Jack1981 > wrote:

> Hello everyone. I hope your evening is going well.
>
> I've spent the past week scouring the Internet for soup recipes. I think
> if I see or hear one more thing about soup I'm going to go crazy.
>
> What I would like is to get some feedback from you fine folks on this
> website I've buillt, SoupRecipePro.com . What do you like about it, hate
> about it, what do you think needs to be added to it, etc. Any and all
> critiques are more than welcome. I would very much appreciate and value
> your honest opinion - and whether or not it's something you think you
> would use.
>
> Basically the site revolves around the custom search engine I have
> built, and the fact that you can type in ingredients and press search
> and lots of recipes will show up with those ingredients in them. Do you
> think this is a useful site?
>
> THANK YOU!
>
> -Jack

I wouldn't use it - I like recipepuppy.com, cdkitchen.com,
epicurious.com, and really don't see a need for another. And if I
couldn't find anything that appealed to me on one of those sites (or
other similar sites), I'd ask here.

I notice that you are using another site's copyrighted image, too. I
hope you have permission to use it. The original site of the photo
says, "Do not reproduce any writings or images, in any electronic media
or print form, without written permission. . . ."

(How do you know yours is the world's largest soup database? Just
curious ‹ I'm always suspicious of grandiose statements like that.)

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jack1981 wrote:

> Hello everyone. I hope your evening is going well.

I hope yours is going badly, foodbanter asshole.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 06:55:58 -0700, Steve B wrote:

> Boy, did YOU **** up!
>
> Steve
>
> visit my hog at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqgj4...eature=related

I though you left?

From: Steve B >
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: How do you do it?
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 18:31:34 -0700

I mean, keep up with this newsgroup, and have any sort of
meaningful life?

I can't do it. My time required of other things is just too much.
When I open up this newsgroup, and see 16,000 posts, 14,999 by the
usual suspects, I just wonder what you people must do all day.
Well, I don't wonder, because I can see what it is you do all day.

Follow endless threads to their extinction. Argue about the price
of green beans in Minnesota vs. Kansas.

Gossip (a big chunk)

Bitch. (another big chunk)

I'm sorry. I just have to pass. I've got too much other life
going on.

Good luck, and my condolences.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jack1981" > wrote in message

> Hello everyone. I hope your evening is going well.
>
> I've spent the past week scouring the Internet for soup recipes. I think
> if I see or hear one more thing about soup I'm going to go crazy.
>
> What I would like is to get some feedback from you fine folks on this
> website I've buillt, SoupRecipePro.com . What do you like about it, hate
> about it, what do you think needs to be added to it, etc. Any and all
> critiques are more than welcome. I would very much appreciate and value
> your honest opinion - and whether or not it's something you think you
> would use.
>
> Basically the site revolves around the custom search engine I have
> built, and the fact that you can type in ingredients and press search
> and lots of recipes will show up with those ingredients in them. Do you
> think this is a useful site?
>
> THANK YOU!
>
> -Jack

Just what the world needs - a soupwebsite.

Ever Goggled the word recipe & see how many hits you get?

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 10:41:00 -0700, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>"Jack1981" > wrote in message

>Just what the world needs - a soupwebsite.

Actually they already exist and you don't get the "sponsored results"

See:

http://www.soupsong.com/index.html

Alex
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:00:37 -0700, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>I hope yours is going badly

Mark...you are just a basket full of hope and cheer!

Member

I'm not sure if your comment was directed at me..but...what is that soupsong website? It doesnt look like a recipe site.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melba's Jammin' View Post
In article ,
Jack1981
wrote:

[...]

Well, I guess you could call Google "the worlds largest soup recipe database" but their database includes....everything....so it's not really just a soup database.

As for the image issue, what image are you referring to?

Jack

Pitmasters, opinion please Janet B General Cooking 32 05-07-2016 01:39 PM
Second opinion sweety-shop General Cooking 2 29-12-2006 04:38 PM
RR , another opinion Puester General Cooking 2 29-10-2006 08:47 AM
OPINION ANYONE ? General Cooking 3 13-01-2006 12:30 AM
Opinion please... stewart General Cooking 35 19-12-2003 10:25 PM