Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default r.f.c. food myths

OK, here's a start:

r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> OK, here's a start:
>
> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

LOL Good topic! (I definitely keep canned foods on hand. Not necessarily
for daily or even monthly use, but I always have some.)

#2 rfc'ers *never* buy fresh fruits or vegetables out of season.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:

> OK, here's a start:
>
> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.

Nonsense. My creamed spinach recipe is based
on a _generic_ canned soup. No Campbell's here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:

> ChattyCathy wrote:
>>
>> OK, here's a start:
>>
>> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't
>> find a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.

> Nonsense. My creamed spinach recipe is based
> on a _generic_ canned soup. No Campbell's here.

Balderdash.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/myth

Kindly pay special attention to point 2 b.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote on Mon, 31 May 2010 15:52:51 -0400:

> "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
>> OK, here's a start:
>>
>> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you
>> won't find a single one in any of their larders/stock
>> cupboards/kitchens. -- Cheers Chatty Cathy

> LOL Good topic! (I definitely keep canned foods on hand. Not
> necessarily for daily or even monthly use, but I always
> have some.)

> #2 rfc'ers *never* buy fresh fruits or vegetables out of
> season.

I have to admit that I do keep a few canned vegs: stewed tomatoes,
tomato *paste*, garbanzos, whole beets (for quick pickles), refried and
baked beans and some canned soups for a quick lunch (tomato mainly).
Vegs are hardly ever completely out of season tho' they can be expensive
and I don't find that corn that must travel any distance is very good.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> OK, here's a start:
>
> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.

Rare, yes, but not totally absent. <g>
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

#3 or meat that's not on sale.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2010 2:47 PM, ChattyCathy wrote:
> OK, here's a start:
>
> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.

It's the same with Kraft macaroni and cheese dinners and other
convenience foods isn't it? Then there's Spam.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 31, 4:33*pm, George Shirley > wrote:
> On 5/31/2010 2:47 PM, ChattyCathy wrote:
>
> > OK, here's a start:

> > r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
> > a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.

> It's the same with Kraft macaroni and cheese dinners and other
> convenience foods isn't it? Then there's Spam.

Oh heck, I buy Kraft mac-n-cheese. Granted it's basically for the
kids, but I sneak a bite once in a while.

Kris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> OK, here's a start:
>
> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

& they never eat Oscar Mayer Bologna either.
& they always make their own Mayonnaise.
& Miracle Whip is forbidden
& they never buy or use Jars of Prego or other spaghetti sauce from a jar.
& Velveeta is for white trash only
& they only use real butter & EVOO.
& Wonder Bread NEVER!
& no one has ever had a Dr. Pepper or RC Cola

:-)

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy > wrote:

> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.

A myth, as far as I am concerned. Whenever I have neither time nor
inclination to cook anything at all, I won't hesitate to open a can or
jar. Posted some nine years ago:

Come to Germany - it is a canned-soup paradise. There is many a canned
soup here that will beat a perfectly respectable home-made equivalent
into the ground. To the best of my knowledge, Germany is the only place
with a plethora of good canned soups. France, in contrast, is quite
hopeless in this respect - not that the French are losing any sleep over
it, I imagine. The funny thing is, even Campbell's Soup show themselves
as capable of producing good soups here - in a sense. They now own the
local producer, Erasco, which make some perfectly good soups.

There are also some rather good Polish-produced soups available here now
(such as mushroom-barley by Dworek), jarred rather than canned.

France may be hopeless in the canned soup department, but there are some
perfectly acceptable canned or jarred versions of cassoulet, confit, or
garbure (the latter may be considered a soup).

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> OK, here's a start:
>
> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.

Definitely a myth. I can eat canned cream of mushroom soup right out of
the can, and have admitted as much here. It's gross and trashy, and I
don't care. It's a rare thing, and we eat good, wholesome food most of
the time.

