Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Cha Ching on Gutenberg

A Chinese version of Cha Ching (Cha Jing) by Lu Yu is on gutenberg.org

Uses Big5 encoding which Microsoft Word 2003 appears to handle. I don't read
Chinese so I can't verify how accurate the conversion was.

It is a .txt file but open it up in MS-Word you are asked whether you want
to convert using the Big5 encoding table.

Anyway, the link is here if anyone is interested...
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/7406

Cheers
Mal
Oz

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

aye thanks!
forgot to look on gutenberg for free tea books

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Can you please give details on how to open this in English. Thanks.
W.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Sure...

1. Download the text file to your HDD
2. Locate said file
3. Open Microsoft Word and use File->Open then select said .txt file.
(Ensure file type is set to .txt or *.* otherwise you won't see the file in
the displayed file list.
4. Now when I opened the .txt file in Word, Word automatically displayed
file the conversion dialog and asked me if I wanted to convert from Big 5. I
clicked OK and then off it went - file displayed in English.

There may be other ways, but this is what I did. I have MS Word 2003 with
XP SP2 and I keep my PC up to date with all the updates Uncle Bill throws at
me.

Cheers
Mal
Oz

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Can you please give details on how to open this in English. Thanks.
> W.

Grater used by Ching-He Huang john hamilton[_2_] General Cooking 3 19-06-2010 01:18 AM
Gutenberg cookbooks Tara General Cooking 1 27-03-2007 02:20 AM
Lung Ching magicleaf Tea 3 18-03-2007 04:25 PM
Oo-long: "Sorg Bor Charng Ching Tea" tamkatie Tea 4 16-03-2005 08:07 AM
Lung Ching/Long Jing Bluesea Tea 2 09-01-2005 12:21 AM