Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Looking for light weight, small size cylindrical or any other shapethat is freezer safe to store concentrated stock (Chichen broth for example)

I am looking for freezer safe containers that would store one or two
serving of concentrated stock to be used in making beef soup. The
stock would be chicken broth.

Shape can be cubes/cylindrical or whatever shapes but I want
individual storage, i.e, enclosed containers. I do not want thos
those ice cube trays which has no lid/cover for individual piece and
also I can't get only whhat I want. I'd have to defrost the whole damn
thing.

It doesn't have to be plastic but Iif it is aluminum or stainless
steel it needs to be small so that I can socka it in hot water and
slide the pice out quickly. I'd prefer micrwaving though.

I have done some googling but the only plastic bottle that are similar
size I saw are for chemical sipplies but they have neck that are
smaller than the body - I prefer the cylindrical shape all the way to
the lid so that I can defrost it quickly and slide the frozen piece
out into the pot.

Though I'd prefer something that is not that long, an example of
cylindrical shape (all the way to the lid) is spice bottles shown at
http://www.fantes.com/images/2240spice.jpg

If you have any useful information what to busy from where and would
like to share, that'd be great.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 15, 12:38*pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:

> If you have any useful information what to busy from where and would
> like to share, that'd be great.

Freeze it in a plastic bag, break off what you need, and microwave it
in a bowl.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>I am looking for freezer safe containers that would store one or two
> serving of concentrated stock to be used in making beef soup. The
> stock would be chicken broth.

Beef soup made from chicken broth?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 15, 9:38*am, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> I am looking for freezer safe containers that would store one or two
> serving of concentrated stock to be used in making beef soup. The
> stock would be chicken broth.
>
> Shape can be cubes/cylindrical or whatever shapes but I want
> individual storage, i.e, enclosed containers. *I do not want thos
> those ice cube trays which has no lid/cover for individual piece and
> also I can't get only whhat I want. I'd have to defrost the whole damn
> thing.
>
> It doesn't have to be plastic but Iif it is aluminum or stainless
> steel it needs to be small so that I can socka it in hot water and
> slide the pice out quickly. I'd prefer micrwaving though.
>
> I have done some googling but the only plastic bottle that are similar
> size I saw are for chemical sipplies but they have neck that are
> smaller than the body - I prefer the cylindrical shape all the way to
> the lid so that I can defrost it quickly and slide the frozen piece
> out into the pot.
>
> Though I'd prefer something that is not that long, an example of
> cylindrical shape (all the way to the lid) is spice bottles shown athttp://www.fantes.com/images/2240spice.jpg
>
> If you have any useful information what to busy from where and would
> like to share, that'd be great.

Just freeze your stock in ice cube trays. Pop the cubes out and put
them in a freezer plastic bag. That way you can take
out as many cubes of stock as you need and keep the rest frozen.
easy peasey.......
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:38:36 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby
> wrote:

> Shape can be cubes/cylindrical or whatever shapes but I want
> individual storage, i.e, enclosed containers. I do not want thos
> those ice cube trays which has no lid/cover for individual piece and
> also I can't get only whhat I want. I'd have to defrost the whole damn
> thing.

I think ice cube trays are what you want. Pop out the cubes and store
them in a Zip Lock bag.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:38:36 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby
> wrote:

>I am looking for freezer safe containers that would store one or two
>serving of concentrated stock to be used in making beef soup. The
>stock would be chicken broth.
>
>Shape can be cubes/cylindrical or whatever shapes but I want
>individual storage, i.e, enclosed containers. I do not want thos
>those ice cube trays which has no lid/cover for individual piece and
>also I can't get only whhat I want. I'd have to defrost the whole damn
>thing.
>
>It doesn't have to be plastic but Iif it is aluminum or stainless
>steel it needs to be small so that I can socka it in hot water and
>slide the pice out quickly. I'd prefer micrwaving though.
>
>I have done some googling but the only plastic bottle that are similar
>size I saw are for chemical sipplies but they have neck that are
>smaller than the body - I prefer the cylindrical shape all the way to
>the lid so that I can defrost it quickly and slide the frozen piece
>out into the pot.
>
>Though I'd prefer something that is not that long, an example of
>cylindrical shape (all the way to the lid) is spice bottles shown at
>http://www.fantes.com/images/2240spice.jpg
>
>If you have any useful information what to busy from where and would
>like to share, that'd be great.

You don't need any stinkin' containers... freeze stock in your ice
cube tray, then dump cubes into a zip-loc... use cubes as needed.
However I never use such a tiny amount of stock, I freeze stock
directly in a small zip-loc, then break off what I need, but most
times I use the entire amount.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> I am looking for freezer safe containers that would store one or two
> serving of concentrated stock to be used in making beef soup. The
> stock would be chicken broth.

