Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recent News Story Proclaiming Which Food is THE "Best in the World"!

"Bob Terwilliger" wrote
> Nasty blathered (I removed obnoxious, immature, and jejune cross-posting):

>> Just thought a few folk here MAY be interested in a recently published
>> news story with a headline which states "Thai food the best in the
>> world"...

> You were wrong.

I invited him to post a recipe for his favorite Thai but he's not bothered.
Just more spam to rec.knives. It all reads the same too. Even the one with
a 5 ingredient list that can almost only make Thai foods because you have to
use all 5 of them and nothing else.

If he was actually posting recipes, I wouldn't mind him. Heck, I post
plenty of Japanese ones, but I also post USA Southern and bits of other
things. The most recent Japan set was in reply to a request.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> "Bob Terwilliger" wrote
>> Nasty blathered (I removed obnoxious, immature, and jejune
>> cross-posting):

>>> Just thought a few folk here MAY be interested in a recently published
>>> news story with a headline which states "Thai food the best in the
>>> world"...

>> You were wrong.

> I invited him to post a recipe for his favorite Thai but he's not
> bothered. Just more spam to rec.knives. It all reads the same too. Even
> the one with a 5 ingredient list that can almost only make Thai foods
> because you have to use all 5 of them and nothing else.
>
> If he was actually posting recipes, I wouldn't mind him. Heck, I post
> plenty of Japanese ones, but I also post USA Southern and bits of other
> things. The most recent Japan set was in reply to a request.

I would have more respect for a person who wanted readers for his blog if he
just posted "I have a blog, please read it" than this crapola.
-g

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:39:52 -0400, cshenk wrote:

> "Bob Terwilliger" wrote
>> Nasty blathered (I removed obnoxious, immature, and jejune cross-posting):

>>> Just thought a few folk here MAY be interested in a recently published
>>> news story with a headline which states "Thai food the best in the
>>> world"...

>> You were wrong.

> I invited him to post a recipe for his favorite Thai but he's not bothered.
> Just more spam to rec.knives. It all reads the same too. Even the one with
> a 5 ingredient list that can almost only make Thai foods because you have to
> use all 5 of them and nothing else.
>
> If he was actually posting recipes, I wouldn't mind him. Heck, I post
> plenty of Japanese ones, but I also post USA Southern and bits of other
> things. The most recent Japan set was in reply to a request.

you post whatever kind of recipes you like, darlin'. unlike brian, you
don't seem bent on whipping the rest of us into shape.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" wrote
> cshenk wrote:

>> If he was actually posting recipes, I wouldn't mind him. Heck, I post
>> plenty of Japanese ones, but I also post USA Southern and bits of other
>> things. The most recent Japan set was in reply to a request.

> you post whatever kind of recipes you like, darlin'. unlike brian, you
> don't seem bent on whipping the rest of us into shape.

LOL! Yeah and mine are mostly 'on request' and tend to be many in one post.
Probably had about 40 (guessing) among the 3 posts for Peter in the Miso
thread when he asked for them. Scaled sets for variation and related both
to how to use miso and geaed around stomach surgery recovery. They work in
layers as he recovers starting from clear broths and winding up with a steak
type that you can sliver and eat cold from the fridge in small bits.

Meantime, Brian has made a hash of rec.knives. You can see the few
remaining folks struggling with spam filters. What's happening is many here
are forgetting to pull rec.knives out and so *we* are innocently spamming
them.