--
"I tend to come down on the side of autonomy. Once people are grown up,
I believe they have the right to go to hell in the handbasket of their
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
>> OK, here's a start:
>>
>> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
>> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy

> & they never eat Oscar Mayer Bologna either.
> & they always make their own Mayonnaise.
> & Miracle Whip is forbidden
> & they never buy or use Jars of Prego or other spaghetti sauce from a jar.
> & Velveeta is for white trash only
> & they only use real butter & EVOO.
> & Wonder Bread NEVER!
> & no one has ever had a Dr. Pepper or RC Cola
>

> :-)
>
> Dimitri

Do you drop 'salt peanuts' in that RC? It's a Suth'rin thang, ya know.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2010 15:23:58 -0700, Serene Vannoy
> wrote:

>ChattyCathy wrote:
>> OK, here's a start:
>>
>> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
>> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.

>Definitely a myth. I can eat canned cream of mushroom soup right out of
>the can, and have admitted as much here. It's gross and trashy, and I
>don't care. It's a rare thing, and we eat good, wholesome food most of
>the time.

I used to do that with bean bacon soup when I was a kid. I think I'll
buy some and try it again, I'm curious.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 05/31/10
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 31 May 2010 15:23:58 -0700, Serene Vannoy
> > wrote:
>
>>ChattyCathy wrote:
>>> OK, here's a start:
>>>
>>> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
>>> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.

>>Definitely a myth. I can eat canned cream of mushroom soup right out of
>>the can, and have admitted as much here. It's gross and trashy, and I
>>don't care. It's a rare thing, and we eat good, wholesome food most of
>>the time.

> I used to do that with bean bacon soup when I was a kid. I think I'll
> buy some and try it again, I'm curious.
>
> koko

My from-the-can soup was Campbell's Pepper Pot. Cold.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Felice wrote:

> My from-the-can soup was Campbell's Pepper Pot. Cold.

My sister loved that stuff. She hogged it all, though, so I actually
never tasted it. I didn't like most of their soups, but either tomato
(made with milk and/or water) and cream of mushroom (either straight
from the can or with milk, cold or hot) were my faves.

These days, Campbell's tomato is way too sweet for me, so I usually make
it myself, but I do keep a can or two around for the occasional
nostalgia need (grilled cheese and).

Serene

--
"I tend to come down on the side of autonomy. Once people are grown up,
I believe they have the right to go to hell in the handbasket of their
choosing." -- Pat Kight, on alt.polyamory
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> OK, here's a start:
>
> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.

Okay: rfc-ers have freezers full of beef, veal, chicken, pork,
vegetarian, and shellfish stock and would never, ever use canned,
bottled, or powdered stocks.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Felice > wrote:

>"koko" > wrote in message

>> > wrote:

>>>Definitely a myth.

I think the statement above is not accurate.

What's closer to the truth is many RFC people twitch at the
idea of throwing a can of soup into some larger recipe that
involves lots of effort and fresh ingredients. That's quite
different from not wanting to eat a can of soup.

>>>I can eat canned cream of mushroom soup right out of
>>>the can, and have admitted as much here. It's gross and trashy, and I
>>>don't care. It's a rare thing, and we eat good, wholesome food most of
>>>the time.

>> I used to do that with bean bacon soup when I was a kid. I think I'll
>> buy some and try it again, I'm curious.

>My from-the-can soup was Campbell's Pepper Pot. Cold.

I've never eaten a condensed soup straight from the can.

A non-condensed soup, such as a can of lentil soup, sure.
I also sometimes eat canned veg. chili, or a plain can
of beans unheated.

This is usually late at night when I don't want to wake
other people up by banging around in the kitchen, heating
up food.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gloria.p > wrote:

>ChattyCathy wrote:

>> OK, here's a start:

>> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
>> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.

>Okay: rfc-ers have freezers full of beef, veal, chicken, pork,
>vegetarian, and shellfish stock and would never, ever use canned,
>bottled, or powdered stocks.

I never use canned, powdered, or bottled stocks. However the
only stock in my freezer is vegetable stock. Much as I
sometimes enjoy things made with other stocks I don't
feel the strong compulsion to prepare them at home.