> If you have any useful information what to busy from where and would
> like to share, that'd be great.

My wife came home with some of these one day, with leftover cheese
snacks:

http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages/SnackBags.aspx

They have a lot of other solutions he

http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages/ProductsHome.aspx

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 15, 11:38*am, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> I am looking for freezer safe containers that would store one or two
> serving of concentrated stock to be used in making beef soup. The
> stock would be chicken broth.
>
> Shape can be cubes/cylindrical or whatever shapes but I want
> individual storage, i.e, enclosed containers. *I do not want thos
> those ice cube trays which has no lid/cover for individual piece and
> also I can't get only whhat I want. I'd have to defrost the whole damn
> thing.

Why are you freezing chicken stock to make beef soup? I'm just
curious.

Have you checked your local Rubbermaid or Lock 'n Lock source, like a
big-box store or a supermarket? It seems I can find all kinds of
smallish containers with lids. Once the stock is frozen in an upright
state, they don't even need to be leak-proof. I know for a fact that
Ziploc makes 1 Cup round containers.

As to icecube trays, once the stock is frozen in cubes, dump them all
into a plastic bag that can be air-tight-sealed, and then you can just
take out one cube, or 6 cubes at a time.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:43:44 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

> newss wrote:
> > "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
> >> I am looking for freezer safe containers that would store one or two
> >> serving of concentrated stock to be used in making beef soup. The
> >> stock would be chicken broth.

> > Beef soup made from chicken broth?
> >

> Puzzled me, too.

It's hard to believe that she's a post grad student here in the US
considering her horrible command of English and muddled way of
presenting her thoughts.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 15, 10:33*am, "newss" > wrote:
> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message

> >I am looking for freezer safe containers that would store one or two
> > serving of concentrated stock to be used in making beef soup. The
> > stock would be chicken broth.

> Beef soup made from chicken broth?

Why not? Does every cooking need to be the American way?

It's one of Vietnamese Pho recipes. For a hypoglycemic like me needing
to eat beef, an easy way to add chicken to my diet along with beef is
to use chicken breast meat for things like Tandoori chicken or
fajitas, boil the breast bones just long enough to get the meat
enchiladas (for breakfast) and then continue boiling the bones to get
broth for beef soup. Buy sirloin beef and ask the meat dept. to cut
thin slices for me so that I can just make the soup quickly by adding
beef with bones (as sold in pakistani stores) to make Indoneais style
soup sometimes dipping the thin slice beef in the broth to make
Vietnamese soup. The plan is to eat beef and chicken together almost
daily instead of just beef or just chicken.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 15, 11:05*am, sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:38:36 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby
>
> > wrote:
> > Shape can be cubes/cylindrical or whatever shapes but I want
> > individual storage, i.e, enclosed containers. *I do not want thos
> > those ice cube trays which has no lid/cover for individual piece and
> > also I can't get only whhat I want. I'd have to defrost the whole damn
> > thing.

> I think ice cube trays are what you want. *Pop out the cubes and store
> them in a Zip Lock bag.

But when storing in the ice cube try, the smell of the freezer would
get to it. I am extremely sensitive to those smell. My freezer is
full of meat though they are in freezer bags. My be I can place the
ice cube tray in a big ziplock bag but that'd need more room to keep
it upright.

> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 15, 12:33*pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On Mar 15, 11:38*am, Manda Ruby > wrote:
>
> > I am looking for freezer safe containers that would store one or two
> > serving of concentrated stock to be used in making beef soup. The
> > stock would be chicken broth.

> > Shape can be cubes/cylindrical or whatever shapes but I want
> > individual storage, i.e, enclosed containers. *I do not want thos
> > those ice cube trays which has no lid/cover for individual piece and
> > also I can't get only whhat I want. I'd have to defrost the whole damn
> > thing.

> Why are you freezing chicken stock to make beef soup? *I'm just
> curious.

It's a recipe I am following also making use of my chicken breast
bones.

> Have you checked your local Rubbermaid or Lock 'n Lock source, like a
> big-box store or a supermarket? *It seems I can find all kinds of
> smallish containers with lids. *Once the stock is frozen in an upright
> state, they don't even need to be leak-proof. *I know for a fact that
> Ziploc makes 1 Cup round containers.

I want to make a bunch of CONCENTARTED supply of stock in small
cyndrical, rectangular or cube containers to place them in a ziplock
bag *as a part of my attempt to eat what I like while meeting my
hypoglyceimic diet requirement*. I like Asian style Vietnamese soup.

