Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default warm weather is coming

Cruising Chow.com and came across this recipe. Serve it with a
cookie and you've got a simple warm weather dessert!

I wouldn't bother making real espresso, I'd use the instant stuff...
and I wouldn't use toothpicks either (there's nothing quite like a
spinning cube of coffee), I'd use popsicle sticks.

Spiked Frozen Coffee Shots
By Aida Mollenkamp @ chow.com

Makes: 30 shots

Difficulty: Easy

TIME/SERVINGS

Total: Under 5 mins, plus freezing time

Active: Under 5 mins

What to buy: Silicone ice cube trays are key to easily unmolding the
shots.

INGREDIENTS

16 double espresso shots (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur, such as Kahlúa
Toothpicks

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Combine espresso, milk, and liqueur in a large bowl and whisk until
milk is evenly incorporated.

2. Pour mixture into silicone ice cube trays and freeze 3 to 4 hours.
Place toothpicks in the partially set shots and let freeze completely,
at least 8 hours.

3. When ready to serve, unmold the shots and consume immediately.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> Cruising Chow.com and came across this recipe. Serve it with a
> cookie and you've got a simple warm weather dessert!
>
> I wouldn't bother making real espresso, I'd use the instant stuff...
> and I wouldn't use toothpicks either (there's nothing quite like a
> spinning cube of coffee), I'd use popsicle sticks.
>

> Spiked Frozen Coffee Shots
> By Aida Mollenkamp @ chow.com
>
> Makes: 30 shots
>
> Difficulty: Easy
>
> TIME/SERVINGS
>
> Total: Under 5 mins, plus freezing time
>
> Active: Under 5 mins
>

> What to buy: Silicone ice cube trays are key to easily unmolding the
> shots.
>

> INGREDIENTS
>
> 16 double espresso shots (about 2 cups)
> 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
> 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur, such as Kahlúa
> Toothpicks
>
> INSTRUCTIONS
>
> 1. Combine espresso, milk, and liqueur in a large bowl and whisk until
> milk is evenly incorporated.
>
> 2. Pour mixture into silicone ice cube trays and freeze 3 to 4 hours.
> Place toothpicks in the partially set shots and let freeze completely,
> at least 8 hours.
>
> 3. When ready to serve, unmold the shots and consume immediately.

Sounds yummy! While I love the taste of coffee, I also love the taste with
other flavors in the blend. I wonder if Tequila Rose in place of Kahlua
would be good. Might have to try it. I actually have an espresso maker and
have never used it yet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-05-15, Cheryl > wrote:

> other flavors in the blend. I wonder if Tequila Rose in place of Kahlua
> would be good.

There's new one on the market, Patron XO, which is a tequila/coffee
liqueur. It's not bad.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Warm weather?!?

It was -4°C this moaning, with heavy frost...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> Warm weather?!?
>
> It was -4°C this moaning, with heavy frost...

She said it is coming, not there already

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 May 2010 08:50:42 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Warm weather?!?
>>
>> It was -4°C this moaning, with heavy frost...

>She said it is coming, not there already

Sigh...

Refreshing Warm Weather Cocktails mixr General 2 03-08-2009 09:14 PM
Still Too Warm... jmcquown General Cooking 4 28-09-2006 01:00 PM
WARM TACO PIE Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-04-2005 11:31 AM
Warm weather frood Chocolate 3 12-05-2004 06:36 PM
Which of the following do you think would be best warm? Alex Rast Chocolate 11 23-04-2004 08:04 AM