I can wait for my next trip to Montreal before having
veal-stock-based poutine again, and I'm happy to have
the occassional bisque when in a restaurant. (But
I do make chowders.)

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote:

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
> > "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> >> OK, here's a start:
> >>
> >> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
> >> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.
> >> --
> >> Cheers
> >> Chatty Cathy

> > & they never eat Oscar Mayer Bologna either.
> > & they always make their own Mayonnaise.
> > & Miracle Whip is forbidden
> > & they never buy or use Jars of Prego or other spaghetti sauce from a jar.
> > & Velveeta is for white trash only
> > & they only use real butter & EVOO.
> > & Wonder Bread NEVER!
> > & no one has ever had a Dr. Pepper or RC Cola
> >

> > :-)
> >
> > Dimitri
> >

> Do you drop 'salt peanuts' in that RC? It's a Suth'rin thang, ya know.
> -ginny

I thought RC Cola was what you drank to wash down Moon Pies if sweet tea
wasn't available. Another Suthun thang.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> OK, here's a start:
>
> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.

RFC'ers do not make the following:

Green bean casserole (the one with canned green beans, cream of mushroom
soup, and french-fried onions)
Lipton onion soup dip
Mashed potatoes from instant flakes
Mock apple pie using Ritz crackers

Boiled ribs (exception made for our late Moosemeat)

OB Food that we did make: Yesterday the SO made ribs on the grill and
slathered them with a sauce made from cherry preserves. Tonight we had
the leftovers. Alongside the ribs I roasted some garlic scapes and made
a quinoa and produce bin odds and ends salad.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Fuller wrote:

> In article >,
> "Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote:

> > won't find >> a single one in any of their larders/stock
> > cupboards/kitchens. >> --
> > >

> > > & they never eat Oscar Mayer Bologna either.
> > > & they always make their own Mayonnaise.
> > > & Miracle Whip is forbidden
> > > & they never buy or use Jars of Prego or other spaghetti sauce
> > > from a jar. & Velveeta is for white trash only
> > > & they only use real butter & EVOO.
> > > & Wonder Bread NEVER!
> > > & no one has ever had a Dr. Pepper or RC Cola
> > >

> > > :-)
> > >
> > > Dimitri
> > >

> > Do you drop 'salt peanuts' in that RC? It's a Suth'rin thang, ya
> > know. -ginny

> I thought RC Cola was what you drank to wash down Moon Pies if sweet
> tea wasn't available. Another Suthun thang.

It's easily available in Minneapolis, which is not usually considered
part of the South.

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Fuller wrote:
> In article >,
> ChattyCathy > wrote:
>
>> OK, here's a start:
>>
>> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
>> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.

> RFC'ers do not make the following:
>
> Green bean casserole (the one with canned green beans, cream of mushroom
> soup, and french-fried onions)

I've made it, but I don't get what the big deal is about it. I didn't
grow up with it, though, so there's no nostalgia to it. My mom always
just boiled fresh green beans and tossed them with butter and salt. She
and I would also eat them raw while I was prepping them (I was mom's
prep cook from an early age).

> Lipton onion soup dip

Love the stuff. Always have. But now I make a version with dried onions
and either beef Better than Buillon or oyster sauce, and we like that
better. Plus, it means I don't have to keep onion soup mix on hand; the
other stuff is always in my cupboards.

> Mashed potatoes from instant flakes

I can't get past the texture of those.

> Mock apple pie using Ritz crackers

Never tried it.

> Boiled ribs (exception made for our late Moosemeat)

James's ribs are ALWAYS boiled/simmered first, in water enriched with
molasses. Then he bakes them. Yeah, it's not real barbecue, but it's
real TASTY, and that's what counts.

> OB Food that we did make: Yesterday the SO made ribs on the grill and
> slathered them with a sauce made from cherry preserves. Tonight we had
> the leftovers. Alongside the ribs I roasted some garlic scapes and made
> a quinoa and produce bin odds and ends salad.

Yumyumyum!!!