Then all I'd need to do is to grab one or two of those cencentrated
tubes (or whatever), throw in a microwave while I get beef for oen or
two servigs in sandwich bag that's taken out of the ziplock bag
defrosted in another microwave to prepare the soup quickly throwing in
fresh veges which btw I'd pick up on my way home. The key is to have a
little flexibility which from of beef soup dish I'd eat depending on
what I'd feel like making with no weekly planning (for the veges
part). I am talking about veges like bean spout that doesn't last.

That way, all I need to do when I get home tired and low on energy -
as a hypoglycemic, I can't tell how I feel on which days; it all
depends on how my days go aside from eatign well - is to just grab the
stock and beef pieces easily to make the soup quickly. Veges like
bean sprout and snow peas (no cutting needed) can be thrown into the
pot at the last minute. Trying to make the meal in less than 25 mins
w/o getting too tired afterward sot hat I'd have eneregy left to do
other things - now taking microbiology class - and wihout creating a
big pile of things to put in the sink The sink will get full quickly
with 1 Cup size containers. Excluding containers for storing food, I
already have lots of containers piled up in the sink weekly as I carry
many containers of food the day. I have enough takealong containers
for the whole week. Staring Monday, I just pile them up in one side of
the sink along with forks and spoons as I don't feel like stacking
them in the dishwasher until Friday night or Saturday morning. I only
put plates, bowls, glass and mugs in the dishwasher during the week.
That's just my way of minimizing time in the kitchen on weekdays.

> As to icecube trays, once the stock is frozen in cubes,

I have no room to place the icecube tray upright. Beside, it's more
work to freeze them, take the cubes out and then refreeze them in the
ziplock bag. Even if they don't get stuck, I'd have to touch with my
hands to get them out.

> dump them all
> into a plastic bag that can be air-tight-sealed, and then you can just
> take out one cube, or 6 cubes at a time.
>
> N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 15, 2:37*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:43:44 -0500, Janet Wilder
>
> > wrote:
> > newss wrote:

> > > Beef soup made from chicken broth?

> > Puzzled me, too.

> It's hard to believe that she's a post grad student here in the US
> considering her horrible command of English and muddled way of
> presenting her thoughts. *

I am not a post graduate student majoring English, am I? As for my
muddled way of presenting my thoughts, you don't have to read them
much les stry to understand, do you?

> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 15, 7:51*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Manda Ruby > wrote:
>
> > I am looking for freezer safe containers that would store one or two
> > serving of concentrated stock to be used in making beef soup. The
> > stock would be chicken broth.

> > Shape can be cubes/cylindrical or whatever shapes but I want

> A ZipLoc-type freezer bag would work. *Remove as much air as possible
> before freezing flat. *Thawing would be a snap.

I guess the easiest and cheapest way is to fill half of the sandwich
bags and then place them in a large ziplock bags and freeze, laying it
flat. That's how I freeze my meat, reusing the empty ziplock bag by
just puttig them back in the freezer w/o washing unless I feel like
washing them. Then throw away when it looks old.

> --
> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschaller
> Gumbo * 3-11-2010

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
On Mar 15, 10:33 am, "newss" > wrote:
> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message

> >I am looking for freezer safe containers that would store one or two
> > serving of concentrated stock to be used in making beef soup. The
> > stock would be chicken broth.

> Beef soup made from chicken broth?

>For a hypoglycemic like me needing to eat beef,

Nobody *needs* to eat beef. That's bullshit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/16/2010 3:58 PM, newss wrote:
> "Manda > wrote in message
> On Mar 15, 10:33 am, > wrote:
>> "Manda > wrote in message

>>> I am looking for freezer safe containers that would store one or two
>>> serving of concentrated stock to be used in making beef soup. The
>>> stock would be chicken broth.

>> Beef soup made from chicken broth?

>> For a hypoglycemic like me needing to eat beef,

> Nobody *needs* to eat beef. That's bullshit.

In any case, wouldn't beef broth be better for that application? Or is
he going for a "chicken fried soup" effect?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:03:34 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:24:40 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby
> > wrote:
>
> >On Mar 15, 11:05*am, sf > wrote:
> >> On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:38:36 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby

> >> I think ice cube trays are what you want. *Pop out the cubes and store
> >> them in a Zip Lock bag.

> >But when storing in the ice cube try, the smell of the freezer would
> >get to it. I am extremely sensitive to those smell. My freezer is
> >full of meat though they are in freezer bags. My be I can place the
> >ice cube tray in a big ziplock bag but that'd need more room to keep
> >it upright.

