Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT buying flooring

I saved 35%+ on stone tile for my bathroom floor by buying it online.
If it would have been 5 or 10%, I would have bought locally, but I
saved between $195-$205 (depending on what shipping ends up being).
This place has the best prices I found after much searching:
http://www.qflooring.com/
http://www.qflooring.com/marbles.asp
Rain Forest Green is like the green version of what we have in our
current bathroom:
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/77.../2769264_zpid/

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Food Snob® wrote:
> I saved 35%+ on stone tile for my bathroom floor by buying it online.

When you buy a natural stone sight unseen you may be surprised at what
you get. The sample chip you see on line may not be even close to
representing what you actually get. Stone is not all created equally and
the quality varies tremendously. If it isn't calibrated properly or at
all you get variation in thickness and your finished job will suffer
tremendously as well as your toes. Shipping rock is not usually all that
economical if the quantity amounts to very much and returning it is
another story. Maybe you are not too particular and don't care and maybe
you will be lucky. Ceramic tile is a bit easier since it will be more
consistent. I buy stone/marble/lueders/travertine/quartz quite often and
pick each individual piece if possible, especially if it is to be used
in a small area. 200$ is peanuts to save on any natural surface
installation.

If you are doing it yourself this is a good place to learn some things:

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/....php?forumid=1

jay

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Food Snob® > wrote:

> I saved 35%+ on stone tile for my bathroom floor by buying it online.
> If it would have been 5 or 10%, I would have bought locally, but I
> saved between $195-$205 (depending on what shipping ends up being).
> This place has the best prices I found after much searching:

<snipped spam URLs>

I did my kitchen on the cheap. I won 1500 square feet of oak hard wood
flooring, installed, from the StL home show last spring. I had to take
the old flooring out, myself. That was a chore, but so worth it.

jt