Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default White House Dinner for Mexican President

In article >,
George Leppla > wrote:

> You want to stop illegal immigration... it is easy to do. Make it
> against the law to hire illegals. Put any businessman who hires
> illegals in jail. Employment of illegals would stop immediately.

Arizona is working on that.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-D13CA5.21001722052010
@news-wc.giganews.com:

> In article >,
> George Leppla > wrote:
>
>> You want to stop illegal immigration... it is easy to do. Make it
>> against the law to hire illegals. Put any businessman who hires
>> illegals in jail. Employment of illegals would stop immediately.

> Arizona is working on that.

I saw a pic recently of a protest concert against Arizonas (such and such)
law...... which said something about illegals.

I remember looking at it and thinking it was taken in the Philippines, or
South America........ because there wasn't one white face amongst the whole
crowd!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

I was having dinner with my boss and his wife and she said to me, "How

many potatoes would you like Peter?". I said "Ooh, I'll just have one

please". She said "It's OK, you don't have to be polite" "Alright" I

said "I'll just have one then, you stupid cow".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"." > wrote in
:

> Omelet > wrote in
> newsmpomelet-D13CA5.21001722052010 @news-wc.giganews.com:
>
>> In article >,
>> George Leppla > wrote:
>>
>>> You want to stop illegal immigration... it is easy to do. Make it
>>> against the law to hire illegals. Put any businessman who hires
>>> illegals in jail. Employment of illegals would stop immediately.

>> Arizona is working on that.

> I saw a pic recently of a protest concert against Arizonas (such and
> such) law...... which said something about illegals.
>
> I remember looking at it and thinking it was taken in the Philippines,
> or South America........ because there wasn't one white face amongst the
> whole crowd!!

LOL!! Tried to find it again, but only found a reference to it.

The concert was held in Mexico City's Zócalo, or main square.

Mexicans...... protesting against a law that will try and stop their
illegal activities..... you gotta luv it!! :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

I was having dinner with my boss and his wife and she said to me, "How

many potatoes would you like Peter?". I said "Ooh, I'll just have one

please". She said "It's OK, you don't have to be polite" "Alright" I

said "I'll just have one then, you stupid cow".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:

>The concert was held in Mexico City's Zócalo, or main square.
>
>Mexicans...... protesting against a law that will try and stop their
>illegal activities..... you gotta luv it!! :-)

So you expect them to roll over and do nothing when one-third
of their country has been snatched from them by an agressor?

You don't know much about human nature. Recall the Serbs
tried to reclaim Kosovo when they hadn't controlled it
for 800 years or so. Ask any Serb and they think Kosovo
is still theirs.

Nobody expects sovereignity to revert to Mexico, except for
a few Aztlan extremists, but it is a fundamental part of
U.S. / Mexican relations that the U.S. cannot mistreat Mexicans who
are in the southwestern U.S., and this has been true for 160 years.
This is why the Arizona attitude is going nowhere.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

(Steve Pope) wrote in news:hta58g$pp8$4
@blue.rahul.net:

> > wrote:
>
>>The concert was held in Mexico City's Zócalo, or main square.
>>
>>Mexicans...... protesting against a law that will try and stop their
>>illegal activities..... you gotta luv it!! :-)

> So you expect them to roll over and do nothing when one-third
> of their country has been snatched from them by an agressor?

Was that a recent development??

Must have happened while I was away on holidays..... I never heard
anything about it.

> You don't know much about human nature. Recall the Serbs
> tried to reclaim Kosovo when they hadn't controlled it
> for 800 years or so. Ask any Serb and they think Kosovo
> is still theirs.

It has a lot to do with the 'base' mentality.

> Nobody expects sovereignity to revert to Mexico, except for
> a few Aztlan extremists, but it is a fundamental part of
> U.S. / Mexican relations that the U.S. cannot mistreat Mexicans who
> are in the southwestern U.S., and this has been true for 160 years.
> This is why the Arizona attitude is going nowhere.

Hey!! I have no problem with Mexicans living anywhere, so long as they do
it the legal way, get papers/green card, and then accept US citizenship(or
whatever country they go to).