> It doesn't stay uncovered for long enough to pick up ANYTHING. Ice
> cubes freeze in a couple of hours, so you can decant them into baggies
> or sealed containers very quickly. Stuff only gets messed up if it
> sits in the freezer for months on end.

That kind of idiocy is what gets her kill filed.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 16, 1:16*pm, "J. Clarke" > wrote:
> On 3/16/2010 3:58 PM, newss wrote:
>

> > "Manda > *wrote in message

> >> Beef soup made from chicken broth?

> >> For a hypoglycemic like me needing to eat beef,

> > Nobody *needs* to eat beef. That's bullshit.

> In any case, wouldn't beef broth be better for that application? *

Making beef broth from beef would contain more fat than making
chicken broth unless I let it sit overnight in the fridge and remove
the fat. No room in the fridge for the pot. I have no plan to creat
more work by transferring to a big continer and then again to smaller
ones to freeze.

>Or is
> he going for a "chicken fried soup" effect?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 16, 8:02*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:03:34 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
>

> > wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:24:40 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby
> > > wrote:

> > >But when storing in the ice cube try, the smell of the freezer would
> > >get to it. I am extremely sensitive to those smell. *My freezer is
> > >full of meat though they are in freezer bags. My be I can place the
> > >ice cube tray in a big ziplock bag but that'd need more room to keep
> > >it upright.

> > It doesn't stay uncovered for long enough to pick up ANYTHING. Ice
> > cubes freeze in a couple of hours, so you can decant them into baggies
> > or sealed containers very quickly. Stuff only gets messed up if it
> > sits in the freezer for months on end.

> That kind of idiocy is what gets her kill filed.

Do you think I give a shit for gettingn killfiled by people like
you?
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> I am looking for freezer safe containers that would store one or two
> serving of concentrated stock to be used in making beef soup. The
> stock would be chicken broth.
>
> Shape can be cubes/cylindrical or whatever shapes but I want
> individual storage, i.e, enclosed containers. I do not want thos
> those ice cube trays which has no lid/cover for individual piece and
> also I can't get only whhat I want. I'd have to defrost the whole damn
> thing.

Nah. Pop the cubes out when they're frozen and put them back in the
freezer in a plastic bag. That way you can take out as many or as few
as you want at a time.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 17, 2:06*am, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> On Mar 16, 1:16*pm, "J. Clarke" > wrote:
>

> > On 3/16/2010 3:58 PM, newss wrote:

> > > Nobody *needs* to eat beef. That's bullshit.

> > In any case, wouldn't beef broth be better for that application? *

> * Making beef broth from beef would *contain more fat than making
> chicken broth unless I let it sit overnight in the fridge and remove
> the fat. *No room in the fridge for the pot. I have no plan to creat
> more work by transferring to a big continer and then again to smaller
> ones to freeze.

Well, if you're that ****ing lazy, open a can.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> On Mar 15, 11:05*am, sf > wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:38:36 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby
> >
> > > wrote:
> > > Shape can be cubes/cylindrical or whatever shapes but I want
> > > individual storage, i.e, enclosed containers. *I do not want thos
> > > those ice cube trays which has no lid/cover for individual piece and
> > > also I can't get only whhat I want. I'd have to defrost the whole damn
> > > thing.

> > I think ice cube trays are what you want. *Pop out the cubes and store
> > them in a Zip Lock bag.

> But when storing in the ice cube try, the smell of the freezer would
> get to it. I am extremely sensitive to those smell. My freezer is
> full of meat though they are in freezer bags. My be I can place the
> ice cube tray in a big ziplock bag but that'd need more room to keep
> it upright.

That's why you don't store it in the ice cube tray, but pop the cubes
out and store them in a plastic bag.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> On Mar 16, 7:03*pm, Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:24:40 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby
> >

> > > wrote:

> > >But when storing in the ice cube try, the smell of the freezer would
> > >get to it. I am extremely sensitive to those smell. *My freezer is
> > >full of meat though they are in freezer bags. My be I can place the
> > >ice cube tray in a big ziplock bag but that'd need more room to keep
> > >it upright.

> > It doesn't stay uncovered for long enough to pick up ANYTHING.

> May be not for other peopel. For me, No. I can't stand any slight
> smell of that picked up.
>
> > Ice
> > cubes freeze in a couple of hours, so you can decant them into baggies
> > or sealed containers very quickly.

> I'd have to get the cubes loose to fall off the ice cube trays and
> then transfer to bags to freeze. That's extra work for me.

