BWsilverbolt

Default Key Lime Juice

Anybody out there know where I can find key lime juice in Centeral MA?
Jessica V.

BWsilverbolt wrote:

> Anybody out there know where I can find key lime juice in Centeral MA?

Either Shaws/Star Market or Williams Sonoma.

Jessica V.

BWsilverbolt wrote:

> Anybody out there know where I can find key lime juice in Centeral MA?

Either Shaws/Star Market or Williams Sonoma.

zxcvbob

BWsilverbolt wrote:
> Anybody out there know where I can find key lime juice in Centeral MA?

You'll have a better if you look for fresh key limes and juice them
yourself. I live in Minnesota and frequently see key limes in the
supermarkets.

Best regards,
Bob
zxcvbob

BWsilverbolt wrote:
> Anybody out there know where I can find key lime juice in Centeral MA?

You'll have a better if you look for fresh key limes and juice them
yourself. I live in Minnesota and frequently see key limes in the
supermarkets.

Best regards,
Bob

Cynthia Mason

Are you talking about - like- bottled Real lemon but Real lime juice?
If the grocery stores don't have it - try the liquor stores or health
food stores.

Cynthia Mason

Are you talking about - like- bottled Real lemon but Real lime juice?
If the grocery stores don't have it - try the liquor stores or health
food stores.

baker

zxcvbob > wrote in :

> BWsilverbolt wrote:
>> Anybody out there know where I can find key lime juice in Centeral MA?

> You'll have a better if you look for fresh key limes and juice them
> yourself. I live in Minnesota and frequently see key limes in the
> supermarkets.
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

Yes, fresh is better. In fact, IMHO, fresh Persian lime juice is far
better than bottled key lime juice.

--
It's me, Baker!

When the Chips are Down,
the Buffalo is Empty.
baker

zxcvbob > wrote in :

> BWsilverbolt wrote:
>> Anybody out there know where I can find key lime juice in Centeral MA?

> You'll have a better if you look for fresh key limes and juice them
> yourself. I live in Minnesota and frequently see key limes in the
> supermarkets.
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

Yes, fresh is better. In fact, IMHO, fresh Persian lime juice is far
better than bottled key lime juice.

--
It's me, Baker!

When the Chips are Down,
the Buffalo is Empty.

The best key lime juice is Nellie & Joe's. I had stocked up on it when
I went to the Keys some years back, but soon learned that if a bottle
(even unopened) isn't used within a few months, it separates. Might be
usable, but it looked NASTY. To my surprise I did find it in a
supermarket in Hawaii, where even some products common on the Mainland
are difficult to obtain, so perhaps your supermarket has it. If not, you
can get it from cookscorner.com for $2.99 a bottle, plus shipping.

I agree, fresh is best, but you can't always find key limes and it's
nice to have a bottle on hand for that spur-of-the-moment pie.

Charles Gifford

"BWsilverbolt" > wrote in message
om...
> Anybody out there know where I can find key lime juice in Centeral MA?

If you have a Mexican or Hispanic market in your area, they will have limons
(aka Mexican limes). They are the same thing as Key limes.

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"BWsilverbolt" > wrote in message
om...
> Anybody out there know where I can find key lime juice in Centeral MA?

If you have a Mexican or Hispanic market in your area, they will have limons
(aka Mexican limes). They are the same thing as Key limes.

Charlie

Gregory Morrow

> I agree, fresh is best, but you can't always find key limes and it's
> nice to have a bottle on hand for that spur-of-the-moment pie.

I use Key Lime juice as an ingredient for a marinade for chicken and pork. I
combine it with some Asian chili sauce, garlic, soy sauce...it imparts an
excellent taste especially to chicken breast (which really needs it).

--
Best
Greg

Default User

zxcvbob wrote:

> BWsilverbolt wrote:
> > Anybody out there know where I can find key lime juice in Centeral
> > MA?

> You'll have a better if you look for fresh key limes and juice them
> yourself. I live in Minnesota and frequently see key limes in the
> supermarkets.

You're lucky. I never see them in the big supermarkets here (St.
Louis). Some of the smaller chains probably have them (I think I saw
them at Straub's for you St. Louis people).

Brian
sf

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:59:50 GMT, "Default User"
> wrote:

> zxcvbob wrote:
>
> > BWsilverbolt wrote:
> > > Anybody out there know where I can find key lime juice in Centeral
> > > MA?

> > You'll have a better if you look for fresh key limes and juice them
> > yourself. I live in Minnesota and frequently see key limes in the
> > supermarkets.

> You're lucky. I never see them in the big supermarkets here (St.
> Louis). Some of the smaller chains probably have them (I think I saw
> them at Straub's for you St. Louis people).