I had to do it when I married a US citizen.... I also had to enter the
country *legally* to do it.

California is 3/4 Mexican now, and English is the second language there,
just imagine what it would be like if *every* illegal was sent back home.

As for "mistreating Mexicans" by asking for their proof of citizenship....
I've had to show proof of citizenship in just about every country I have
ever visited...... I don't have a problem with it, and would never say I
was being "mistreated" because of it. I'll leave those sort of sentiments
to the bleeding heart tree huggers.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

I was having dinner with my boss and his wife and she said to me, "How

many potatoes would you like Peter?". I said "Ooh, I'll just have one

please". She said "It's OK, you don't have to be polite" "Alright" I

said "I'll just have one then, you stupid cow".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"." > wrote:

> "." > wrote in
> :
>
> > Omelet > wrote in
> > newsmpomelet-D13CA5.21001722052010 @news-wc.giganews.com:

> >> Arizona is working on that.

> > I saw a pic recently of a protest concert against Arizonas (such and
> > such) law...... which said something about illegals.
> >
> > I remember looking at it and thinking it was taken in the Philippines,
> > or South America........ because there wasn't one white face amongst the
> > whole crowd!!
> >

> LOL!! Tried to find it again, but only found a reference to it.
>
> The concert was held in Mexico City's Zócalo, or main square.
>
> Mexicans...... protesting against a law that will try and stop their
> illegal activities..... you gotta luv it!! :-)

Are you surprised? I understand that Australia and England have their
own illegal immigrant woes.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-7B3F8F.22005122052010
@news-wc.giganews.com:

>> LOL!! Tried to find it again, but only found a reference to it.
>>
>> The concert was held in Mexico City's Zócalo, or main square.
>>
>> Mexicans...... protesting against a law that will try and stop their
>> illegal activities..... you gotta luv it!! :-)

> Are you surprised?

That Mexico City would stage a 'protest concert' decrying another
countries laws that will try and stamp out Mexicans illegal
activities...... yes, I was a tad suprised.

It must be written into the Mexican Constitution that every citizen must
try and become a 'wetback'.

> I understand that Australia and England have their
> own illegal immigrant woes.

We have visa 'over-stayers'........ but no real illegal immigration per
se.

Well, apart from the bloody 'boat people' coming out here and setting
themselves on fire to gain resident status.

And the visa over stayers are constantly hounded, and found, and deported.
I can tell you here and now, if any Aussies got wind of any 'illegals' in
their area, a very quick phone call would be made to the relevant
authorities.

England is the one with the real problem.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

I was having dinner with my boss and his wife and she said to me, "How

many potatoes would you like Peter?". I said "Ooh, I'll just have one

please". She said "It's OK, you don't have to be polite" "Alright" I

said "I'll just have one then, you stupid cow".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"." > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-7B3F8F.22005122052010
> @news-wc.giganews.com:
>

> >> LOL!! Tried to find it again, but only found a reference to it.
> >>
> >> The concert was held in Mexico City's Zócalo, or main square.
> >>
> >> Mexicans...... protesting against a law that will try and stop their
> >> illegal activities..... you gotta luv it!! :-)

> > Are you surprised?

> That Mexico City would stage a 'protest concert' decrying another
> countries laws that will try and stamp out Mexicans illegal
> activities...... yes, I was a tad suprised.

I'm not. Some people have this sense of entitlement.
I guess it's hard to understand if you are not afflicted with it.

> It must be written into the Mexican Constitution that every citizen must
> try and become a 'wetback'.

<snork>

> > I understand that Australia and England have their
> > own illegal immigrant woes.

> We have visa 'over-stayers'........ but no real illegal immigration per
> se.
>
> Well, apart from the bloody 'boat people' coming out here and setting
> themselves on fire to gain resident status.
>
> And the visa over stayers are constantly hounded, and found, and deported.
> I can tell you here and now, if any Aussies got wind of any 'illegals' in
> their area, a very quick phone call would be made to the relevant
> authorities.
>
> England is the one with the real problem.

So I have read. ;-(
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> "." > wrote:
>
> > Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-7B3F8F.22005122052010
> > @news-wc.giganews.com:

> > > Are you surprised?

