Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lentil Spinach Soup

It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.

I sauted some carrots, shallots and onion. Added chicken soup base,
lentils and Herbs de Provence.

Put some fresh spinach in the bottom of the soup bowl.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqi07o.jpg

Topped with the soup.
http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg

Warming and filling.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 04/17/10
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:

> It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.
>
> I sauted some carrots, shallots and onion. Added chicken soup base,
> lentils and Herbs de Provence.
>
> Put some fresh spinach in the bottom of the soup bowl.
> http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqi07o.jpg
>
> Topped with the soup.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg
>
> Warming and filling.
>
> koko

Add a touch of tomato paste and a bit of garlic
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:43:45 -0600, Arri London >
wrote:

>koko wrote:
>>
>> It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.
>>
>> I sauted some carrots, shallots and onion. Added chicken soup base,
>> lentils and Herbs de Provence.
>>
>> Put some fresh spinach in the bottom of the soup bowl.
>> http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqi07o.jpg
>>
>> Topped with the soup.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg
>>
>> Warming and filling.

>Add a touch of tomato paste and a bit of garlic

Tomato with lentils and/or spinach is TIAD. Add a big squeeze of
fresh lemon is all.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:43:45 -0600, Arri London >
> wrote:

>>Add a touch of tomato paste and a bit of garlic

> Tomato with lentils and/or spinach is TIAD. Add a big squeeze of
> fresh lemon is all.

Tomato and spinach is a YUMMY combo. I don't like lentils so can't comment
on that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:41:35 -0400, "Cheryl" >
wrote:

>"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:43:45 -0600, Arri London >
>> wrote:

>>>Add a touch of tomato paste and a bit of garlic

>> Tomato with lentils and/or spinach is TIAD. Add a big squeeze of
>> fresh lemon is all.

>Tomato and spinach is a YUMMY combo.

You're a pig.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Arri replied to koko:

>> It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.
>>
>> I sauted some carrots, shallots and onion. Added chicken soup base,
>> lentils and Herbs de Provence.
>>
>> Put some fresh spinach in the bottom of the soup bowl.
>> http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqi07o.jpg
>>
>> Topped with the soup.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg
>>
>> Warming and filling.
>>

> Add a touch of tomato paste and a bit of garlic

I'd have left out the tomato paste, but finished the dish with a drizzle of
garlic-infused olive oil.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Clueless AOL newbie Sheldon "Pussy" Katz wrote:

> Tomato with lentils and/or spinach is TIAD.

Sound more and more like you don't know a ****ing thing about food. Go back
to gumming your SPAM, loser.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>koko wrote:
>>
>> It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.
>>
>> I sauted some carrots, shallots and onion. Added chicken soup base,
>> lentils and Herbs de Provence.
>>
>> Put some fresh spinach in the bottom of the soup bowl.
>> http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqi07o.jpg
>>
>> Topped with the soup.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg
>>
>> Warming and filling.
>>
>> koko
>>

>Add a touch of tomato paste and a bit of garlic

I thought about tomato paste just didn't act on it. I thought with
the shallot adding garlic might be a bit much.

When I reheat it I'll add the tomato. I have some sundried tomato
concentrate that would be great.

Thanks for the idea.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 04/17/10
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:58:07 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Arri replied to koko:
>
>>> It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.
>>>
>>> I sauted some carrots, shallots and onion. Added chicken soup base,
>>> lentils and Herbs de Provence.
>>>
>>> Put some fresh spinach in the bottom of the soup bowl.
>>> http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqi07o.jpg
>>>
>>> Topped with the soup.
>>> http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg
>>>
>>> Warming and filling.
>>>

>> Add a touch of tomato paste and a bit of garlic

>I'd have left out the tomato paste, but finished the dish with a drizzle of
>garlic-infused olive oil.
>
>Bob

That sounds great also Bob. I have plenty leftover to try both
suggestions.

koko

--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 04/17/10
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message

> It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.
>
> I sauted some carrots, shallots and onion. Added chicken soup base,
> lentils and Herbs de Provence.
>
> Put some fresh spinach in the bottom of the soup bowl.
> http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqi07o.jpg
>
> Topped with the soup.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg
>
> Warming and filling.
>
> koko
> --

Looks lovely as usual, koko! I have lentils, I have spinach. It's not cold
here but hey, I'm the soup lady! I eat soup in 100 degree weather I'll
have to make a pot of lentil soup tomorrow. Thanks!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 02:48:32 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"koko" > wrote in message
.. .

