Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dark Chocolate May Help Control Elevated Blood Pressure

<http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7015/8/39>
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jul 28, 2:52*pm, (Victor Sack) wrote:
> <http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7015/8/39>

any excuse is a good one ;-) So I have a piece (or two) each
evening!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 28, 4:52*pm, (Victor Sack) wrote:
> <http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7015/8/39>

Chocolate is a majic food. Many very subtle health benefits. Inn
moderation of course. Dark chocolate more than any other form, because
dark chocolate has more chocolate and less of everything that they put
in chocolate.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Ema Nymton > wrote:

> On 7/28/2010 7:27 PM, Omelet wrote:
> > In article<1jmd2ev.1xy5hhl1qrt2xmN%azazello@koroviev. de>,
> > (Victor Sack) wrote:
> >> <http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7015/8/39>

> > Mm, just the excuse I need... but I take a Beta blocker to control the
> > side effects of my thyroid meds. My average BP is now around 98/60.
> >
> > I might want to avoid dark chocolate.<sigh>
> >

> A few days ago you mentioned that your weight loss had stalled, and I
> was going to mention having your thyroid checked. I'm glad you did
> that. I was not able to find Armour thyroid for a few years, but I did
> find dessicated thyroid through another company. I have lost 30 pounds
> since May. Becca (who changed her addy to avoid trolls).

I've been unable to get Thyroid Armour. My Pharmacist is now
compounding a similar combination of T3/T4 for me. It's looking up a
bit now as my T4 is higher than it's been for years. ;-) Looks like his
prep is superior to the commercial item.

Time will tell.

And, thanks and congrats on the weight loss! 30 lbs. is a lot.

So where are you getting Dessicated Thyroid supplements?
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Victor Sack wrote:
> <http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7015/8/39>

Its a False Theory.

Neha
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 28, 7:27*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
> (Victor Sack) wrote:
>
> > <http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7015/8/39>

> Mm, just the excuse I need... but I take a Beta blocker to control the
> side effects of my thyroid meds. *My average BP is now around 98/60.
>
> I might want to avoid dark chocolate. <sigh>

Not at all. If you read the article, you'd see the following: "Our
meta-analysis of 15 trial arms suggests that dark chocolate and
flavanol-rich cocoa products are superior to placebo in reducing
systolic hypertension and diastolic prehypertension. However, flavanol-
rich cocoa products did not significantly reduce mean blood pressure
below 140 mmHg systolic or 80 mmHg diastolic."
> --
> Peace! Om

--Bryan