> > That Mexico City would stage a 'protest concert' decrying another
> > countries laws that will try and stamp out Mexicans illegal
> > activities...... yes, I was a tad suprised.

> I'm not. Some people have this sense of entitlement.
> I guess it's hard to understand if you are not afflicted with it.
>

> > It must be written into the Mexican Constitution that every citizen must
> > try and become a 'wetback'.

> <snork>
> >

> > > I understand that Australia and England have their
> > > own illegal immigrant woes.

> > We have visa 'over-stayers'........ but no real illegal immigration per
> > se.
> >
> > Well, apart from the bloody 'boat people' coming out here and setting
> > themselves on fire to gain resident status.
> >
> > And the visa over stayers are constantly hounded, and found, and deported.
> > I can tell you here and now, if any Aussies got wind of any 'illegals' in
> > their area, a very quick phone call would be made to the relevant
> > authorities.
> >
> > England is the one with the real problem.

> So I have read. ;-(
> --

It's true. There are a lot of American and Canadian visa overstayers in
the UK. They take jobs from Britons

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2010 03:19:44 GMT, . wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-7B3F8F.22005122052010
> @news-wc.giganews.com:
>

>>> LOL!! Tried to find it again, but only found a reference to it.
>>>
>>> The concert was held in Mexico City's Zócalo, or main square.
>>>
>>> Mexicans...... protesting against a law that will try and stop their
>>> illegal activities..... you gotta luv it!! :-)

>> Are you surprised?

> That Mexico City would stage a 'protest concert' decrying another
> countries laws that will try and stamp out Mexicans illegal
> activities...... yes, I was a tad suprised.
>
> It must be written into the Mexican Constitution that every citizen must
> try and become a 'wetback'.
>
>> I understand that Australia and England have their
>> own illegal immigrant woes.

> We have visa 'over-stayers'........ but no real illegal immigration per
> se.
>
> Well, apart from the bloody 'boat people' coming out here and setting
> themselves on fire to gain resident status.
>
> And the visa over stayers are constantly hounded, and found, and deported.
> I can tell you here and now, if any Aussies got wind of any 'illegals' in
> their area, a very quick phone call would be made to the relevant
> authorities.
>
> England is the one with the real problem.

everyone looks to australia as the leader in solving racial problems.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2010 22:00:51 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> "." > wrote:
>
>> "." > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Omelet > wrote in
>>> newsmpomelet-D13CA5.21001722052010 @news-wc.giganews.com:

>>> I saw a pic recently of a protest concert against Arizonas (such and
>>> such) law...... which said something about illegals.
>>>
>>> I remember looking at it and thinking it was taken in the Philippines,
>>> or South America........ because there wasn't one white face amongst the
>>> whole crowd!!
>>>

>> LOL!! Tried to find it again, but only found a reference to it.
>>
>> The concert was held in Mexico City's Zócalo, or main square.
>>
>> Mexicans...... protesting against a law that will try and stop their
>> illegal activities..... you gotta luv it!! :-)

> Are you surprised? I understand that Australia and England have their
> own illegal immigrant woes.

well, really, shouldn't the invisible hand of the market be taking care of
that?

oh, wait - it is. the invisible hand likes that cheap labor.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2010 02:44:28 GMT, . wrote:

> "." > wrote in
> :
>
>> Omelet > wrote in
>> newsmpomelet-D13CA5.21001722052010 @news-wc.giganews.com:

>>> Arizona is working on that.

>> I saw a pic recently of a protest concert against Arizonas (such and
>> such) law...... which said something about illegals.
>>
>> I remember looking at it and thinking it was taken in the Philippines,
>> or South America........ because there wasn't one white face amongst the
>> whole crowd!!
>>

> LOL!! Tried to find it again, but only found a reference to it.
>
> The concert was held in Mexico City's Zócalo, or main square.
>
> Mexicans...... protesting against a law that will try and stop their
> illegal activities..... you gotta luv it!! :-)

we must by all means keep mexicans out of mexico city.

i swear to christ, they're taking over!