>> It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.
>>
>> I sauted some carrots, shallots and onion. Added chicken soup base,
>> lentils and Herbs de Provence.
>>
>> Put some fresh spinach in the bottom of the soup bowl.
>> http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqi07o.jpg
>>
>> Topped with the soup.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg
>>
>> Warming and filling.
>>
>> koko
>> --
>>

>Looks lovely as usual, koko! I have lentils, I have spinach. It's not cold
>here but hey, I'm the soup lady! I eat soup in 100 degree weather I'll
>have to make a pot of lentil soup tomorrow. Thanks!
>
>Jill

Thank you Jill, high praise indeed coming from the "soup lady" I think
I'm following in your capable footsteps, I find myself making soup
more often and year round.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 04/17/10
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:43:45 -0600, Arri London >
> wrote:
>

> >koko wrote:
> >>
> >> It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.
> >>
> >> I sauted some carrots, shallots and onion. Added chicken soup base,
> >> lentils and Herbs de Provence.
> >>
> >> Put some fresh spinach in the bottom of the soup bowl.
> >> http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqi07o.jpg
> >>
> >> Topped with the soup.
> >> http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg
> >>
> >> Warming and filling.
> >>
> >> koko
> >>

> >Add a touch of tomato paste and a bit of garlic

> I thought about tomato paste just didn't act on it. I thought with
> the shallot adding garlic might be a bit much.
>
> When I reheat it I'll add the tomato. I have some sundried tomato
> concentrate that would be great.
>
> Thanks for the idea.
>
> koko

YVW! But I did mean just a touch...it shouldn't taste like tomato at
all.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.
>
> I sauted some carrots, shallots and onion. Added chicken soup base,
> lentils and Herbs de Provence.
>
> Put some fresh spinach in the bottom of the soup bowl.
> http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqi07o.jpg
>
> Topped with the soup.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg
>
> Warming and filling.
>
> koko

You could give up working with your little miscreants and become a food
stylist for hire, Koko.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:45:54 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >,
> koko > wrote:
>
>> It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.
>>
>> I sauted some carrots, shallots and onion. Added chicken soup base,
>> lentils and Herbs de Provence.
>>
>> Put some fresh spinach in the bottom of the soup bowl.
>> http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqi07o.jpg
>>
>> Topped with the soup.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg
>>
>> Warming and filling.
>>
>> koko

> You could give up working with your little miscreants and become a food
> stylist for hire, Koko.

i guess i must have missed this. what kind of little miscreants do you
work with, koko?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:45:54 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> koko > wrote:
>
>> It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.
>>
>> I sauted some carrots, shallots and onion. Added chicken soup base,
>> lentils and Herbs de Provence.
>>
>> Put some fresh spinach in the bottom of the soup bowl.
>> http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqi07o.jpg
>>
>> Topped with the soup.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg
>>
>> Warming and filling.
>>
>> koko

>You could give up working with your little miscreants and become a food
>stylist for hire, Koko.

Thanks, that's high praise indeed, I wish I was that good.
Besides, I'd miss the little darlings.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 04/17/10

Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:45:54 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:

>> You could give up working with your little miscreants and become a
>> food stylist for hire, Koko.

> Thanks, that's high praise indeed, I wish I was that good.

