Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grater used by Ching-He Huang

That television cook on the BBC, Ching-He Huang used a long file like grater
for grating carrots etc. It seemed to grate really quickly and easily.

Does anyone know what make they are and where best to get them from in
London U.K.?
Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:22:35 +0100, "john hamilton"
> wrote:

> That television cook on the BBC, Ching-He Huang used a long file like grater
> for grating carrots etc. It seemed to grate really quickly and easily.
>
> Does anyone know what make they are and where best to get them from in
> London U.K.?
> Thanks.

We call them "Microplane" graters -
USA - http://www.thefind.com/search?query=...roplane+grater
UK - http://www.thefind.co.uk/query.php?q...roplane+grater
London -
http://www.completecookshop.co.uk/ki.../prod_105.html

Good luck!

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:22:35 +0100, "john hamilton"
> wrote:

>That television cook on the BBC, Ching-He Huang used a long file like grater
>for grating carrots etc. It seemed to grate really quickly and easily.
>
>Does anyone know what make they are and where best to get them from in
>London U.K.?
>Thanks.

Google => Images, search for grater.

Should help you out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

john hamilton wrote:

> That television cook on the BBC, Ching-He Huang used a long file like grater
> for grating carrots etc. It seemed to grate really quickly and easily.
>
> Does anyone know what make they are and where best to get them from in
> London U.K.?
> Thanks.

Microplane grater (aka wood rasp). John Lewis should have them, Jaeggi
or Page's in Shaftesbury Avenue, Divertimenti in Wigmore Street and
probably any of the Asian shops round Lisle or Gerrard Streets.

Alternatively go to your local decent DIY and get a fine-toothed wood
rasp, which is what we first got before we bought a 'real' microplane.

Cha Ching on Gutenberg Mal from Oz[_1_] Tea 3 01-05-2007 02:47 AM
Lung Ching magicleaf Tea 3 18-03-2007 03:25 PM
Dragon Brand Lung Ching Alex Krupp Tea 8 22-11-2005 10:11 AM
Oo-long: "Sorg Bor Charng Ching Tea" tamkatie Tea 4 16-03-2005 07:07 AM
Lung Ching/Long Jing Bluesea Tea 2 08-01-2005 11:21 PM