Default Freezing pumpkin?

I make the refreshments for church each Wednesday night, and try to
provide as wide a variety as possible - for example, I choose two or
three selections from a fruit cookie or bar, spice, something chocolate,
something nutty, etc. I don't like to repeat flavors within a couple
of weeks (except, of course, chocolate!), and rarely repeat the same
recipe within a period of several months.

Anyway, I've come across a bunch of pumpkin cookie and bar recipes that
I'll make over the next few months. Most call for a cup or even less of
pumpkin - far less than is in even a small can. I hate to waste the
church's money and toss what I don't use, because I know it'll be at
least 2-3 weeks before I get to using it again and it will spoil if just
left in the fridge. So, my question is, can canned pumpkin be frozen?

Thanks!