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2010 02:39:15 GMT, "."
> wrote:

>Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-D13CA5.21001722052010
:

>> In article >,
>> George Leppla > wrote:
>>
>>> You want to stop illegal immigration... it is easy to do. Make it
>>> against the law to hire illegals. Put any businessman who hires
>>> illegals in jail. Employment of illegals would stop immediately.

>> Arizona is working on that.

>I saw a pic recently of a protest concert against Arizonas (such and such)
>law...... which said something about illegals.
>
>I remember looking at it and thinking it was taken in the Philippines, or
>South America........ because there wasn't one white face amongst the whole
>crowd!!

Coulda been many US cities... Washington DC fer instance. LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2010 11:01:52 -0400, brooklyn1 wrote:

> On Sun, 23 May 2010 02:39:15 GMT, "."
> > wrote:
>
>>Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-D13CA5.21001722052010
:

>>> Arizona is working on that.

>>I saw a pic recently of a protest concert against Arizonas (such and such)
>>law...... which said something about illegals.
>>
>>I remember looking at it and thinking it was taken in the Philippines, or
>>South America........ because there wasn't one white face amongst the whole
>>crowd!!

> Coulda been many US cities... Washington DC fer instance. LOL

astonishingly enough, white people are permitted to live in d.c. without
being required to produce their papers.

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2010 02:39:15 GMT, . wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-D13CA5.21001722052010
> @news-wc.giganews.com:
>
>> In article >,
>> George Leppla > wrote:
>>
>>> You want to stop illegal immigration... it is easy to do. Make it
>>> against the law to hire illegals. Put any businessman who hires
>>> illegals in jail. Employment of illegals would stop immediately.

>> Arizona is working on that.

> I saw a pic recently of a protest concert against Arizonas (such and such)
> law...... which said something about illegals.
>
> I remember looking at it and thinking it was taken in the Philippines, or
> South America........ because there wasn't one white face amongst the whole
> crowd!!

omgomg!!! brown faces at an anti-racist rally!!!!

really, the nerve of these people.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake wrote:

>> I remember looking at it and thinking it was taken in the Philippines, or
>> South America........ because there wasn't one white face amongst the
>> whole
>> crowd!!

> omgomg!!! brown faces at an anti-racist rally!!!!
>
> really, the nerve of these people.

As mentioned already, the rally was in Mexico City.
And the word is "uppity."

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> George Leppla > wrote:
>
>> You want to stop illegal immigration... it is easy to do. Make it
>> against the law to hire illegals. Put any businessman who hires
>> illegals in jail. Employment of illegals would stop immediately.

That has been done and success is limited. When you hire someone you must
fill out an I-9 form and the onus is on the employer. There are laws
against robbing convenience stores and J-walking too. They don't seem to be
100% effective either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> > George Leppla > wrote:
> >
> >> You want to stop illegal immigration... it is easy to do. Make it
> >> against the law to hire illegals. Put any businessman who hires
> >> illegals in jail. Employment of illegals would stop immediately.

> That has been done and success is limited. When you hire someone you must
> fill out an I-9 form and the onus is on the employer. There are laws
> against robbing convenience stores and J-walking too. They don't seem to be
> 100% effective either.

I had to bring my birth certificate to Orientation at my last job.

And I'm very white!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2010 23:07:54 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,

>> That has been done and success is limited. When you hire someone you must
>> fill out an I-9 form and the onus is on the employer. There are laws
>> against robbing convenience stores and J-walking too. They don't seem to be
>> 100% effective either.

> I had to bring my birth certificate to Orientation at my last job.
>
> And I'm very white!

boo the **** hoo.

how many of you very white people can lay your hands on your birth
certificate? (i have mine, but that's mostly a fluke. and you know what?
it says at the top 'certificate of live birth.' guess that means i can
never be president.)

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Sat, 22 May 2010 23:07:54 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> >> That has been done and success is limited. When you hire someone you must
> >> fill out an I-9 form and the onus is on the employer. There are laws
> >> against robbing convenience stores and J-walking too. They don't seem to
> >> be
> >> 100% effective either.

