Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default tobacco

In the '50's, half gang: 2 tiers, 3 primers (pickers). No kiln
hanger.
Before lunch the tied sticks were hung by the primers who just got in
from the field. They chained up and hung up all the sticks.
Find this shit on the net assholes. I've a lot more knowledge
regarding tobacco. And how the tobacco farm slowly became more and
more automated. The elevator came into being sometime in the late
'50's or early 60's. It was basically an adjustable ramp with a
conveyor belt. The tied sticks were placed upon it and sent up to the
kiln hanger. He took the stick off, hung it, and waited for the next
one which was more than likely already there. You want to know about
my job at uniroyal; the #2 treadtuber? Or more knowlege about tobacco.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 9, 3:31*pm, A Moose In Love > wrote:
> In the '50's, half gang: *2 tiers, 3 primers (pickers). *No kiln
> hanger.
> Before lunch the tied sticks were hung by the primers who just got in
> from the field. *They chained up and hung up all the sticks.
> Find this shit on the net assholes. *I've a lot more knowledge
> regarding tobacco. *And how the tobacco farm slowly became more and
> more automated. *The elevator came into being sometime in the late
> '50's or early 60's. *It was basically an adjustable ramp with a
> conveyor belt. *The tied sticks were placed upon it and sent up to the
> kiln hanger. *He took the stick off, hung it, and waited for the next
> one which was more than likely already there. *You want to know about
> my job at uniroyal; the #2 treadtuber? *Or more knowlege about tobacco.

Oh what the heck...let's have more knowledge about tobacco.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 9, 6:57*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Jul 9, 3:31*pm, A Moose In Love > wrote:
>
> > In the '50's, half gang: *2 tiers, 3 primers (pickers). *No kiln
> > hanger.
> > Before lunch the tied sticks were hung by the primers who just got in
> > from the field. *They chained up and hung up all the sticks.
> > Find this shit on the net assholes. *I've a lot more knowledge
> > regarding tobacco. *And how the tobacco farm slowly became more and
> > more automated. *The elevator came into being sometime in the late
> > '50's or early 60's. *It was basically an adjustable ramp with a
> > conveyor belt. *The tied sticks were placed upon it and sent up to the
> > kiln hanger. *He took the stick off, hung it, and waited for the next
> > one which was more than likely already there. *You want to know about
> > my job at uniroyal; the #2 treadtuber? *Or more knowlege about tobacco.

> Oh what the heck...let's have more knowledge about tobacco.

The priming aid came in around 1973. The tying machine a few years
before that. The tying machine is one big assed mother ****ing sewing
machine. Leaves are put down, a stick is put down on top of it, and
leaves on top of the stick. Then the whole thing moves down and is
sewed up. When finished it is placed upon the elevator and sent up to
the kiln hanger. No more tier's needed.
The priming aid. Before the priming aid, the primers (pickers) used
to walk among the rows and pick leaves. When they had a good armful
they walked over to the boat (a sled drawn by a horse) and put in
their bundle of tobacco. and so on. When the priming aid came into
being, the horse was done. The primers sat upon a chair and the
machine moved through the fields. The primers picked leaves as they
were moving through the fields. Back in the '80's, there was an
autoprimer. No men needed. The machine moved through the fields,
guided by the pilot, and broke off appropriate leaves. No primers
needed. This method didn't catch on too much, because many of the
leaves became broken etc. And a broken tobacco leaf does not fetch as
much dinero as a non broken high quality one.
Need more info shithead? Don't hesitate to ask. My knowlege is more
important than that of a lawyer/accountant/non-hacker. I know how to
dig holes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2010 17:04, A Moose In Love wrote:
> I know how to dig holes.

We can see that.

<dammit, broke my own rule!>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 9, 4:04*pm, A Moose In Love > wrote:
> On Jul 9, 6:57*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
>

> > On Jul 9, 3:31*pm, A Moose In Love > wrote:

> > > In the '50's, half gang: *2 tiers, 3 primers (pickers). *No kiln
> > > hanger.
> > > Before lunch the tied sticks were hung by the primers who just got in
> > > from the field. *They chained up and hung up all the sticks.
> > > Find this shit on the net assholes. *I've a lot more knowledge
> > > regarding tobacco. *And how the tobacco farm slowly became more and
> > > more automated. *The elevator came into being sometime in the late
> > > '50's or early 60's. *It was basically an adjustable ramp with a
> > > conveyor belt. *The tied sticks were placed upon it and sent up to the
> > > kiln hanger. *He took the stick off, hung it, and waited for the next
> > > one which was more than likely already there. *You want to know about
> > > my job at uniroyal; the #2 treadtuber? *Or more knowlege about tobacco.