So much extra work that it's not worth it? Really? It's the work of
but a moment.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF wrote:

> I am looking for freezer safe containers that would store one or two
> serving of concentrated stock to be used in making beef soup. The
> stock would be chicken broth.
>
> Shape can be cubes/cylindrical or whatever shapes but I want
> individual storage, i.e, enclosed containers. I do not want thos
> those ice cube trays which has no lid/cover for individual piece and
> also I can't get only whhat I want. I'd have to defrost the whole damn
> thing.
>
> It doesn't have to be plastic but Iif it is aluminum or stainless
> steel it needs to be small so that I can socka it in hot water and
> slide the pice out quickly. I'd prefer micrwaving though.
>
> I have done some googling but the only plastic bottle that are similar
> size I saw are for chemical sipplies but they have neck that are
> smaller than the body - I prefer the cylindrical shape all the way to
> the lid so that I can defrost it quickly and slide the frozen piece
> out into the pot.
>
> Though I'd prefer something that is not that long, an example of
> cylindrical shape (all the way to the lid) is spice bottles shown at
> http://www.fantes.com/images/2240spice.jpg
>
> If you have any useful information what to busy from where and would
> like to share, that'd be great.

Peter recommended http://pata.oueb.eu/how-to/falitin.html

I haven't been to the site, so I can't comment on its applicability to
your problem.

I'm curious about the "Chichen broth" you mentioned in the Subject line. Do
you make it from real Chechens?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 17, 8:48*pm, Miche > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Manda Ruby > wrote:
>

> > On Mar 15, 11:05*am, sf > wrote:
> > > On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:38:36 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby

> > > I think ice cube trays are what you want. *Pop out the cubes and store
> > > them in a Zip Lock bag.

> > But when storing in the ice cube try, the smell of the freezer would
> > get to it. I am extremely sensitive to those smell. *My freezer is
> > full of meat though they are in freezer bags. My be I can place the
> > ice cube tray in a big ziplock bag but that'd need more room to keep
> > it upright.

> That's why you don't store it in the ice cube tray, but pop the cubes
> out and store them in a plastic bag.

But what about while freezing them in the ice cube trays? It will
pick up the smell. I am EXTREMELY sensitive to the smell. It's not due
to sensitivity. It's a condition I have that can trigger sinus headche
from things likek perfume.

> Miche
>
> --
> Electricians do it in three phases- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 17, 8:49*pm, Miche > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Manda Ruby > wrote:
>

> > On Mar 16, 7:03*pm, Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:
> > > On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:24:40 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby

> > > It doesn't stay uncovered for long enough to pick up ANYTHING.

> > *May be not for other peopel. For me, No. I can't stand any slight
> > smell of that picked up.

> > > *Ice
> > > cubes freeze in a couple of hours, so you can decant them into baggies
> > > or sealed containers very quickly.

> > *I'd have to get the cubes loose to fall off the ice cube trays and
> > then transfer to bags to freeze. That's extra work for me.

> So much extra work that it's not worth it? *Really? *It's the work of
> but a moment.

But, as a hypoglycemic, I already have a lot more work having to cook
than eat out, cooking more variety, and eat more often (not when I
want to but when I need to which can mean stop whatever I'd be doing
and eat) while eating more often doesn't mean eating at home
conveniently.

Beside, I am talking about making broth routinely and freezing and
using them every week, not just when I feel like making soup. Plus,
making other dishes so that I'd eat many different source of meat in
one meal. And I only have time to do the cooking on one day of the
weekends. Thank goodness that I have developed a habit not to do
grocery shopping on weekends. Otherwise, I'd be too tired to do that
much cooking/preparartion.

> Miche
>
> --
> Electricians do it in three phases- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I have no room to place the icecube tray upright. Beside, it's more

Ice cube trays lie flat - you mean your freezer won't accommodate an
ice-cube tray?

> work to freeze them, take the cubes out and then refreeze them in the
> ziplock bag. Even if they don't get stuck, I'd have to touch with my
> hands to get them out.

You don't "take the cubes out and then refreeze them." They are
already frozen and they stay frozen. Twist the tray, dump them into a
Ziploc, put the Ziploc in the freezer and you're done.

> > dump them all
> > into a plastic bag that can be air-tight-sealed, and then you can just
> > take out one cube, or 6 cubes at a time.

> > N.- Hide quoted text -

It seems you'd rather complain than solve your problem. What's the
difference between taking out a cube or two of frozen concentrated
stock (you can wear food gloves, you know) and taking out a
container? I don't get the "touch" problem.

Whatever, go ahead and complain. You've had plenty of good ideas, you
just refuse to say, "Thanks," and move on.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

This is exactly the type of post I'm talking about. Who is talking to
whom? I don't know! This is why people need to start top posting!
Attribution lines stay with posts. You can scroll down if you need to
catch up on the entire thread and you know who said what. This is
post is just a piece of useless garbage.

