Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Daily Mail Atttacks KFC For Going Halal

I'd point out that they only removed ONE item
from the menu, a chicken burger with bacon.
They managed to find ONE guy who complained.
(I used all caps in keeping with the Daily Mail
tradition.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1260286

Nevertheless, KFC should consider using beef bacon,
which should be available as Halal. I know it
wouldn't be the same, but it would be close.
Some brands of turkey bacon are not bad.

Also, roasted chicken skin which is then pan-fried
is another possible substitute. That can be
pretty good. It can have an even better texture
than bacon, if properly made. Pan-fried smoked
salmon skin has a wonderful texture, but it
stinks up the kitchen like nothing else.