> > Oh what the heck...let's have more knowledge about tobacco.

> The priming aid came in around 1973. *The tying machine a few years
> before that. *The tying machine is one big assed mother ****ing sewing
> machine. *Leaves are put down, a stick is put down on top of it, and
> leaves on top of the stick. *Then the whole thing moves down and is
> sewed up. *When finished it is placed upon the elevator and sent up to
> the kiln hanger. *No more tier's needed.
> The priming aid. *Before the priming aid, the primers (pickers) used
> to walk among the rows and pick leaves. *When they had a good armful
> they walked over to the boat (a sled drawn by a horse) and put in
> their bundle of tobacco. *and so on. *When the priming aid came into
> being, the horse was done. *The primers sat upon a chair and the
> machine moved through the fields. *The primers picked leaves as they
> were moving through the fields. *Back in the '80's, there was an
> autoprimer. *No men needed. *The machine moved through the fields,
> guided by the pilot, and broke off appropriate leaves. *No primers
> needed. *This method didn't catch on too much, because many of the
> leaves became broken etc. *And a broken tobacco leaf does not fetch as
> much dinero as a non broken high quality one.
> Need more info shithead? *Don't hesitate to ask. *My knowlege is more
> important than that of a lawyer/accountant/non-hacker. *I know how to
> dig holes.

Sure, more info is good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 9, 7:11*pm, Pennyaline > wrote:
> On 7/9/2010 17:04, A Moose In Love wrote:
>
> > I know how to dig holes.

> We can see that.
>
> <dammit, broke my own rule!>

sorry ****. i respect them what's does man's work. not lawyers/
judges/politicians and their ilk. i've no use for them what's hands
is soft.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 9, 4:20*pm, A Moose In Love > wrote:
> On Jul 9, 7:11*pm, Pennyaline > wrote:
>
> > On 7/9/2010 17:04, A Moose In Love wrote:

> > > I know how to dig holes.

> > We can see that.

> > <dammit, broke my own rule!>

> sorry ****. *i respect them what's does man's work. *not lawyers/
> judges/politicians and their ilk. *i've no use for them what's hands
> is soft.

I'll bet you really like a well built man.....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"A Moose In Love" > wrote in message
> In the '50's, half gang: 2 tiers, 3 primers (pickers). No kiln
> hanger.
> Before lunch the tied sticks were hung by the primers who just got in
> from the field. They chained up and hung up all the sticks.
> Find this shit on the net assholes. I've a lot more knowledge
> regarding tobacco. And how the tobacco farm slowly became more and
> more automated. The elevator came into being sometime in the late
> '50's or early 60's. It was basically an adjustable ramp with a
> conveyor belt. The tied sticks were placed upon it and sent up to the
> kiln hanger. He took the stick off, hung it, and waited for the next
> one which was more than likely already there. You want to know about
> my job at uniroyal; the #2 treadtuber? Or more knowlege about tobacco.

ya know, as a tobacco smoker i recently came across some rolling tobacco
that was organic. american spirit. not cheap at all but i figure if i'm
going to smoke i don't want any crap added during the curing and cutting
process's.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 9, 4:20*pm, A Moose In Love > wrote:
> On Jul 9, 7:11*pm, Pennyaline > wrote:
>
> > On 7/9/2010 17:04, A Moose In Love wrote:

> > > I know how to dig holes.

> > We can see that.

> > <dammit, broke my own rule!>

> sorry ****. *i respect them what's does man's work. *not lawyers/
> judges/politicians and their ilk. *i've no use for them what's hands
> is soft.

Me thinks you needs some education. "them what's" ???????
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"parkstreetbooboo" (doubtless his father's pet name for him) wrote:

> i've no use for them what's hands is soft.

You wrote that using a computer in air-conditioned comfort. Your hands are
probably as soft as a baby's cheeks.

Hey, tell us about your MALARIA again! I love that story.

Bob