Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default avgolemono soup

On 7/27/2010 3:23 PM, l, not -l wrote:
> On 27-Jul-2010, Kate > wrote:
>
>> I used to make this really good Turkish soup that had eggs
>> in it. I can't recall the name. I'll have to look it up at
>> home. It's in one of my cookbooks or my card file. I tried
>> looking up "Turkish egg soup recipe" on google but all the
>> recipes I got were for "turkey" soups. LOL.
>>
>> Kate

> This is one of those cases where Bing is superior to Google; it turns up a
> lot of "Turkish egg soup" recipes.
> http://www.bing.com/search?q=Turkish+egg+soup+recipe

Yeah, but you still get the same sites I got from Google when
I just listed "Turkish recipes". The are lots of soup recipes
on most of these sites but not a single one that looks anything
like the soup I used to make. It was mainly broth and yogurt
and egg. As I recall it was sort of like a Turkish "egg drop soup".

I didn't get a chance to look it up at home last night. Maybe
tonight. I remember really liking it. I made it a number of
times but it's been many years. I keep getting new stuff to try
and old standards sometimes fall by the wayside. Sigh.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>Yeah, but you still get the same sites I got from Google when
>I just listed "Turkish recipes". The are lots of soup recipes
>on most of these sites but not a single one that looks anything
>like the soup I used to make. It was mainly broth and yogurt
>and egg. As I recall it was sort of like a Turkish "egg drop soup".
>
>I didn't get a chance to look it up at home last night. Maybe
>tonight. I remember really liking it. I made it a number of
>times but it's been many years. I keep getting new stuff to try
>and old standards sometimes fall by the wayside. Sigh.
>
>Kate

de-lurk

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Mak...basi-304224194

Is this it?

Annie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2010 10:41 AM, wrote:

>> Yeah, but you still get the same sites I got from Google when
>> I just listed "Turkish recipes". The are lots of soup recipes
>> on most of these sites but not a single one that looks anything
>> like the soup I used to make. It was mainly broth and yogurt
>> and egg. As I recall it was sort of like a Turkish "egg drop soup".
>>
>> I didn't get a chance to look it up at home last night. Maybe
>> tonight. I remember really liking it. I made it a number of
>> times but it's been many years. I keep getting new stuff to try
>> and old standards sometimes fall by the wayside. Sigh.
>>
>> Kate

> de-lurk

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Mak...basi-304224194

> Is this it?
>
> Annie

Nope. I forgot to look for it over the weekend. I'll try to
find it tonight. If I can remember. Sorry, getting senile.

Kate