Sorry I seem to be picking on you, Nancy, I'm not. It's just that
this new fad of taking out "who said it" is beyond lazy. People who
insist on bottom posting should DO THE WORK associated with it.

``````````````````````````````

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 06:53:25 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2

--
http://picasaweb.google.com/sf.usenet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> On Mar 17, 8:49*pm, Miche > wrote:
> > In article

> > So much extra work that it's not worth it? *Really? *It's the work of
> > but a moment.

> But, as a hypoglycemic, I already have a lot more work having to cook
> than eat out, cooking more variety, and eat more often (not when I
> want to but when I need to which can mean stop whatever I'd be doing
> and eat) while eating more often doesn't mean eating at home
> conveniently.
>
> Beside, I am talking about making broth routinely and freezing and
> using them every week, not just when I feel like making soup. Plus,
> making other dishes so that I'd eat many different source of meat in
> one meal. And I only have time to do the cooking on one day of the
> weekends. Thank goodness that I have developed a habit not to do
> grocery shopping on weekends. Otherwise, I'd be too tired to do that
> much cooking/preparartion.

If you're finding it so hard to eat well as a hypoglycaemic person that
you can't empty an ice cube tray into a bag, it might be time for you to
see a dietician.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 19, 6:53*am, Nancy2 > wrote:
> > I have no room to place the icecube tray upright. Beside, it's more

> Ice cube trays lie flat - you mean your freezer won't accommodate an
> ice-cube tray?

That's what I said. My freezer is with shelves.

> > work to freeze them, take the cubes out and then refreeze them in the
> > ziplock bag. Even if they don't get stuck, I'd have to touch with my
> > hands to get them out.

> You don't "take the cubes out and then refreeze them." *They are
> already frozen and they stay frozen.

I'd have to take them out - whether via twisiting the tray or whatever
- and put the cubes in ziplock bag to re-freeze them.

>*Twist the tray, dump them into a
> Ziploc, put the Ziploc in the freezer and you're done.
>

> > > dump them all
> > > into a plastic bag that can be air-tight-sealed, and then you can just
> > > take out one cube, or 6 cubes at a time.

> > > N.- Hide quoted text -

> It seems you'd rather complain than solve your problem. *

I specifially stated *how* I wanted to solve my problem and what I was
looking for, i.e.e not the ice cube tray.

> What's the
> difference between taking out a cube or two of frozen concentrated
> stock (you can wear food gloves, you know) and taking out a
> container? *I don't get the "touch" problem.

Touchig with my hand, I'd have to wash my hand. I wsh my hands way too
many times during food preparation for fear of cross contamination (of
meat) as well as to prevent the spice bottles, etc. from gettinf
sticky.

> Whatever, go ahead and complain. *You've had plenty of good ideas, you
> just refuse to say, "Thanks," and move on.
>
> N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 19, 1:16*pm, Miche > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Manda Ruby > wrote:
>

> > On Mar 17, 8:49*pm, Miche > wrote:
> > > In article
> > > So much extra work that it's not worth it? *Really? *It's the work of
> > > but a moment.

> > But, as a hypoglycemic, I already have a lot more work having to cook
> > than eat out, cooking more variety, and eat more often (not when I
> > want to but when I need to which can mean stop whatever I'd be doing
> > and eat) while eating more often *doesn't mean eating at home
> > conveniently.

> > Beside, I am talking about making broth routinely and freezing and
> > using them every week, not just when I feel like making soup. Plus,
> > making other dishes so that I'd eat many different source of meat in
> > one meal. *And I only have time to do the cooking on one day of the
> > weekends. *Thank goodness that I have developed * a habit not to do
> > grocery shopping on weekends. Otherwise, I'd be too tired to do that
> > much cooking/preparartion.

> If you're finding it so hard to eat well as a hypoglycaemic person that
> you can't empty an ice cube tray into a bag, it might be time for you to
> see a dietician. *
>
> Miche

Why do you people insist that I should l run my life the way you do?
Do you get up at 6 O'Clock to go to work? Do you have the type of
Rhinitis I have that trigger sinus headache from strong smell and
heat, uncomfortableness (or fever if mold are present) from dust and
what not and hence having to dust and vacuum constantly?

Do you have to drive across town to catch your microbiology class (1
1/2 hr for lecture and then 2 2/1 hr for lab) with two quizzes
(lecture quiz and lab quiz) per day for two days a week?

The last time I relied on some else for my health completely - not
useful info for two year, until I oput 2 and 2 together, I lost a
good 7 years of my life. It took 5 years since the day of proper
diagnosis to get a normal life back. And I have two physicians in my