I think you really are that good.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:57:29 -0400, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:45:54 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> koko > wrote:
>>
>>> It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.

snippage

>>> Topped with the soup.
>>> http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg
>>>
>>> Warming and filling.
>>>
>>> koko

>> You could give up working with your little miscreants and become a food
>> stylist for hire, Koko.

>i guess i must have missed this. what kind of little miscreants do you
>work with, koko?
>
>your pal,
>blake

I work in a Juvenile Detention Facility. I work with teenaged boys who
have been arrested due to drug and or alcohol problems and gang
activity.
Never a dull moment. =8-0
koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 04/17/10
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> >i guess i must have missed this. what kind of little miscreants do you
> >work with, koko?
> >
> >your pal,
> >blake

> I work in a Juvenile Detention Facility. I work with teenaged boys who
> have been arrested due to drug and or alcohol problems and gang
> activity.
> Never a dull moment. =8-0
> koko

I never knew that either. :-)
A very rewarding field, when you can succeed with them?
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:09:39 -0400, "Nancy Young"
> wrote:

>koko wrote:
>> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:45:54 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
>> > wrote:

>>> You could give up working with your little miscreants and become a
>>> food stylist for hire, Koko.

>> Thanks, that's high praise indeed, I wish I was that good.

>I think you really are that good.
>
>nancy

Thank you nancy.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 04/17/10
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 19:57:57 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> koko > wrote:
>
>> >i guess i must have missed this. what kind of little miscreants do you
>> >work with, koko?
>> >
>> >your pal,
>> >blake

>> I work in a Juvenile Detention Facility. I work with teenaged boys who
>> have been arrested due to drug and or alcohol problems and gang
>> activity.
>> Never a dull moment. =8-0
>> koko

>I never knew that either. :-)
>A very rewarding field, when you can succeed with them?

I love what I'm doing. Their success is up to them and their choices.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 04/17/10

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 19:57:57 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:

> >> I work in a Juvenile Detention Facility. I work with teenaged boys who
> >> have been arrested due to drug and or alcohol problems and gang
> >> activity.
> >> Never a dull moment. =8-0
> >> koko

> >I never knew that either. :-)
> >A very rewarding field, when you can succeed with them?

> I love what I'm doing. Their success is up to them and their choices.
>
> koko

But you help educate them to make those choices. :-) That's a good thing.
I know that our local officer that deals with the juvenile detention
center both loves and hates is job.

He had one kid that was due to be discharged but 3 days before his date,
he'd damage the sprinkler system and get his sentence extended. When he
asked him "why" he was doing it, the kid told him it was because he did
not want to go home.

Life at home was so bad, he felt more cared for at the detention
center...
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 02:39:41 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> koko > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 19:57:57 -0500, Omelet >
>> wrote:

>> >I never knew that either. :-)
>> >A very rewarding field, when you can succeed with them?

>> I love what I'm doing. Their success is up to them and their choices.
>>
>> koko

>But you help educate them to make those choices. :-) That's a good thing.
>I know that our local officer that deals with the juvenile detention
>center both loves and hates is job.
>
>He had one kid that was due to be discharged but 3 days before his date,
>he'd damage the sprinkler system and get his sentence extended. When he
>asked him "why" he was doing it, the kid told him it was because he did
>not want to go home.
>
>Life at home was so bad, he felt more cared for at the detention
>center...

That's unfortunately very common. At least here they have 3 hots and a
cot, more than some of them have on the "outs".
I watch them a little closer for attitude changes when it gets close
to release time.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 04/17/10
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> >Life at home was so bad, he felt more cared for at the detention
> >center...

> That's unfortunately very common. At least here they have 3 hots and a
> cot, more than some of them have on the "outs".
> I watch them a little closer for attitude changes when it gets close
> to release time.
>
> koko

Bless you hon'.
Mom and mentor to many. ;-)

Do you teach them how to cook?
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 17:11:21 -0700, koko wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:57:29 -0400, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:45:54 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> snippage

>>> You could give up working with your little miscreants and become a food
>>> stylist for hire, Koko.