> > I had to bring my birth certificate to Orientation at my last job.
> >
> > And I'm very white!

> boo the **** hoo.
>
> how many of you very white people can lay your hands on your birth
> certificate? (i have mine, but that's mostly a fluke. and you know what?
> it says at the top 'certificate of live birth.' guess that means i can
> never be president.)
>
> blake

I can. And if you know your city of birth (and you'd better!), you can
always order a copy.
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in
news

> I can. And if you know your city of birth (and you'd better!), you can
> always order a copy.

I carry my passport with me where ever I go. One never knows when one has to
make a quick dash o/s ;-)

Other than that, I have multiple forms of photo ID.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Simple Simon met a pie man going to the fair.
Said Simple Simon to the pie man
'What have u got there?'
Said the pie man unto Simon
Pies you dickhead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2010 23:18:42 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 22 May 2010 23:07:54 -0500, Omelet wrote:

>>> I had to bring my birth certificate to Orientation at my last job.
>>>
>>> And I'm very white!

>> boo the **** hoo.
>>
>> how many of you very white people can lay your hands on your birth
>> certificate? (i have mine, but that's mostly a fluke. and you know what?
>> it says at the top 'certificate of live birth.' guess that means i can
>> never be president.)
>>
>> blake

> I can. And if you know your city of birth (and you'd better!), you can
> always order a copy.

do you carry it on your person? should you be required to produce it any
time a cop wants to see it?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 24, 11:17*am, blake murphy > wrote:

> do you carry it on your person? *should you be required to produce it any
> time a cop wants to see it?

You know, if only legal citizens and immigrants could get a state ID
or driving license, it wouldn't be necessary to carry these documents,
since the ID would proof that you had them. With states like
California giving out drivers licenses to illegals, then it makes the
IS useless as proof of legal status here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Sun, 23 May 2010 23:18:42 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > blake murphy > wrote:

> >> boo the **** hoo.
> >>
> >> how many of you very white people can lay your hands on your birth
> >> certificate? (i have mine, but that's mostly a fluke. and you know
> >> what?
> >> it says at the top 'certificate of live birth.' guess that means i can
> >> never be president.)
> >>
> >> blake

> > I can. And if you know your city of birth (and you'd better!), you can
> > always order a copy.

> do you carry it on your person? should you be required to produce it any
> time a cop wants to see it?
>
> blake

Actually, I have a copy in my wallet. I've not bothered to put it back
into the safe deposit box yet as I keep intending to get a passport but
have not gotten around to it yet.
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 23, 5:35*pm, blake murphy > wrote:

> how many of you very white people can lay your hands on your birth
> certificate? *(i have mine, but that's mostly a fluke. *and you *know what?
> it says at the top 'certificate of live birth.' *guess that means i can
> never be president.)

I can. Back when I went to Mexico 3 times to visit my exchange sister,
passports weren't required. I used my birth certificate and my state
ID. My last trip to Canada was when they had increased the requirement
to birth certificate or passport, so my sister and I both used our
birth certificates. Now, the requirement is passport or new special
ID, so I will get the new ID soon. I assume I will need to take my
birth certificate to get that new ID.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 23, 11:10*pm, Lin > wrote:
> wrote:
> > I can. Back when I went to Mexico 3 times to visit my exchange sister,
> > passports weren't required. I used my birth certificate and my state
> > ID. My last trip to Canada was when they had increased the requirement
> > to birth certificate or passport, so my sister and I both used our
> > birth certificates. Now, the requirement is passport or new special
> > ID, so I will get the new ID soon. I assume I will need to take my
> > birth certificate to get that new ID.

> I recently applied for my passport and ordered one of those little ID
> cards to go along with it, thinking that in places like Mexico or
> Canada, or a cruise that would suffice as opposed to bringing the blue
> book. As it turns out when the nice clerk explained it to me, you might
> as well bring the original passport, because if there is an emergency
> where you have to fly back, the government issued ID card isn't enough
> to get you home -- even though it's got your picture and all the digital
> data embedded in it.
>
> --Lin

I'm not sure if it is the same thing, but Washington state has a
special ID card. Not good enough for Mexico, but good enough for
Canada. I have no plans to return to Mexico for quite a while,
especially now with more violence. I didn't know it back then, but
kidnapping was an issue in Mexico city when I traveled there. My
exchange sister's family picked me up at the airport the first two
times, and hired a driver for the third time. My sister told me it was
because driving was difficult in Mexico City, but years later, she
told me it was for my safety.