We had sandwiches for dinner tonight. Mine was mortadella, cheese (Kraft
Singles, so there, food snobs!), mayo (store-bought), tomato, romaine
lettuce, salt, and pepper. It was quite nice, with an apple to go with.

Serene
--
"I tend to come down on the side of autonomy. Once people are grown up,
I believe they have the right to go to hell in the handbasket of their
choosing." -- Pat Kight, on alt.polyamory
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ranée at Arabian Knits" wrote:

> & Miracle Whip is forbidden

True.

> & they never buy or use Jars of Prego or other spaghetti sauce from
> a jar.

True.

>> & Velveeta is for white trash only

Interesting comment.

>> & they only use real butter & EVOO.

Add peanut oil for the wok and lard for pie crusts.

> & Wonder Bread NEVER!

Rubbish. Gotta love W/B.

> I love RC. I don't drink it often. It is my favorite soda,
> though.

Don't drink sugar water.

Lew

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"gloria.p" > wrote:

> ChattyCathy wrote:
> > OK, here's a start:
> >
> > r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
> > a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.

> Okay: rfc-ers have freezers full of beef, veal, chicken, pork,
> vegetarian, and shellfish stock and would never, ever use canned,
> bottled, or powdered stocks.
>
> gloria p

Right. <g>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Cindy Fuller > wrote:

> In article >,
> "Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote:

> > > & they never eat Oscar Mayer Bologna either.
> > > & they always make their own Mayonnaise.
> > > & Miracle Whip is forbidden
> > > & they never buy or use Jars of Prego or other spaghetti sauce from a jar.
> > > & Velveeta is for white trash only
> > > & they only use real butter & EVOO.
> > > & Wonder Bread NEVER!
> > > & no one has ever had a Dr. Pepper or RC Cola
> > >

> > > :-)
> > >
> > > Dimitri
> > >

> > Do you drop 'salt peanuts' in that RC? It's a Suth'rin thang, ya know.
> > -ginny

> I thought RC Cola was what you drank to wash down Moon Pies if sweet tea
> wasn't available. Another Suthun thang.
>
> Cindy

You forgot the Velveeta... ;-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dan Goodman" > wrote:

> > > Do you drop 'salt peanuts' in that RC? It's a Suth'rin thang, ya
> > > know. -ginny

> > I thought RC Cola was what you drank to wash down Moon Pies if sweet
> > tea wasn't available. Another Suthun thang.

> It's easily available in Minneapolis, which is not usually considered
> part of the South.
>

> --
> Dan Goodman

I thought that was Tab?
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Serene Vannoy > wrote:

> > Mashed potatoes from instant flakes

> I can't get past the texture of those.

Camping food!!!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
>,
Ranée at Arabian Knits > wrote:

> > Lipton onion soup dip

> I made this once and was disappointed.

Prolly 'cause you didn't mix it with sour cream!
It's only good for a chip dip. ;-d
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:

> Felice > wrote:

> I think the statement above is not accurate.

It wasn't supposed to be; we're talking about food "myths" here where
myth = an unfounded or false notion

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message

>> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't
>> find>> a single one in any of their

Did they exist I would have some.

> & they never eat Oscar Mayer Bologna either.
> & they always make their own Mayonnaise.
> & Miracle Whip is forbidden
> & they never buy or use Jars of Prego or other spaghetti sauce from a jar.
> & Velveeta is for white trash only
> & they only use real butter & EVOO.
> & Wonder Bread NEVER!
> & no one has ever had a Dr. Pepper or RC Cola

right
almost always
too right, nasty stuff!
right
I like it in that Mexican dip stuff
right
Hmmm, it's been a while. It must be good for something?
I have not. I tasted a Dr. Pepper and thought it awful.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
>> OK, here's a start:
>>
>> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
>> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy

> & they never eat Oscar Mayer Bologna either.
> & they always make their own Mayonnaise.
> & Miracle Whip is forbidden
> & they never buy or use Jars of Prego or other spaghetti sauce from a jar.
> & Velveeta is for white trash only
> & they only use real butter & EVOO.
> & Wonder Bread NEVER!
> & no one has ever had a Dr. Pepper or RC Cola
>