I went down to my local Mexican market and they just had
regular limes and lemons (not even any Meyer lemons). The
store owner says in Mexico, they are small and full of
seeds. Does that accurately describe a key lime? The
picture here seems to be seedy. http://www.keylime.com/

sf

zxcvbob

sf wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:59:50 GMT, "Default User"
> > wrote:
>

>> zxcvbob wrote:

>> > You'll have a better if you look for fresh key limes and juice them
>> > yourself. I live in Minnesota and frequently see key limes in the
>> > supermarkets.

>> You're lucky. I never see them in the big supermarkets here (St.
>> Louis). Some of the smaller chains probably have them (I think I saw
>> them at Straub's for you St. Louis people).
>>

> I went down to my local Mexican market and they just had
> regular limes and lemons (not even any Meyer lemons). The
> store owner says in Mexico, they are small and full of
> seeds. Does that accurately describe a key lime? The
> picture here seems to be seedy. http://www.keylime.com/

Yes, the are small and juicy and seedy. I wouldn't quite say "full of
seeds". Trifoliate oranges are full of seeds.

Bob

Julian Vrieslander

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> I went down to my local Mexican market and they just had
> regular limes and lemons (not even any Meyer lemons). The
> store owner says in Mexico, they are small and full of
> seeds. Does that accurately describe a key lime? The
> picture here seems to be seedy. http://www.keylime.com/

They are small, yes, but I've never noticed if they have more seeds than
bigger limes.

We bought a lime juicer for $3 in a Mexican grocery store. It looks
something like a garlic press. Fancier versions can be found from
Williams Sonoma, etc. This gadget is very useful, since you have to
squooze quite a few of these little guys to get enough juice for a pie.

--
Julian Vrieslander

Julian Vrieslander wrote:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
> > I went down to my local Mexican market and they just had
> > regular limes and lemons (not even any Meyer lemons). The
> > store owner says in Mexico, they are small and full of
> > seeds. Does that accurately describe a key lime? The
> > picture here seems to be seedy. http://www.keylime.com/

> They are small, yes, but I've never noticed if they have more seeds
> than bigger limes.

Persian limes are generally seedless.

Brian

Julian Vrieslander wrote:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
> > I went down to my local Mexican market and they just had
> > regular limes and lemons (not even any Meyer lemons). The
> > store owner says in Mexico, they are small and full of
> > seeds. Does that accurately describe a key lime? The
> > picture here seems to be seedy. http://www.keylime.com/

> They are small, yes, but I've never noticed if they have more seeds
> than bigger limes.

Persian limes are generally seedless.

Brian
Fred McKenzie

<< Oddly, one place I did find them was at a WalMart at The Lake of the
Ozarks. >>

I saw some Key Limes (produce of Mexico) at the local Walmart yesterday.
However, they were green, and smaller than the ones my tree produces.

I realize that fruit must be picked a little green to survive shipping and
handling. On the other hand, you don't know what the fruit looked like that is
used for the bottled juice!

Fred

Nancree

Fred McKenzie wrote:

>I saw some Key Limes (produce of Mexico) at the local Walmart yesterday.
>However, they were green, and smaller than the ones my tree produces.

You do know, don't you, that Key Limes are much smaller than the standard lime

(Persian lime) that is always in our supermarkets? Just asking.
Nancree

Nancree

Fred McKenzie wrote:

>I saw some Key Limes (produce of Mexico) at the local Walmart yesterday.
>However, they were green, and smaller than the ones my tree produces.

You do know, don't you, that Key Limes are much smaller than the standard lime

(Persian lime) that is always in our supermarkets? Just asking.
Nancree

Nancree

Fred McKenzie wrote:

>I saw some Key Limes (produce of Mexico) at the local Walmart yesterday.
>However, they were green, and smaller than the ones my tree produces.

You do know, don't you, that Key Limes are much smaller than the standard lime

(Persian lime) that is always in our supermarkets? Just asking.
Nancree

Nancree

Mexican limes are the same as Key limes:
"The Key Lime lime (Citrus aurantifolia Swingle), also referred to as a Mexican
Lime, bears a profuse amount of small, thin-skinned, greenish-yellow limes.
This juicy lime is known for it's distinctive aroma high-acid content. The
picture below shows the size and color difference between the more common
Persian lime and the Key Lime."
And, the Mexican "jungle" ??? Where's that? The greater part of Mexico is
very similar in climate to Florida.

Substituting Lime Juice for Lemon Juice Marilyn[_3_] Preserving 15 13-08-2010 03:49 PM
Key lime juice Bishoop General Cooking 5 07-11-2007 05:55 PM
PH of Lime Juice Anny Middon Preserving 8 03-03-2006 04:07 PM
Rose's Lime Cordial <-> Rose's Lime Juice - what's the difference? [email protected] General Cooking 10 31-12-2004 12:25 AM
Rose's Lime Cordial <-> Rose's Lime Juice - what's the difference? [email protected] General 10 31-12-2004 12:25 AM