>>i guess i must have missed this. what kind of little miscreants do you
>>work with, koko?
>>
>>your pal,
>>blake

> I work in a Juvenile Detention Facility. I work with teenaged boys who
> have been arrested due to drug and or alcohol problems and gang
> activity.
> Never a dull moment. =8-0
> koko

i imagine not.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:33:22 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> koko > wrote:
>
>> >Life at home was so bad, he felt more cared for at the detention
>> >center...

>> That's unfortunately very common. At least here they have 3 hots and a
>> cot, more than some of them have on the "outs".
>> I watch them a little closer for attitude changes when it gets close
>> to release time.
>>
>> koko

>Bless you hon'.
>Mom and mentor to many. ;-)
>
>Do you teach them how to cook?

Afraid not, that would require the use of "weapons."

If I do find out they haven't had a particular food though I will make
it for them and bring it in for them.
I've had kids that haven't had a bagel so I toasted some and brought
them in with some cream cheese, I've made them garlic bread and I've
even made them smores in the microwave. Some kids haven't ever had a
root beer float so I've brought the fixings for them, that's always a
fun one for them.
I have also brought in grapefruit, grapes, celery that I fill with
peanut butter as they've never had any of that either.

I could go on but I'm not. I think I've fulfilled my OB: food for this
thread ;-)

If they have an interest they can go through a food safety course in
the chow hall and get a certificate in food safety.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 04/17/10

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:33:22 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:

> >> That's unfortunately very common. At least here they have 3 hots and a
> >> cot, more than some of them have on the "outs".
> >> I watch them a little closer for attitude changes when it gets close
> >> to release time.
> >>
> >> koko

> >Bless you hon'.
> >Mom and mentor to many. ;-)
> >
> >Do you teach them how to cook?

> Afraid not, that would require the use of "weapons."
>
> If I do find out they haven't had a particular food though I will make
> it for them and bring it in for them.
> I've had kids that haven't had a bagel so I toasted some and brought
> them in with some cream cheese, I've made them garlic bread and I've
> even made them smores in the microwave. Some kids haven't ever had a
> root beer float so I've brought the fixings for them, that's always a
> fun one for them.
> I have also brought in grapefruit, grapes, celery that I fill with
> peanut butter as they've never had any of that either.

Good gods... Poor kids!
I wonder if I can get involved with the local detention center as a
volunteer? I'll have to ask Sgt. Tucker.

> I could go on but I'm not. I think I've fulfilled my OB: food for this
> thread ;-)
>
> If they have an interest they can go through a food safety course in
> the chow hall and get a certificate in food safety.
>
> koko

Sounds neat.

I think that an interest in food and cooking could probably keep some of
the too busy to get in to trouble once they got out of detention?

--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> I've had kids that haven't had a bagel so I toasted some and brought
> them in with some cream cheese, I've made them garlic bread and I've
> even made them smores in the microwave. Some kids haven't ever had a
> root beer float so I've brought the fixings for them, that's always a
> fun one for them.
> I have also brought in grapefruit, grapes, celery that I fill with
> peanut butter as they've never had any of that either.
>
> I could go on but I'm not. I think I've fulfilled my OB: food for this
> thread ;-)

Ps, ever considered bringing in pre-cut pizza toppings and makings?
Boboli or even Pillsbury crusts can be pretty cheap?
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:27:16 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> koko > wrote:
>
>> I've had kids that haven't had a bagel so I toasted some and brought
>> them in with some cream cheese, I've made them garlic bread and I've
>> even made them smores in the microwave. Some kids haven't ever had a
>> root beer float so I've brought the fixings for them, that's always a
>> fun one for them.
>> I have also brought in grapefruit, grapes, celery that I fill with
>> peanut butter as they've never had any of that either.
>>
>> I could go on but I'm not. I think I've fulfilled my OB: food for this
>> thread ;-)

>Ps, ever considered bringing in pre-cut pizza toppings and makings?
>Boboli or even Pillsbury crusts can be pretty cheap?