I guess it wasn't a problem in Xalapa, as we went all over town, the
two of us, sometimes walking, sometimes driving.

I do plan to go to Canada soon. There are cat and horse events that I
would like to attend and cannot until I get a new ID.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/22/2010 10:26 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> George Leppla > wrote:
>>
>>> You want to stop illegal immigration... it is easy to do. Make it
>>> against the law to hire illegals. Put any businessman who hires
>>> illegals in jail. Employment of illegals would stop immediately.

> That has been done and success is limited. When you hire someone you
> must fill out an I-9 form and the onus is on the employer. There are
> laws against robbing convenience stores and J-walking too. They don't
> seem to be 100% effective either.

I think the current fine is $250 per incident. Wow!

Try making the fine $25,000 and a mandatory 1 year in the calaboose for
EACH illegal hired and all of a sudden you will see just how responsible
business can be.

And I am all for immigration.... legally. I doubt that many reading
this group are native Americans. My father's parents were born in Germany.

AND... I always get a huge laugh out of the guys they interview on TV
screaming that the "Immigrants are coming here taking our jobs." Tell
you what, Bubba.... if some illegal who doesn't speak English can walk
in and take your job, the fact is that you probably ain't too bright and
aren't a very good worker in the first place. You should have thought
of that before you dropped out of school in the ninth grade.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sometime in the recent past George Leppla posted this:

>> That has been done and success is limited. When you hire someone you
>> must fill out an I-9 form and the onus is on the employer. There are
>> laws against robbing convenience stores and J-walking too. They don't
>> seem to be 100% effective either.

> I think the current fine is $250 per incident. Wow!

Consider too, that the H2-A alien agriculture worker who can't supply the
necessary Soc. Sec. number still gets a 1099-MISC, but the employer will
withhold 28% 'backup withholding.' Then say this same employer doesn't file
the 1096 or report the workers payments made, but pockets the 28%
withholdings, he now has labor at 2/3 the cost of legal workers with an SS#.
Certainly there is incentive to gamble at $250/incident. And what alien can
prove that he was working if the employer has no record of it?

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Leppla" > wrote

> Try making the fine $25,000 and a mandatory 1 year in the calaboose for
> EACH illegal hired and all of a sudden you will see just how responsible
> business can be.

Most businesses are following the law and don't want the hassle. When you
get down to it, the offenders are a small percentage of the total businesses
in the US, many are in agriculture. I doubt you'll find discussions in the
boardroom of Prudential Insurance, or Procter & Gamble trying to find ways
to hire illegals and not get caught in the $250 fine. But Fred the Farmer
just wants to get the crop picked and does not care as much.

> And I am all for immigration.... legally. I doubt that many reading this
> group are native Americans. My father's parents were born in Germany.
>
> AND... I always get a huge laugh out of the guys they interview on TV
> screaming that the "Immigrants are coming here taking our jobs." Tell you
> what, Bubba.... if some illegal who doesn't speak English can walk in and
> take your job, the fact is that you probably ain't too bright and aren't a
> very good worker in the first place. You should have thought of that
> before you dropped out of school in the ninth grade.

All four of my grandparents came over about a century ago and I'm glad they
did. Immigrants made this country what it is today. We just need some
controls to let some of the now illegals come to work here, pay some taxes,
and not drain the support systems while never contributing. They should
drive with insurance, for instance.

From what I've seen and experienced, they are not taking our jobs. They are
often working at the low paying jobs that many of our citizens do not want
to do. Need some bull work done for cheap? Call a temp help agency and they
will provide you with what you need at reasonable prices and they take
responsibility to see that the workers are legal. I sometimes wonder who is
exploiting who. Companies get help cheap, people that would not find jobs
easily are working so it can be win-win.