immediate family and both are useless just like the rest of them.

> --
> Electricians do it in three phases- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Miche" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> Manda Ruby > wrote:
>
>> On Mar 19, 1:16 pm, Miche > wrote:
>> > In article

>> > If you're finding it so hard to eat well as a hypoglycaemic person that
>> > you can't empty an ice cube tray into a bag, it might be time for you
>> > see a dietician.
>> >
>> > Miche

>> Why do you people insist that I should l run my life the way you do?

> Um, I'm not.
>
>> Do you get up at 6 O'Clock to go to work?

> Actually, yes I do.
>
>> Do you have the type of
>> Rhinitis I have that trigger sinus headache from strong smell and
>> heat, uncomfortableness (or fever if mold are present) from dust and
>> what not and hence having to dust and vacuum constantly?

> I do have chronic sinus issues.
>>
>> Do you have to drive across town to catch your microbiology class (1
>> 1/2 hr for lecture and then 2 2/1 hr for lab) with two quizzes
>> (lecture quiz and lab quiz) per day for two days a week?

> I have a 45 minute commute to work.
>
>> The last time I relied on some else for my health completely - not
>> useful info for two year, until I oput 2 and 2 together, I lost a
>> good 7 years of my life. It took 5 years since the day of proper
>> diagnosis to get a normal life back. And I have two physicians in my
>> immediate family and both are useless just like the rest of them.

> Which is no reason to go at me like you just did. I'm sorry you've had
> bad experiences with doctors. I've had my share of them, too.
>
> However, it's false to imagine that all doctors are useless just because
> some of them are. Really. Having a good doctor has made an amazing
> difference to my life, in a positive direction.
>
> Miche

I've found that most people that complain about all doctors being useless
are generally the ones with the problem, not the doctors themselves.
Usually because they're hypochondriacs and can't get the diagnosis they
"think" they have.

Jinx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:48:26 -0500, "Jinx Minx" >
wrote:

> I've found that most people that complain about all doctors being useless
> are generally the ones with the problem, not the doctors themselves.
> Usually because they're hypochondriacs and can't get the diagnosis they
> "think" they have.

Manda is a head case. End of story.

--
http://picasaweb.google.com/sf.usenet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Looking for light weight, small size cylindrical or any other shape that is freezer safe to store concentrated stock (Chichen broth for example) and I do not like you people, you are all idiots who only want to see me thrash and flail about in ag

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 19:11:31 -0700, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> amandaF wrote:
>
>> Why do you people insist that I should l run my life the way you do?

> <snip remainder>
>
> Everybody who posted here has been laughing at you. We all know the perfect
> solution to your problem. We all freeze stock in our secret lightweight
> containers. But let me tell you, our secret lightweight small stock-freezing
> containers are *not* cylindrical; that's wasteful of space, and freezer
> space is a commodity we like to allocate with precision.
>
> Our secret small lightweight frozen-stock-storage containers are made of a
> material which grows but does not deform as the stock freezes, i.e., its
> basic shape gets bigger rather than bowing out at the sides, so that precise
> three-dimensional packing is optimized.
>
> We also have secret freezers which retract into the floor, keep inventory of
> their contents, and whose robotic tentacles can retrieve any particular
> frozen item when requested (via the freezer robot interface control
> module -- FRICM -- in our kitchen computers), so that we never have to go
> digging around in our freezers looking for something.
>
> But you do not want to run your life the way we do, so our secrets are not
> for you. Go your own way, Ai-Lao, and solve your own problems.
>
> Bob

wait a minute! they got them things at amazon?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:13:25 -0400, blake murphy
> wrote:

> wait a minute! they got them things at amazon?

Free shipping too.

--
http://picasaweb.google.com/sf.usenet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 19, 6:33*pm, Miche > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Manda Ruby > wrote:
>

> > On Mar 19, 1:16*pm, Miche > wrote:
> > > In article

> > > If you're finding it so hard to eat well as a hypoglycaemic person that
> > > you can't empty an ice cube tray into a bag, it might be time for you to
> > > see a dietician. *

> > > Miche

> > Why do you people insist that I should l run my life the way you do?

> Um, I'm not.
>
> > Do you get up at 6 O'Clock to go to work?

> Actually, yes I do.
>
> > *Do you have the type of
> > Rhinitis I have that trigger sinus headache from strong smell and
> > heat, uncomfortableness *(or fever if mold are present) *from dust and
> > what not and hence having to dust and vacuum constantly?