Thanks, that's a great idea.

When I come back from vacation we are going to make kites. Another
thing they've never done is fly a kite. I doubt ours will fly but it
will be a fun project.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 04/17/10
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:27:16 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > koko > wrote:
> >
> >> I've had kids that haven't had a bagel so I toasted some and brought
> >> them in with some cream cheese, I've made them garlic bread and I've
> >> even made them smores in the microwave. Some kids haven't ever had a
> >> root beer float so I've brought the fixings for them, that's always a
> >> fun one for them.
> >> I have also brought in grapefruit, grapes, celery that I fill with
> >> peanut butter as they've never had any of that either.
> >>
> >> I could go on but I'm not. I think I've fulfilled my OB: food for this
> >> thread ;-)

> >Ps, ever considered bringing in pre-cut pizza toppings and makings?
> >Boboli or even Pillsbury crusts can be pretty cheap?

> Thanks, that's a great idea.

Most welcome!
I think that self-sufficiency (including the ability to cook) is a great
self-confidence builder for kids. It's why I like some of the scouting
programs so much, especially when they involve camping and survival
skills. I got some of that from my parents, and some of it in church
camp when we were Mormons.

The one morning that Rita and I (my foster sister) got to cook the camp
breakfast, we did it for the remainder of the 2 week camp. <g> Everyone
else's cooking was dismal. It's hard to believe that someone can screw
up pancake mix, but... <sigh> That and overcooked eggs.

> When I come back from vacation we are going to make kites. Another
> thing they've never done is fly a kite. I doubt ours will fly but it
> will be a fun project.
>
> koko

That will be up to the winds... :-)

Will you be using Balsa wood?
Man, I've not flown a kite since I was a little kid! Thanks for the
reminder. I may have to try that with the nephews!
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

>It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.
>
>I sauted some carrots, shallots and onion. Added chicken soup base,
>lentils and Herbs de Provence.
>
>Put some fresh spinach in the bottom of the soup bowl.
>http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqi07o.jpg
>
>Topped with the soup.
>http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg
>
>Warming and filling.

Lentils and spinach have an affinity for each other!

To give you other ideas:

My usual lentil soup is a curried one that has carrots/celery/onion and
tomatoes in it while the lentils are cooking. The recipe directions
specify slicing up a lemon into the pot, which really adds nicely to the
flavor. (It's from the Williams-Sonoma Soup cookbook, which I have found
pretty reliable. My regular minestrone is adapted from them - fresh basil
and fresh green beans make it OM NOM NOM.)

Spinach goes in basically when the soup is finished cooking - cover the
pot and it wilts down on retained heat, while remaining green.

Charlotte

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:17:28 +0000 (UTC),
(Charlotte L. Blackmer) wrote:

>In article >,
>koko > wrote:
>>
>>It's cold and rainy. Mmmm soup good.
>>
>>I sauted some carrots, shallots and onion. Added chicken soup base,
>>lentils and Herbs de Provence.
>>
>>Put some fresh spinach in the bottom of the soup bowl.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqi07o.jpg

>>Topped with the soup.
>>http://i39.tinypic.com/xc8vug.jpg
>>
>>Warming and filling.
>>

>Lentils and spinach have an affinity for each other!
>
>To give you other ideas:
>
>My usual lentil soup is a curried one that has carrots/celery/onion and
>tomatoes in it while the lentils are cooking. The recipe directions
>specify slicing up a lemon into the pot, which really adds nicely to the
>flavor. (It's from the Williams-Sonoma Soup cookbook, which I have found
>pretty reliable. My regular minestrone is adapted from them - fresh basil
>and fresh green beans make it OM NOM NOM.)
>
>Spinach goes in basically when the soup is finished cooking - cover the
>pot and it wilts down on retained heat, while remaining green.
>
>Charlotte

Thank you Charlotte, I love getting new ideas. I think I'll add some
preserved lemon next time also.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 04/23/10