Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How do I make puree out of the pumpkin flesh of a carved pumpkin?

First, the farmer said the pumpkin was meant to be eaten.
Normally I'd roast the pumpkin itself, but in this case I've got the
flesh already, what do I do to turn it into puree?
Thanks
Doug
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
>malesheep)tops.co.uk wrote:
>
>> First, the farmer said the pumpkin was meant to be eaten.
>> Normally I'd roast the pumpkin itself, but in this case I've got the
>> flesh already, what do I do to turn it into puree?
>> Thanks

>Have you cooked it yet? Mash it after you do that and let it drain
>overnight in a colander.

Someone oughtta stick a catheter in your fat poop chute and let you
drain overnight. LOL Much better to put the punkin outdoors and let
the critters have at it, buy canned and save yourself a lot of effort.
And iffn ya really gotta have a DIY project butternut squash is in the
produce section now by the ton.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 30, 2:20*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> sf wrote:
> >malesheep)tops.co.uk wrote:

> >> First, the farmer said the pumpkin was meant to be eaten.
> >> Normally I'd roast the pumpkin itself, but in this case I've got the
> >> flesh already, what do I do to turn it into puree?
> >> Thanks

> >Have you cooked it yet? *Mash it after you do that and let it drain
> >overnight in a colander.

> Someone oughtta stick a catheter in your fat poop chute and let you
> drain overnight.

ROFL