Hahabogus

Default Baked Salmon with Dill Mustard Sauce

from: http://www.whatscookingamerica.net/SalmonDill.htm

For supper tonight.

I added 1 pkg sugar substitute to the sauce...but that's just me.

Since I don't cook/bake salmon often, is there something else I should
season the salmon with other than just the salt and pepper?

Baked Salmon with Dill Mustard Sauce

Baked salmon is so easy to make and so delicious! The wonderful Dill
Mustard Sauce really
compliments the salmon's delicate flavor. Be sure and check out my complete
Baked Salmon Dinner Party Menu (including recipes).

Click here to learn the interesting story of Pacific Salmon

1 (2- to 3-pound) salmon fillet, 1 1/2-inches thick
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
2 tablespoons minced fresh dillweed
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of an ungreased broiling pan
with aluminum foil and spray broiler rack with vegetable-oil cooking spray.
Wash salmon and pat dry. Rub with olive oil, sprinkle with coarse salt and
pepper, and place skin-side down onto rack.

In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, Dijon
mustard, dillweed, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; cover bowl with plastic
wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.

Bake salmon, uncovered, 8 to 12 minutes or until a meat thermometer
registers an internal temperature of 140 degrees F (salmon will be slightly
opaque in thickest part). NOTE: During this time the salmon continues to
cook (meat temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees after it is removed from
the oven) and the juices redistribute. Carefully remove salmon from pan and
transfer onto individual serving plates. Serve with the cold mustard dill
sauce.

Approximately cooking times for salmon:

1/4 to 1/3-inch - 3 to 4 minutes
1/2 to 3/4-inch - 4 to 6 minutes
1 to 1 1/2-inch - 8 to 12 minutes

Makes 4 to 6 servings.
--
Starchless in Manitoba.
cycjec

Hahabogus > wrote:

> from: http://www.whatscookingamerica.net/SalmonDill.htm

must have been very good

cycjec

Hahabogus > wrote:

> from: http://www.whatscookingamerica.net/SalmonDill.htm

must have been very good

cycjec

Hahabogus > wrote:

> from: http://www.whatscookingamerica.net/SalmonDill.htm

must have been very good

cycjec

Hahabogus > wrote:

> from: http://www.whatscookingamerica.net/SalmonDill.htm

must have been very good

cycjec

Hahabogus > wrote:

> from: http://www.whatscookingamerica.net/SalmonDill.htm

must have been very good

cycjec

Hahabogus > wrote:

> from: http://www.whatscookingamerica.net/SalmonDill.htm

must have been very good

sf

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:51:34 GMT, >
wrote:

> Hahabogus > wrote:
> >
> > from: http://www.whatscookingamerica.net/SalmonDill.htm

> must have been very good

Years ago I knew someone who put mayonaise & dill on top of
salmon steaks before she baked them. It puffed up and
formed a beautifully browned crust. I can imagine that the
mustard/mayo sauce could do the same thing... not sure how
sour cream would affect the effect, though.

sf
sf

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:51:34 GMT, >
wrote:

> Hahabogus > wrote:
> >
> > from: http://www.whatscookingamerica.net/SalmonDill.htm

> must have been very good

Years ago I knew someone who put mayonaise & dill on top of
salmon steaks before she baked them. It puffed up and
formed a beautifully browned crust. I can imagine that the
mustard/mayo sauce could do the same thing... not sure how
sour cream would affect the effect, though.

sf
MaryMind

sf wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:51:34 GMT, >
> wrote:
>

>> Hahabogus > wrote:
>> >
>> > from: http://www.whatscookingamerica.net/SalmonDill.htm

>> must have been very good

> Years ago I knew someone who put mayonaise & dill on top of
> salmon steaks before she baked them. It puffed up and
> formed a beautifully browned crust. I can imagine that the
> mustard/mayo sauce could do the same thing... not sure how
> sour cream would affect the effect, though.
>

> sf
> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

In one of Stephen Raichlin's BBQ books is a recipe for grilled salmon
with a wonderful mustard-mayo-dill sauce - it also uses whole toasted
mustard seeds. Unfortunately, I do not have the book, my brother in NJ
does.
Something like:
3/4 cup mayonnaise
4 Tbl toasted mustard seeds (put 2 Tbl aside)
1/4 cup dijon mustard
2 Tbl fresh dillweed
1 Tbl dark brown sugar

Mix all ingredients together (reserving 2 Tbl toasted mustard seeds) and
let flavors meld for at least an hour.
Lightly oil salmon steaks - coat tops of steaks with sauce - grill
salmon - sprinkle remaining mustard seeds on top before serving.

MaryMind

sf wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:51:34 GMT, >
> wrote:
>

>> Hahabogus > wrote:
>> >
>> > from: http://www.whatscookingamerica.net/SalmonDill.htm

>> must have been very good

> Years ago I knew someone who put mayonaise & dill on top of
> salmon steaks before she baked them. It puffed up and
> formed a beautifully browned crust. I can imagine that the
> mustard/mayo sauce could do the same thing... not sure how
> sour cream would affect the effect, though.
>

> sf
> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

In one of Stephen Raichlin's BBQ books is a recipe for grilled salmon
with a wonderful mustard-mayo-dill sauce - it also uses whole toasted
mustard seeds. Unfortunately, I do not have the book, my brother in NJ
does.
Something like:
3/4 cup mayonnaise
4 Tbl toasted mustard seeds (put 2 Tbl aside)
1/4 cup dijon mustard
2 Tbl fresh dillweed
1 Tbl dark brown sugar

Mix all ingredients together (reserving 2 Tbl toasted mustard seeds) and
let flavors meld for at least an hour.
Lightly oil salmon steaks - coat tops of steaks with sauce - grill
salmon - sprinkle remaining mustard seeds on top before serving.

Baked Salmon with Tiger Prawns, Dill and White Wine AJ Recipes (moderated) 0 15-08-2007 12:13 AM
Salmon with Orange-Dill Yogurt Sauce Char Recipes (moderated) 0 18-03-2007 04:20 AM
Salmon Loaf With Cucumber - Dill Sauce Doughboy Recipes (moderated) 0 14-12-2004 04:01 AM
Salmon in Dill Sauce 7Hawks Recipes 0 24-11-2004 05:45 PM
Poached Salmon with Mustard-Dill Sauce Duckie ® Recipes 0 18-05-2004 08:43 PM