Posted to misc.immigration.usa, alt.california, sac.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, rec.food.cooking

Default Mexican Feces Contaminated Cucumbers Sold By Walmart Recalled inSalmonella Outbreak

Walmart continues to try and murder Americans with substandard
products. Salmonella can live for weeks in contaminated
bathrooms.

A California distributor has begun recalling cucumbers imported
from Mexico after they were linked to a salmonella outbreak that
has killed one woman and sickened at least 285 others, health
officials said.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said the
cucumbers were most likely the cause of an outbreak of
salmonella poona that began July 3 and has reached 27 states.
The bacteria killed a 99-year-old San Diego woman and sent 53
people to the hospital, the federal agency said, and more than
half of those infected have been younger than 18.

The agency said multiple investigations had linked the outbreak
to cucumbers distributed by Andrew & Williamson Fresh Produce.
The company, based in San Diego, announced a recall on Friday
that covers cucumbers grown in northern Mexico and sold under
the company’s “Limited Edition” label from Aug. 1 to Thursday.
Consumers were advised to return the cucumbers or to dispose of
them.

“The safety and welfare of consumers is the highest priority for
our company,” Fred Williamson, the company president, said in a
statement. “We are taking all precautions possible to prevent
further consumption of this product and are working to learn if
and how these cucumbers are involved in the ongoing outbreak.”

The cucumbers were shipped to 22 states, 18 of which have
reported infections: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California,
Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota,
Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina,
Texas and Utah. Infections were also reported in Missouri,
Nebraska, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Virginia, Washington,
Wisconsin and Wyoming, though the products were not shipped to
those states. Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi and New Jersey also
received cucumber shipments, but health officials in those
states have not reported infections.

The San Diego woman was one of 19 cases reported in the county,
and 51 reported statewide as of Thursday, according to the C.D.C.

Arizona is among the hardest hit, with 66 cases reported in six
counties, according to the state’s Department of Health
Services. Of those, 75 percent have involved children 17 and
younger, the agency director, Dr. Cara M. Christ, said in a blog
post.

People who are infected with salmonella usually experience
diarrhea, fever and stomach cramps about 12 to 72 hours after
they eat something contaminated with the bacteria, Dr. Christ
said. Most people are sick for four to seven days and can get
better without treatment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/06/us...s-recalled-in-
salmonella-outbreak.html

Posted to misc.immigration.usa,alt.california,sac.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.food.cooking

"Halt Immigration" > wrote in message
> Walmart continues to try and murder Americans with substandard
> products. Salmonella can live for weeks in contaminated
> bathrooms.
>
> A California distributor has begun recalling cucumbers imported
> from Mexico after they were linked to a salmonella outbreak that
> has killed one woman and sickened at least 285 others, health
> officials said.
>
> The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said the
> cucumbers were most likely the cause of an outbreak of
> salmonella poona that began July 3 and has reached 27 states.
> The bacteria killed a 99-year-old San Diego woman and sent 53
> people to the hospital, the federal agency said, and more than
> half of those infected have been younger than 18.
>
> The agency said multiple investigations had linked the outbreak
> to cucumbers distributed by Andrew & Williamson Fresh Produce.
> The company, based in San Diego, announced a recall on Friday
> that covers cucumbers grown in northern Mexico and sold under
> the company's "Limited Edition" label from Aug. 1 to Thursday.
> Consumers were advised to return the cucumbers or to dispose of
> them.
>
> "The safety and welfare of consumers is the highest priority for
> our company," Fred Williamson, the company president, said in a
> statement. "We are taking all precautions possible to prevent
> further consumption of this product and are working to learn if
> and how these cucumbers are involved in the ongoing outbreak."
>
> The cucumbers were shipped to 22 states, 18 of which have
> reported infections: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California,
> Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota,
> Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina,
> Texas and Utah. Infections were also reported in Missouri,
> Nebraska, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Virginia, Washington,
> Wisconsin and Wyoming, though the products were not shipped to
> those states. Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi and New Jersey also
> received cucumber shipments, but health officials in those
> states have not reported infections.
>
> The San Diego woman was one of 19 cases reported in the county,
> and 51 reported statewide as of Thursday, according to the C.D.C.
>
> Arizona is among the hardest hit, with 66 cases reported in six
> counties, according to the state's Department of Health
> Services. Of those, 75 percent have involved children 17 and
> younger, the agency director, Dr. Cara M. Christ, said in a blog
> post.
>
> People who are infected with salmonella usually experience
> diarrhea, fever and stomach cramps about 12 to 72 hours after
> they eat something contaminated with the bacteria, Dr. Christ
> said. Most people are sick for four to seven days and can get
> better without treatment.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/06/us...s-recalled-in-
> salmonella-outbreak.html

It wasn't just Walmart. Many stores sold those cukes. I had a lovely one
in my fridge. I think I got it at Amazon which I did not see on the list of
stores that sold them but I took no chances and tossed it. I also did not
eat the cucumber that was on my lunch salad but my mom did and she's still
alive.