Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.kids.health,alt.politics,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.walmart

Default Great Value (Walmart/Perdue) chicken nuggets recalled

On Jul 20, 3:50*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Jul 20, 12:38*pm, enough > wrote:
>
> >http://con.st/10009159(Consumeristblog article)

> Everything in Walmart shoudl be recalled...heck, Walmart should be
> recalled.

"ENOUGH" is a troll, dufus. PLONK!
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.kids.health,alt.politics,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.walmart

Bad week at summer school?

tmclone wrote:
> On Jul 20, 3:50 pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> > On Jul 20, 12:38 pm, enough > wrote:
> >
> > >http://con.st/10009159(Consumeristblog article)

> > Everything in Walmart shoudl be recalled...heck, Walmart should be
> > recalled.

> "ENOUGH" is a troll, dufus. PLONK!

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.politics,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On 9/2/2010 8:51 PM, zeez wrote:
> Bad week at summer school?
>
> tmclone wrote:

>>> Everything in Walmart shoudl be recalled...heck, Walmart should be
>>> recalled.

>> "ENOUGH" is a troll, dufus. PLONK!

We bought chicken breasts on two different occasions from two different
labels of China Marts recently. Both were processed, with natural
flavors and salt etc. We threw both purchases out after opening. The=y
may contain preservatives but the chicken smelled like an improperly
cleaned bird. They stunk.
We usually buy from a butcher that we trusted to be fresh until we
smelled chlorine bleach on some.
We don't have a reliable source for chicken now.
Beef from Sams Club is generally not processed, so far, and is from the USA.
There is one butcher, that I know of, about 30 miles away that I hope
can be counted on.
Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil abner[_2_] View Post
On 9/2/2010 8:51 PM, zeez wrote:
Bad week at summer school?

tmclone wrote:
On Jul 20, 3:50 pm, Chemo the wrote:
On Jul 20, 12:38 pm, wrote:

Perdue Recalls 90,000 Pounds Of Chicken Nuggets From Walmart Stores - The Consumerist article)

Everything in Walmart shoudl be recalled...heck, Walmart should be
recalled.

"ENOUGH" is a troll, dufus. PLONK!

We bought chicken breasts on two different occasions from two different
labels of China Marts recently. Both were processed, with natural
flavors and salt etc. We threw both purchases out after opening. The=y
may contain preservatives but the chicken smelled like an improperly
cleaned bird. They stunk.
We usually buy from a butcher that we trusted to be fresh until we
smelled chlorine bleach on some.
We don't have a reliable source for chicken now.
Beef from Sams Club is generally not processed, so far, and is from the USA.
There is one butcher, that I know of, about 30 miles away that I hope
can be counted on.
DITTO!

One day I was walking through the meat dept., as it was right when the "SuperCenter" carried groceries. Saw a big bag of leg quarters: 10 lbs./$5. Too good to be true? Yup. When I opened the bag, I could have thrown up. I will never purchase meat from Wal again.