> :-)
>
> Dimitri

Oscar Mayer Bologna is nasty

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> OK, here's a start:
>
> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Cream of chicken, Cream of mushroom, Cream of celery for mixing-not for
eating.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
> Cindy Fuller wrote:
>
>> In article >,

>> > won't find >> a single one in any of their larders/stock
>> > cupboards/kitchens. >> --

>> > Do you drop 'salt peanuts' in that RC? It's a Suth'rin thang, ya
>> > know. -ginny

>> I thought RC Cola was what you drank to wash down Moon Pies if sweet
>> tea wasn't available. Another Suthun thang.

> It's easily available in Minneapolis, which is not usually considered
> part of the South.
>

> --
> Dan Goodman
> "I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."
> Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Expire
> Journal dsgood.dreamwidth.org (livejournal.com, insanejournal.com)

Oh, RC is nationwide, but dumping the peanuts in it *isn't*. Tom's or
Lance's brand of salted peanuts preferred.
-g

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote:

> RC is nationwide, but dumping the peanuts in it *isn't*. Tom's or
> Lance's brand of salted peanuts preferred.

What do you do then? Drink the cola? Dredge the nuts out and eat them?
Both?

--
Julian Vrieslander

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Of course, RFC'ers would never purchase or consume frozen entrees (or
"frozen entrails" as Cindy calls them).

Note #1: For purposes of this myth, frozen entrails are defined as any
prepared meal that goes directly from freezer to microwave to feed some
lazy schlub who does not take the time and effort to prepare a proper
repast from scratch, using organic, locally sourced, nutritious
ingredients, exquisitely seasoned, using superb technique.

Note #2: Brand does not matter. For purpose of this myth, Banquet =
Hungry Man = Claimjumper = Stouffer's = Lean Cuisine = Wolfgang Puck
(aka "Woof, Gag, Puke"). They are all just TV Dinners.

We are all pure, right?

--
Julian Vrieslander
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2010 2:03 AM, Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> Cindy > wrote:

>>> Do you drop 'salt peanuts' in that RC? It's a Suth'rin thang, ya know.
>>> -ginny

>> I thought RC Cola was what you drank to wash down Moon Pies if sweet tea
>> wasn't available. Another Suthun thang.
>>
>> Cindy

> You forgot the Velveeta... ;-)

Since you brought this back up :-)

The one thing I always have on hand for when I'm in the mood for... is
beets.

I have two cans of sliced beets in the cupboard, and one in the fridge.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2010 6:25 AM, Kswck wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> OK, here's a start:
>>
>> r.f.c.-ers generally *abhor* canned soups of any kind and you won't find
>> a single one in any of their larders/stock cupboards/kitchens.
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy

> Cream of chicken, Cream of mushroom, Cream of celery for mixing-not for
> eating.

I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for this thread.

You made me smile on several points.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote on Tue, 01 Jun 2010 10:05:12 +0200:

>> Felice > wrote:

>> I think the statement above is not accurate.

> It wasn't supposed to be; we're talking about food "myths"
> here where myth = an unfounded or false notion

From how you say it, I guess that you are aware that a myth can have
other meanings. The primary definition, according to the Oxford English
Dictionary, is:

"A traditional story, typically involving supernatural beings or
forces, which embodies and provides an explanation, aetiology, or
justification for something such as the early history of a society, a
religious belief or ritual, or a natural phenomenon."

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

7 Steak Myths jr-bod Barbecue 3 14-06-2013 09:45 PM
Myths About Colonoscopy Mark Thorson General Cooking 55 02-04-2011 03:54 PM
Snopes and food Myths Pits09 General Cooking 0 23-08-2009 07:48 AM
<<<<<<<<<<<more myths>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> [email protected] General Cooking 0 10-12-2007 03:40 AM
15 myths of "veganism" Jonathan Ball Vegan 0 14-01-2004 09:50 PM