Kaari Jae

Default OT If you're outside of US and try to send e-mail to Verizon e-mail address, good luck

Verizon persists with their inept and totally mindless strategy against spam
by now calling it a policy against spam which in their dictionary is any
e-mail originating outside of the USA.

3 Verizon CSR told me last couple of days that it indeed is Verizon's policy
to block e-mails from outside of USA to reach their customers. When I tried
to let them know that I, pretty please, may actually heaven forbid little me
have some contacts (like friends and family and other minute utterly
unimportant people) outside of USA, I was told that in that case I have to
submit the domain names of these alleged proper e-mailers to Verizon for
their possible pre-approval and removal from Verizon's
foreigners-guilty-of-spamming-list-until-proved-otherwise-list.

While I tried to convince Verizon that I would have no way of knowing of all
domains belonging those individuals who in the foreign countries of Europe
might possibly want might want once in a blue moon send e-mails to me, I was
told and I quote "Verizon has the right to block e-mails from anybody they
so wish." So I have now positively being told my place and thus humbly
retire under the whatever rock I used to reside.

Just to level the playing field a bit though, I did file a complaint with
the Attorney General of Washington State against Verizon fraudulent practise
as I, as their paying customer have this very odd idea that in a contract
situation binding for both parties (I pay them -they provide service to me)
they are supposed to tell me if they all of a sudden change their part of
the agreement that might cause problems for me fully utilising the potential
of their contractually presumed service. And since I'm feeling possibly
somewhat foolishly bold tonight, I urge those of you who so feel inclined
and are Verizon customer to file similar complaints with your state Attorney
Generals as well.
Kaari
PS those who care to check it all out a bit mo
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Jan18.html
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01...n_email_block/
http://www.wired.com/news/ebiz/0,1272,66226,00.html

sf

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 07:02:31 GMT, "Kaari Jae"
> wrote:

> Verizon persists with their inept and totally mindless strategy against spam
> by now calling it a policy against spam which in their dictionary is any
> e-mail originating outside of the USA.
>
> 3 Verizon CSR told me last couple of days that it indeed is Verizon's policy
> to block e-mails from outside of USA to reach their customers. When I tried
> to let them know that I, pretty please, may actually heaven forbid little me
> have some contacts (like friends and family and other minute utterly
> unimportant people) outside of USA, I was told that in that case I have to
> submit the domain names of these alleged proper e-mailers to Verizon for
> their possible pre-approval and removal from Verizon's
> foreigners-guilty-of-spamming-list-until-proved-otherwise-list.
>
> While I tried to convince Verizon that I would have no way of knowing of all
> domains belonging those individuals who in the foreign countries of Europe
> might possibly want might want once in a blue moon send e-mails to me, I was
> told and I quote "Verizon has the right to block e-mails from anybody they
> so wish." So I have now positively being told my place and thus humbly
> retire under the whatever rock I used to reside.

Why not just sign up for a separate web based email and give
out that address? Then you won't have to contact everyone
when you change providers.

sf
Kaari Jae

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 07:02:31 GMT, "Kaari Jae"
> > wrote:
>
>> Verizon persists with their inept and totally mindless strategy against
>> spam
>> by now calling it a policy against spam which in their dictionary is any
>> e-mail originating outside of the USA.
>>
>> 3 Verizon CSR told me last couple of days that it indeed is Verizon's
>> policy
>> to block e-mails from outside of USA to reach their customers. When I
>> tried
>> to let them know that I, pretty please, may actually heaven forbid
>> little me
>> have some contacts (like friends and family and other minute utterly
>> unimportant people) outside of USA, I was told that in that case I have
>> submit the domain names of these alleged proper e-mailers to Verizon for
>> their possible pre-approval and removal from Verizon's
>> foreigners-guilty-of-spamming-list-until-proved-otherwise-list.
>>
>> While I tried to convince Verizon that I would have no way of knowing of
>> all
>> domains belonging those individuals who in the foreign countries of
>> Europe
>> might possibly want might want once in a blue moon send e-mails to me, I
>> was
>> told and I quote "Verizon has the right to block e-mails from anybody
>> they
>> so wish." So I have now positively being told my place and thus humbly
>> retire under the whatever rock I used to reside.

> Why not just sign up for a separate web based email and give
> out that address? Then you won't have to contact everyone
> when you change providers.
>
> sf

Simply because I wasn't planning on changing providers. Had the previous one
for 5+ years and was very happy, alas they don't offer DSL. I also want POP3
e-mail instead of just web based. And since I'm paying for Verizon e-mail
service, I assumed I that it would be usable for it's intended purpose i.e
send and receive e-mails from people of my choosing anywhere in the world.
Unfortunately this is not the case.
-K

sf

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:32:46 GMT, "Kaari Jae"
> wrote:

> > Why not just sign up for a separate web based email and give
> > out that address? Then you won't have to contact everyone
> > when you change providers.
> >
> > sf

> Simply because I wasn't planning on changing providers. Had the previous one
> for 5+ years and was very happy, alas they don't offer DSL. I also want POP3
> e-mail instead of just web based. And since I'm paying for Verizon e-mail
> service, I assumed I that it would be usable for it's intended purpose i.e
> send and receive e-mails from people of my choosing anywhere in the world.
> Unfortunately this is not the case.

RELAX and stop beating your head against the wall. Web
based email isn't absolutely horrible, so if you like and
want to keep version - think outside of the box and try
using a web based email address too.

sf

Ruddell

In > sf wrote:

> RELAX and stop beating your head against the wall. Web
> based email isn't absolutely horrible, so if you like and
> want to keep version - think outside of the box and try
> using a web based email address too.

Yes, web mail works fine and the more you travel the more important you
realize it is. But this new policy of Version just doesn't make sense???

--
Cheers

Dennis

Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply

New E-Mail Address Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 17 11-01-2006 05:27 AM
Anyone have info on a good cake-by-mail company?? nancree General Cooking 11 13-08-2005 09:34 PM
Yes, you can e-mail Google Search (Beta) this address Nancree General Cooking 2 09-12-2004 08:51 AM
Good Gung Fu teapot by mail? Mike Tea 8 16-12-2003 06:07 PM
Somebody Send me Some Hate Mail! Steve Wertz General Cooking 10 21-10-2003 07:21 AM