> I do have chronic sinus issues.

Mine doesn't have any medication - NONE - to cope with it. Prevention
is the only way. While I can keep my place clean and keep the temp I
want as soon as I left my home, I am under the weather.

> > Do you have to drive across town to catch your microbiology class (1
> > 1/2 hr for lecture and then 2 2/1 hr for lab) with two quizzes
> > (lecture quiz and lab quiz) per day for two days a week?

> I have a 45 minute commute to work.
>
> > The last time I relied on some else for my health completely - not
> > useful info for two year, until I oput 2 and 2 together, *I lost a
> > good 7 years of my life. *It took 5 years since the day of *proper
> > diagnosis to get a normal life back. *And I have two physicians in my
> > immediate family and both are useless just like the rest of them.

> Which is no reason to go at me like you just did.

True. And I apologize. Ice cube trays is out of question for me.
BTW, I was thinking about using popsicle mold. Someone posted amazon
link via which I found this:
http://www.amazon.com/Tovolo-Green-S...d_bxgy_k_img_a

> *I'm sorry you've had
> bad experiences with doctors. *I've had my share of them, too. *
>
> However, it's false to imagine that all doctors are useless just because
> some of them are. *Really. *Having a good doctor has made an amazing
> difference to my life, in a positive direction.
>
> Miche

Well, you are lucky to have good doctors. In this state of CA,
dentists are thieves and doctors are robbers. The only time I have
been lucky about a doctor in US was in Illinois when I was going to
school there - and that was because I picked an Indian doctor out of a
phone book.

I have been trying to find a good doctor but so far, no one I know
have recommended their doctors. I don't plan to waste my time going
through many to find one.

> --
> Electricians do it in three phases- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 19, 6:07*pm, Goomba > wrote:
> Manda Ruby wrote:
>
> * *And I have two physicians in my
>
> > immediate family and both are useless just like the rest of them.

> Unless one is a psychiatrist, your family member physicians probably
> have nothing to offer you.

Gumbo can't keep her mouth shut. She yearns for attention from me.
Here you go shamelss Gumbo: Go get that chicken bone I threw in my
trash.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 19, 7:48*pm, "Jinx Minx" > wrote:
> "Miche" > wrote in message

> > In article
> > >,
> > Manda Ruby > wrote:

> >> Why do you people insist that I should l run my life the way you do?

> > Um, I'm not.

> >> Do you get up at 6 O'Clock to go to work?

> > Actually, yes I do.

> >> *Do you have the type of
> >> Rhinitis I have that trigger sinus headache from strong smell and
> >> heat, uncomfortableness *(or fever if mold are present) *from dust and
> >> what not and hence having to dust and vacuum constantly?

> > I do have chronic sinus issues.

> >> Do you have to drive across town to catch your microbiology class (1
> >> 1/2 hr for lecture and then 2 2/1 hr for lab) with two quizzes
> >> (lecture quiz and lab quiz) per day for two days a week?

> > I have a 45 minute commute to work.

> >> The last time I relied on some else for my health completely - not
> >> useful info for two year, until I oput 2 and 2 together, *I lost a
> >> good 7 years of my life. *It took 5 years since the day of *proper
> >> diagnosis to get a normal life back. *And I have two physicians in my
> >> immediate family and both are useless just like the rest of them.

> > Which is no reason to go at me like you just did. *I'm sorry you've had
> > bad experiences with doctors. *I've had my share of them, too.

> > However, it's false to imagine that all doctors are useless just because
> > some of them are. *Really. *Having a good doctor has made an amazing
> > difference to my life, in a positive direction.

> > Miche

> I've found that most people that complain about all doctors being useless
> are generally the ones with the problem, not the doctors themselves.
> Usually because they're hypochondriacs and can't get the diagnosis they
> "think" they have.

So, you are one of those who think highly of doctors just because
they're doctors. End of story.

> Jinx- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 20, 2:56*am, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:48:26 -0500, "Jinx Minx" >
> wrote:
>
> > I've found that most people that complain about all doctors being useless
> > are generally the ones with the problem, not the doctors themselves.
> > Usually because they're hypochondriacs and can't get the diagnosis they
> > "think" they have.

> Manda is a head case. *End of story.

If saying so would make you save a trip to your psychologist, please
go head, act like you know me.

> --http://picasaweb.google.com/sf.usenet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:07:47 -0400, Goomba wrote:

> Manda Ruby wrote:
> And I have two physicians in my
>> immediate family and both are useless just like the rest of them.

> Unless one is a psychiatrist, your family member physicians probably
> have nothing to offer you.

<snort>

your pal,
blake