If you don't want foreigners taking your job, stop exporting them to China,
Mexico, etc. But that is another argument for another day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2010 23:26:59 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> George Leppla > wrote:
>>
>>> You want to stop illegal immigration... it is easy to do. Make it
>>> against the law to hire illegals. Put any businessman who hires
>>> illegals in jail. Employment of illegals would stop immediately.

> That has been done and success is limited. When you hire someone you must
> fill out an I-9 form and the onus is on the employer. There are laws
> against robbing convenience stores and J-walking too. They don't seem to be
> 100% effective either.

yet we haven't given up arresting robbers. do you think you can produce a
cite for employers facing real penalties? something that rises above 'the
cost of doing business'?

or better yet, an employer kicked out of the country?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy > wrote:

>On Sat, 22 May 2010 23:26:59 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> do you think you can produce a cite for employers facing
> real penalties? something that rises above 'the cost of doing
> business'?

Enforcement has come close to putting American Apparel (which
does its manufacturing in L.A.) out of business, or at least very
close to receivership.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2010 00:52:20 +0000 (UTC), Steve Pope wrote:

> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 22 May 2010 23:26:59 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> do you think you can produce a cite for employers facing
>> real penalties? something that rises above 'the cost of doing
>> business'?

> Enforcement has come close to putting American Apparel (which
> does its manufacturing in L.A.) out of business, or at least very
> close to receivership.
>
> Steve

good. one down, how many thousands to go?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2010 21:00:17 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> George Leppla > wrote:
>
>> You want to stop illegal immigration... it is easy to do. Make it
>> against the law to hire illegals. Put any businessman who hires
>> illegals in jail. Employment of illegals would stop immediately.

> Arizona is working on that.

i'll believe that when i see it. it seems the most immediate step is
harassing brown people. regulating employers always seems to come 'later,'
with most values of 'later' working out to be 'never.'

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Sat, 22 May 2010 21:00:17 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > George Leppla > wrote:
> >
> >> You want to stop illegal immigration... it is easy to do. Make it
> >> against the law to hire illegals. Put any businessman who hires
> >> illegals in jail. Employment of illegals would stop immediately.

> > Arizona is working on that.

> i'll believe that when i see it. it seems the most immediate step is
> harassing brown people. regulating employers always seems to come 'later,'
> with most values of 'later' working out to be 'never.'
>
> blake

"The Arizona law specifies a $2,500 fine for any employer of illegal
aliens."

<http://napavalleyregister.com/news/o..._9f1da492-5e31
-11df-9c1c-001cc4c002e0.html>

" Arizona puts into effect the nation's toughest workplace enforcement
law. It is aimed at punishing employers who knowingly hire illegal
immigrants. Many other states are watching Arizona's example and
considering similar legislation.

Michele Norris talks with Ted Robbins about the law, the politics behind
it, and the likely impact on Arizona business and culture. "

<http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17764997>

This was two years ago...
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2010 19:18:20 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 22 May 2010 21:00:17 -0500, Omelet wrote:

>>> Arizona is working on that.

>> i'll believe that when i see it. it seems the most immediate step is
>> harassing brown people. regulating employers always seems to come 'later,'
>> with most values of 'later' working out to be 'never.'
>>
>> blake

> "The Arizona law specifies a $2,500 fine for any employer of illegal
> aliens."
>
> <http://napavalleyregister.com/news/o..._9f1da492-5e31
> -11df-9c1c-001cc4c002e0.html>
>
> " Arizona puts into effect the nation's toughest workplace enforcement
> law. It is aimed at punishing employers who knowingly hire illegal
> immigrants. Many other states are watching Arizona's example and
> considering similar legislation.
>
> Michele Norris talks with Ted Robbins about the law, the politics behind
> it, and the likely impact on Arizona business and culture. "
>
> <http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17764997>
>
> This was two years ago...

then it shouldn't be hard to dig up the names of the people put in jail.

hmm, quick google of [employers imprisoned arizona] seems to turn up jack
shit.

i don't recall seeing any stories, other than folks like tyson paying some
kind of fine that probably amounted about half an hour's profit.

blake